The TM AKM thread

sp00n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

173 dollars. 

I had one of these aks when they first came out, whoever decided to design the stock like that was being obtuse. There's literally no reason they couldn't have made the stock RS compatible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Just done 2 upgrades - a BBF hop arm and a DyTac/Aaron Smith Japan Mount Rail For TM AKM.

Finally an upgraded hop arm!!! need to test them both, apparently the hop arm (and omega nub) is capable of lifting .43’s so should be good with .36’s😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 20:30, sp00n said:

Just done 2 upgrades - a BBF hop arm and a DyTac/Aaron Smith Japan Mount Rail For TM AKM.

Finally an upgraded hop arm!!! need to test them both, apparently the hop arm (and omega nub) is capable of lifting .43’s so should be good with .36’s😎

Ooooh, nice. I modified my hop arm because the stock one seems to push on Maple Leaf rubbers unevenly, so I filed some material away. I run mine on .32s, but couldn't do much more with the stock arm. Might look at the BBF one though, as I have to put a lot of hop on to lift .32s.

That all said, I do prefer mine to my MWS. Yes, I'll be spending a whole lot more on my MWS making it all tacticool with real-steel parts, but the AKM I will keep basic as it's my bad guy gun and it's so much easier to work on; now that I have mags I love it!

• 1 month later...

Anyone bored of their akm? Looking to potentially swap my mws...just putting the feelers out gents. Didn't know where to ask properly on here, thanks for your time

Ryan

1 hour ago, Gunner91 said:

Anyone bored of their akm? Looking to potentially swap my mws...just putting the feelers out gents. Didn't know where to ask properly on here, thanks for your time

Ryan

Like, say for instance, the big section in the Classifieds labelled convieniently 'Swaps'????

59 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Like, say for instance, the big section in the Classifieds labelled convieniently 'Swaps'????

Ah, you must be the big brains around here. Didn't want to make an advert implying I do want to make a swap for definite. I did say potentially. Thank you for the information though much appreciated.

AKX is released at the end of the month.

https://impulse101.jp/en/gbb-rifle-gas-gun/tokyo-marui-akx-real-gas-blowback-series-5746

not quite sure what Marui's thought process is at times. They could have knocked out a AKMSU or even a AK74SU but went with the AKX

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

AKX is released at the end of the month.

https://impulse101.jp/en/gbb-rifle-gas-gun/tokyo-marui-akx-real-gas-blowback-series-5746

not quite sure what Marui's thought process is at times. They could have knocked out a AKMSU or even a AK74SU but went with the AKX

Marui have always been weird like that.

Finally had a chance to get hands on with one today, have to say its well put together compared to a GHK but it really lacked something in the firing. The recoil really wasn't there at all for me which is half the fun of a GBBR (even compared to my MWS not to mention either of my GHK AKs). I felt distinctly underwhelmed, so much so I put my bank card back in my pocket and walked out of the shop.  

Edited by EvilMonkee

• 2 months later...

Got my AKX. Generally happy with it. It’s hot on Green gas and the stock hop unit struggles with anything over 0.25s.

I’ve fitted a Bavtac nub and a nineball air seal hop rubber, I’m now flinging 0.28s dead straight with the hop on its lowest setting.

im waiting on a volante full travel bolt and a TBB.

currently my AKX doesn’t have the hammer strength to depress the exit valve of my G&P mags using Nuprol 2.0. So I need to figure out how to solve that.

I suspect the easiest solution will be to change a spring in the trigger box. But I haven’t looked yet. Alternative is to fit OEM Marui exit valves… which I haven’t been able to source.

IMG_2950.jpeg

Edited by MistakenMexican

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Looking to add the angry gun piston and Bowmaster 130%, has anyone known this combo to snap the charging, I saw it happen to someone on reddit, didn't know if this was common? 

Thanks!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2023 at 22:38, MistakenMexican said:

Got my AKX. Generally happy with it. It’s hot on Green gas and the stock hop unit struggles with anything over 0.25s.

I’ve fitted a Bavtac nub and a nineball air seal hop rubber, I’m now flinging 0.28s dead straight with the hop on its lowest setting.

im waiting on a volante full travel bolt and a TBB.

currently my AKX doesn’t have the hammer strength to depress the exit valve of my G&P mags using Nuprol 2.0. So I need to figure out how to solve that.

I suspect the easiest solution will be to change a spring in the trigger box. But I haven’t looked yet. Alternative is to fit OEM Marui exit valves… which I haven’t been able to source.

IMG_2950.jpeg

Where did you get these magazines from and any issues?

1 hour ago, KIERANELOUALI said:

Where did you get these magazines from and any issues?

I sourced the magazines from this forum. I wasn’t quick enough to get them directly from WGCShop.

I’m not thrilled by the magazines. The AKX can’t depress the exit valve on any of them using Nuprol 2.0.

The gas well design is also terrible so half of the magazines have a slow leak from the base. It can be fixed with a bigger oring… but it’s still a stupid problem to have.

im waiting on new exit valves to see if that fixes the green gas problem. And I need to source the orings to see if that solves the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finally picked up an AKM to add to my rather large collection of ....AKMs....any recommendations for hop upgrades?  I am aware of the BAVTAC patch, any for the rubber itself?

I run a Maple Leaf MR hop in mine because it just seems to really like it (I'm usually all about the autobot rubbers), however I'm not using the bavtac patch and instead am using a slightly modified hop arm since I've had my AKM since before these things existed :P

6 hours ago, Impulse said:

I run a Maple Leaf MR hop in mine because it just seems to really like it (I'm usually all about the autobot rubbers), however I'm not using the bavtac patch and instead am using a slightly modified hop arm since I've had my AKM since before these things existed :P

What sort of range are you talking? Will it lift .3s?

On 31/07/2023 at 03:34, OREVREV said:

Hi All,

Looking to add the angry gun piston and Bowmaster 130%, has anyone known this combo to snap the charging, I saw it happen to someone on reddit, didn't know if this was common? 

Thanks!  

I'm planning to do something similar aswell, but with the Hephaestus spring (??%) and their Piston. for the akx. I've hear of this too, but never seen the actual post. Could you link or dm that to me ? 

Thanks

On 03/09/2023 at 18:38, EvilMonkee said:

What sort of range are you talking? Will it lift .3s?

Easily. I run .32s, though with my weird hop arm that's as much as it'll do. With a better hop arm or nub like the bavtac one, you'll easily lift .3s. I've got a Jaeger Precision hop arm in my bits box now, so I'll likely fit that at some point if my gun starts performing poorly. At the moment though, if it ain't broke, I'm not fixing it!

In terms of range, I can reliably hit the 60m target at my local field and I trust the range at my local field because I've confirmed the ranges with my rangefinder! It's a lovely gun for sure :D

Going to put a few mags through it first before seeing if I want to futter with it.  My MWS is completely stock bar, well, the stock.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 08:08, chrislocho said:

I'm planning to do something similar aswell, but with the Hephaestus spring (??%) and their Piston. for the akx. I've hear of this too, but never seen the actual post. Could you link or dm that to me ? 

Thanks

Hey, I never heard back from anyone, but I've been running it no problems on Nuprol 2.0, turned out the gun I brought second hand already had both upgrades lol, the bowmaster spring is slightly cut down. I think it's only if you had a charging handle extension it happens. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.