Pistol holster for pistol w. flashlight

occidio

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What can people recommend? nylon holster no go.
and the price may be reasonable, does not have to be the cheapest but it also does not have to cost more than my gun 🙂

Gun GBB SSP18

And maybe an ok flashlight ?

• Supporters

Quick search didn't come up with anything, might be worthwhile trying to find a 3d printed option, or maybe a usw type kit that can be fitted to yours. 

Or maybe a black hawk omnivore or one of the nuprol EU light bearing series might fit. 

Unfortunately your pistol is relatively rare in use, even less so with a light fitted, so finding someone who's already overcome your problem is unlikely, only alternative is to take the pistol & light in to a retailer that stocks the holsters I've mentioned, again not necessarily feasible. 

Best option, find an online retailer that will take a holster back if it doesn't fit your setup ? 

This is pretty good, as long as you adjust it properly for the pistol:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-modular-universal-holster

Finding them in stock is hard, but I've got two, one molle one and one drop leg that i've shortened to a thigh holster, and they're great.

Edited by Impulse

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Impulse said:

This is pretty good, as long as you adjust it properly for the pistol:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-modular-universal-holster

Finding them in stock is hard, but I've got two, one molle one and one drop leg that i've shortened to a thigh holster, and they're great.

I've also got 2 of those, 1 black & 1 dyed green, but to be honest I've barely used them, as like many material holsters they don't fit well with all pistol designs, they can dump mags without your knowledge, so the only pistols I'd 100% recommend them with would be those that have a mag release on the actual mag well base, such as a Ruger mk1 or similar. 

Where possible I always recommend hard shell or 3d printed holsters to prevent mag loss

• Supporters

Find an old Safariland 6000 series holster. Secondhand theyre reasonable on price, and will fit your gun and most pistol lights. Avoid anything with a laser as they dont help you in any way, are banned at many sites, and will limit your holster options. Youll want to look for either a Glock .40cal or a G17 model holster - depending on who Nov copied his G18 from will depend on which it fits. For instance WE is slightly oversized and requires either modification (easy to do with kydex) or a .40cal holster. 

Like this for example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372074582487?hash=item56a15f91d7:g:ciUAAOSwJM5fUjQG

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I've also got 2 of those, 1 black & 1 dyed green, but to be honest I've barely used them, as like many material holsters they don't fit well with all pistol designs, they can dump mags without your knowledge, so the only pistols I'd 100% recommend them with would be those that have a mag release on the actual mag well base, such as a Ruger mk1 or similar. 

Where possible I always recommend hard shell or 3d printed holsters to prevent mag loss

As long as you set it so the mag release isn't inside the fabric part of the holster then it works great, but yeah, if you set it up where the mag release falls below the fabric, you will lose mags.

I just love my HK pistols though, so this isn't a problem I suffer from any more ;)

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Tackle said:

they can dump mags without your knowledge,

This is true, but the upside is that having a light on the gun fattens it up to the point where you're less likely to take an involuntary dump.  Not speculation, I use that combination, although the best I'll say is that I haven't dropped a mag yet.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

This is true, but the upside is that having a light on the gun fattens it up to the point where you're less likely to take an involuntary dump.  Not speculation, I use that combination, although the best I'll say is that I haven't dropped a mag yet.

I used sad face cos "you had to say it" 😏

To be honest it's been probably 18+ years since I stopped using textile holsters with the kinds of pistol that have the potential to dump mags, if I remember correctly I lost 2 G19 mags in 2 weeks, but I can't actually remember if back then I had a taclite fitted, probably not ? 

On 14/11/2021 at 16:51, Tackle said:

soft shell are no go  :) 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, occidio said:

soft shell are no go  :) 

Dammit, now I'm wanting a hard shell / retentiony holster that can take a generic flashlight too.

I'm seeing Fobus holsters:

Fobus Paddle Holster Glock 19 23 Right Tactical ...

And OWB:

OWB Tactical Gun Holster for Glock Compact Pistol w/ Light ...

But have no idea how well they work, and I'm not going to take a punt on trying to order from Murca.

UK sellers from stock, AliExpress and wait, or GTFO.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Dammit, now I'm wanting a hard shell / retentiony holster that can take a generic flashlight too.

I'm seeing Fobus holsters:

Fobus Paddle Holster Glock 19 23 Right Tactical ...

And OWB:

OWB Tactical Gun Holster for Glock Compact Pistol w/ Light ...

But have no idea how well they work, and I'm not going to take a punt on trying to order from Murca.

UK sellers from stock, AliExpress and wait, or GTFO.

Fobus are easily bought right here in good Old blighty. Which gun would it be for?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Fobus are easily bought right here in good Old blighty. Which gun would it be for?

Knobitch ssp18 apparently , that threaded barrel/extension may make focus holsters an issue as on the light bearing models they use a spigot that sits in the muzzle, in addition to a trigger guard snap lock ?

If you go to the gucci side...

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/lightlaser-bearing-holsters-236-c.asp

However, most of these would require a specific type of light for them to work, since the retention works by grabbing onto the light in many cases.

How is the holster being carried? As dumb as it may sound I have great success using a maxpediton hook and loop concealed carry holder on my chest, or a double stanag pouch with either a bungee or flap.

https://heinnie.com/maxpedition-sneak-universal-holster-insert

Edited by concretesnail

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Huh, so they are.  Mock-Glock 17 with some rando light for me.

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/fobus-glock-17-light-bearing-holster-rbt17-12799-p.asp

or possibly

https://www.tactical-clothing.co.uk/bags-c390/holsters-c396/fobus-tactical-holster-kit-for-glock-17-22-31-with-lighthouse-ii-iii-p11384

Paddles though, all the tacticool kids use molle.

• Supporters
  • Supporters
14 hours ago, Tackle said:

Knobitch ssp18 apparently , that threaded barrel/extension may make focus holsters an issue as on the light bearing models they use a spigot that sits in the muzzle, in addition to a trigger guard snap lock ?

GPWM.

Tempted to say it's his own fault for buying into the hype.

13 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

You can get MOLLE adaptors for them. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fobus-Molle-Platform-Chest-Rig-Mounting-Rotating-Holster-MOLLE-/201641120585?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQiAys2MBhDOARIsAFf1D1cnhwUTZ4NUPfSnl2aRD-lTKUndNz09MGLCcQg47zgBgwtYdoOQB_IaAmmCEALw_wcB

@occidioThis would work: https://deadlycustoms.co.uk/product-category/kydex-pistol-holsters/dc5-series-kydex-holsters/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.