Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

My gun rings like a bell after every shot


steverebo
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I have done a few upgrades on my arp9 and now when I shoot it rings like a bell. I have had a couple of full day skirmishes and it was a pleasure to use but this ringing is really annoying me.

 

The changes I made were a new compression set

stock cylinder short stroked 13:1 gears M120 spring with a coild and a bit removed 

Rocket bearing spring guide 

Stock motor 

155mm prometheus barrel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously I had this on my Specna,I took it apart to no avail.I adjusted the hop and it fired ok but still rang.I eventually discovered that I had bent one of the 3 tangs on my flash hider.I actually liked it tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine sounds like it's coming from inside the gearbox I think I might be the spring because the gears are shimmed to perfection the motor height is spot on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes piston has bearings, when I clipped the spring I heated it till red hot pushed it against a flat surface so it flattened out a bit and then I sanded it so it wasn't totally round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters

You could try a different spring, something longer with a bit more compression at rest.

 

Otherwise precocking will effectively prevent the "boioioioing" after firing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

You could try a different spring, something longer with a bit more compression at rest.

 

Otherwise precocking will effectively prevent the "boioioioing" after firing.

Just tried with precock still does it it's definitely the spring I can hear a ting after each shot.

 

Precock does reduce it slightly 

Edited by steverebo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pull the charging handle and let it go, does it do the ringing noise? If so, try putting grease on the spring for the charging handle. It was this on my G&G guns that made the ringing noise. 

Edited by MagpieTactical
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MagpieTactical said:

Try putting grease on the spring for the charging handle. It was this on my G&G guns that made the ringing noise. 

That and the forward assist spring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Badgerlicious said:

That and the forward assist spring. 

Never considered that one.  Just roll pin out and then the button followed by spring? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I have completely removed the upper reciever to rule out the charging handle and forward assist and it still rings and I am even more confident that its the spring.

 

I have found a plastic washer on my stock arp9 piston head so u could remove the thrust bearing and use this instead 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very unlikely that the spring is ringing out, it's under compression and in contact with the piston and compression chamber. Though spring guides and top hats are always a good idea.

I'd be looking at the flash hider or outer barrel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
On 16/04/2022 at 18:41, steverebo said:

 

stock cylinder short stroked 13:1 gears M120 spring with a coil and a bit removed 

 

 

On 18/04/2022 at 08:40, Floperator said:

Very unlikely that the spring is ringing out, it's under compression and in contact with the piston and compression chamber.

 

As the OP has cut the spring down, there's every possibility that the spring is NOT under compression at the end of a cycle.

 

@steverebo - if you open up the gearbox, with the piston and spring guide in place, is the spring under tension when the piston is fully forward or can it move freely back and forth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Lozart said:

 

 

As the OP has cut the spring down, there's every possibility that the spring is NOT under compression at the end of a cycle.

 

@steverebo - if you open up the gearbox, with the piston and spring guide in place, is the spring under tension when the piston is fully forward or can it move freely back and forth?

Didn't imagine that the OP would have cut the spring down to negative preload, would expect a massive loss of FPS if this was the case.

If so then a tophat and/or spacing washers would fix it. Or new spring lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Floperator said:

Didn't imagine that the OP would have cut the spring down to negative preload, would expect a massive loss of FPS if this was the case.

If so then a tophat and/or spacing washers would fix it. Or new spring lol

 

If it was an OEM spring they are often shorter than an aftermarket spring anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
On 16/04/2022 at 18:41, steverebo said:

M120 spring with a coild and a bit removed

 

Why imagine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...