Exciting new website launch.

Mat P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Let's wait for the realisation to sink in that you're posting that on a forum for adults who dress up in costumes and play with toy guns. :P 

Your not wrong, this is me on the outside

Clive-Dunn.jpg.9aae62cdd0cc916728c3b3ee51d2295c.jpg

But me on the inside be likeIMG_20220202_115932.png.0d88b39568c0a084b274478ece9eac76.png

On 01/02/2022 at 11:19, Mat P said:

Your concerns are unwarrented sir. I am not data collecting. I am simply offering people the option to receive news and updates about the site and its progress to keep people engaged. You are under no obligation to subscribe. Indeed, you can email me directly if you wish. [email protected] I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. 

Understand where we are coming from - we are being told to take security more seriously these days, I constantly get bombarded with stuff at work about phishing attempts actively occurring etc...
So let's consider your page: it's a stock photo image of some trees on a one page website, built in seconds on a web site builder.  It's more effort than I'd normally credit a spammer for making, which is why I responded in a friendly way first time... but when it's pointed out, it looks (to quote the youth of today) "dodgy AF", and I was glad I'd not entered my email address.

If I was putting together a similar page I'd at least have put some effort into the presentation (i.e. an actual airsoft-related image for a start) because - as you've seen  first impressions really count.

I have to add that your attention to detail is lacking - which isn't a great attribute in a programmer:

• The email address you've provided has a spelling mistake:  I don't know if your email address is really 'enquries' or 'enquiries'.   
  • You quoted my same reply twice.   
  • Your spelling isn't perfect ('unwarrented'), but everyone makes mistakes, and yet you must be actively ignoring the spell checker underlining your mistakes in red.  That makes me wonder how you could write code to run your site.  Programmers can't get away with mangling syntax.
    You definitely need to get someone to proof-read your content if and when you do 'go live' because poor spelling and grammar will not inspire confidence in the reader (That's a thing any developer should do, not just a comment on you)

After saying all that, I wish you all the best of luck with your endeavours.  Please take this as constructively as you can.

image.png.69ee6043e089434f7410b7f9fad4b0a0.png

That soldiers' personal admin is SHOCKING   He's not done up his laces!   Poor camo too, insufficiently tacti-cool.
And what loadout is that supposed to be?  Does he have the correct number of lace-holes in those boots???

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Cannonfodder said:

I think I've found my next loadout 

LOL, I dare you to play 1 game like that, with eyepro obviously. 

Must be pictures though, 👍

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Well it can't be any worse than when I played in this loadout FB_IMG_1643804891669.jpg.0e27d4259dafa98dac637cf28d256708.jpg

😲You must have been very popular that day 🤣

42 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I think I've found my next loadout 

Last year, on a Sunday when it was around 30 degrees centigrade in the shade, this was pretty much how a couple of players looked at a game I was at :o (unfortunately no photos, and God knows what their skin looks like now as I've still a big mark on my calf from being shot with just shorts on).

Some feedback, similar to what has been said already:

- despite the title, the overall look of the page is pretty unexciting, definitely need better graphics, also go read up on landing page design.

- other have mentioned spelling mistakes, there's some weird capitalisation as well (UK in lower case, capitals in your domain name).

- the click to submit button needs some padding between the text and border.

- collecting and storing email addresses (even without any other info) means you are processing personal data in the eyes of the law. You need to make sure you are compliant.

Some of this might seem like nitpicking, but even to people unable to point out the errors specifically, it can take away from how trustworthy the site is perceived to be.

Edited by tinkle60
whoops, spammed the submit buttton

• Supporters
On 02/02/2022 at 12:10, RostokMcSpoons said:

That makes me wonder how you could write code to run your site.  Programmers can't get away with mangling syntax.

This, by the way, explains the... robustness... of many of my questions and comments to people excitedly sharing their awesome new ideas or inventions.

Some of us exist in a binary world where "Very nearly right" is synonymous with "completely wrong".  And further, have learned that it's more efficient to get things right first time than to fudge it then fix it later.

You never get a second chance to make either a first impression, or a live update rollout.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2022 at 12:21, Tackle said:

LOL, I dare you to play 1 game like that, with eyepro obviously. 

Must be pictures though, 👍

4EE22750-76B8-45E6-A2FE-9095969A3E75.jpeg.78ddfed5117f132a27286097a8493b8c.jpegDone, Stirling game at Catterick. Because first impressions count.

Edited by The Waco Kid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.