New TM Hi Capa 4.3 Issues

JamieUK

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I received my new TM Hi Capa 4.3 2 days ago and tried it out for 15 or so minutes and it appeared to be working fine. However, today it seems to have developed a few issues; feeding and slide locking back when empty.

When 'chambering' a BB/racking the slide manually, it feeds and shoots fine. The next shot however may not, and it will dry fire; requiring me to either rack the slide manually or keep dry firing until it feels like working again.
I have tested the loading nozzle by pulling the slide back slowly and holding the Hi Capa upside down, and each BB feeds fine.

In addition to this, when the magazine is empty the slide will sometimes not lock back. It works fine when I pull it back but if I fire the last BB in the mag it doesn't always work.

After disassembling and reassembling (but not having applied any more lube) the Hi Capa itself seems fine, although upon wiping the little square opening on the loading nozzle with a bit of tissue, there was some dark residue.
One thing I have noticed is that if I fire shoot slowly (1 BB/second) it doesn't seem to have as many issues as when I shoot rapidly.

Could it be something to do with the Gas cooling down to the point where it causes these issues?
I am using Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a.

This is my first Gas airsoft gun.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by JamieUK
Accidentally pressed enter before finished typing.

4 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

I received my new TM Hi Capa 4.3 on 2 days ago and tried it out for 15 or so minutes and it appeared to be working fine. However, today it seems to have developed a few issues.

Great...

...Would you like to expand on that a bit?

144 is a lower pressure gas. If you are shooting rapidly it's probably suffering a little cool down. Are you also outside or in the warm?

29 minutes ago, heroshark said:

144 is a lower pressure gas. If you are shooting rapidly it's probably suffering a little cool down. Are you also outside or in the warm?

I've tried both indoors and outdoors, same thing happens.

Using 144 on retailer's recommendation. I'll give higher pressure gas a go and see if it sorts it. The mags do go really cold but I though that was normal.

TM Capas are fine on green all year round. Colder times you can up it to higher pressure gasses.

Edited by heroshark

I'm using Nuprol low pressure and also Abbey predator.  My hi capa runs great on both, can fire as fast as I like without cool down effects

So it sounds faulty, do as Aengus said and send it back

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

48 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm using Nuprol low pressure and also Abbey predator.  Gun runs great on both, can fire as fast as I like without cool down effects

You have the dor though right? Different animal.

Edited by heroshark

do you know how to strip it? if so check to see if there is any silicon oil on it. i recently bought a TM USP which was sticking i found out it was bone dry and issues were sorted when i lubed the piston and the hammer mech.

On 17/02/2022 at 23:49, BigStew said:

do you know how to strip it? if so check to see if there is any silicon oil on it. i recently bought a TM USP which was sticking i found out it was bone dry and issues were sorted when i lubed the piston and the hammer mech.

Lubed it with a bit of silicon oil and it seems to have done the trick, thanks.

After setting the hop up (almost full) it’s shooting straight up to 90 feet, then the BB drops. I’m using ASG Blaster Devil .25. Does that sound about right?

Yeah about right. A bit of tweaking you might get a bit more range. But if you can hit a target consistently at that range you are good. Most airsofter can't judge distance and forget that a pistol is a back up and expect to be getting aeg range. 

35 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Yeah about right. A bit of tweaking you might get a bit more range. But if you can hit a target consistently at that range you are good. Most airsofter can't judge distance and forget that a pistol is a back up and expect to be getting aeg range. 

Nice one, appreciate the help :)

6 hours ago, BigStew said:

I've witnessed my mate outrange AEG's with his Hi Capa...... 

Ok he was using 0.32's and he does own Hicapahub, so as you can imagine his pistols have had some money spent on them 🤣

Took it to my local indoor field yesterday and the issues returned. It was cold. Tried using green gas and it sorted the issues but chrono’d at about 200fps, .25g bbs.

From what I’ve seen on the internet that is very low.

Could it be down to the cold or should I start looking at replacing internal parts?

Thanks.

That's probably down to the cold. 200 fps on .25's is just under .5 j . Bear in mind that TM being a Japanese company work to their 1 j max power . TM rifles also chrono low but still match any others for range I'm told. If the Hi cappa was working well and still getting decent range in the cold then it sounds OK .

I run mainly GBBRs these days and power levels are markedly lower when the temperatures drop below 10 degrees.

how cold is cold? if its below 10c that's actually pretty good. was it actually able to empty a mag. I personal just write off sub 15c days as not for pistols. You could put higher flow parts in the mags but this only a part year problem.

Sounds about right. Black will perk it up. When I used my 4.3s I put 5.1 outer and inner barrels on them to make the most of the gas. Also the 9ball routes other than that I'd leave it alone. This is why I switched to the newer models. They where pretty though.FB_IMG_1608658541349.jpg.7153981ed13aaa384e4d611e42655ac4.jpg

I use nuprol red or abbey orange on my hi-capa dor in the winter but I chrono it on the day and up or lower the gas to keep it close to 300fps. If I shot 310fps or higher I would vent my mags and use the lower powered gas.

I play mostly indoors so likely slightly warmer than outside but not much and I run the pistol as a primary often.

The other option is of course HPA. That's how I run my pistols. My MK23 and Hi Capa have primary Airsoft adapter's and MP5 mags. My gas shotgun is HPA tapped with an M4 mag adapter and my AAP (when it hasn't chewed itself up internally) is run on a HPA tapped drum mag.

Nice consistent FPS all year round and no plumes of gas after a few shots!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.