High caps or mid caps

Matt.2504

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Poll - Mid Caps or High Caps  

16 members have voted

1. 1. TM G3 - high caps or Mid caps - 5 required. Is the price difference worth it?

• TM Mid cap @£22 ( 5x22 = £110)
    • JG high cap @£9 (5x9 = £45)

4 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I was going to jump in with the 'brim, and brim again' advice, but I've been beaten to it. So that's good. 

I was definitely keen on the idea of mid-caps for a while, but then I had a few rounds where I didn't spend most of my time dead, and actually burned through a metric shit-ton of ammo.  While I really like doing sort-of speedy reloads and looking tacti-cool, I don't have enough mag pouches for it.  And so I decided I quite like high caps after all... and ordered a bunch of Lonex flash mags to kill off the other annoyance (winding).

And yes, if you either move through the woods like a preying mantis (which is my current "energy-saving" / "can't be arsed to run much" / I AM STEVEN SEAGAL approach), or just really 'baby' the gun as you move, then the rattle isn't a problem - even with a nearly empty mag in there. The short little all-out sprints for change of cover or to close right up with the enemy are so obvious that a bit of rattle makes sod all difference.  Movement + not using cover is more of a giveaway than sound, in my (limited) experience.

That's a good point. Generally if using my LCT ak I run mids, but I also have one hicap on me for a "holy shit it's the whole team and I'm about to get charged" moment. 

I made the move from hi- to mid-caps a good while ago and I do not miss the battle rattle. 

That being said, there are times where I wish I had lmg size mags...

If you do make the move to mids, remember that you may/will still need a speed loader for those longer games with heavy action. The speed loader will still rattle a touch.

I generally run mid caps, but have a couple of hi cap's for full auto days or longer games or carry a speed loader.

So I vote, 2 hi caps, 3 mid caps 🙂

Edited by SilentSparky

Both have a place and depends on your play style

Midcaps run anything from 100 to 170ish rounds. So theres quite a difference in what you get :)

I recently start running and AK. Of the 7 mags i have, 1 is a 400 rounds high and my word did i miss the fun early days when i ran 8 M4 300 round hicaps and a 9.6 3300 battery.

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

So much so I bought an LMG :)

I guess I could consider myself a veteran now after 5 years of playing...

I still prefer using HiCaps. Yes they rattle, but you are usually making just as much noise just by running around then the rattling of the high caps. When sneaking I have never had a problem with High Caps rattling to the point it gave away my position. High Caps means having to carry less mags which is always a bonus. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I guess I could consider myself a veteran now after 5 years of playing...

I still prefer using HiCaps. Yes they rattle, but you are usually making just as much noise just by running around then the rattling of the high caps. When sneaking I have never had a problem with High Caps rattling to the point it gave away my position. High Caps means having to carry less mags which is always a bonus. 

Wot he said👆, if your moving fast enough to rattle a hi cap enough for players to hear, their just as likely to see you, irrespective of how good your camo is, the eye will always pick up that kinda movement, unless your Elmer Fudd 🤓

PS, loading your hi caps properly, ie feed tube full & mag full will stop the mags on your rig from making a sound, then all you've got to worry about is the mag in your gun, which shouldn't be hard enough to keep steady & silent ? 

Normally I use a mids with a high cap for those shtf moments. As others have posted, the "battle maraca" reputation of high caps is often exaggerated and is only really apparent if you're bouncing around like a gazelle

• Supporters

Same for me as everyone else really , I do prefer using mids for a couple of reasons , 1 the lack of winding , 2 I enjoy having to do mag changes and the little adrenaline rush(or butthole puckering) you get when your down to your last mag and there’s no obvious let up to the gun fight your involved in ! 😰 but I also always carry a ‘Hail Mary’ hi-cap with me for the “oh shit this is going to end badly !” Moments you invariably get !
But saying all that at the end of the day when I’m absolutely bollox’ed but still want to keep playing or the weathers just too hot for full load out I’m more than happy to head out with just a gun and couple of hi-caps stuck in the pockets of my combats and bog all else .👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.