Cyma Products

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 07/03/2021 at 15:57, Adolf Hamster said:

supposedly that's that the likes of the 045 come with according to tg:

https://www.taiwangun.com/assault-rifle-aeg/cm-045-cyma

although there's steel and there's steel ofc.

I have had two CM045s and can confirm that the receivers are stamped sheet steel.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I have had two CM045s and can confirm that the receivers are stamped sheet steel.

What kind of thickness?

Also whats the finish like?

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

What kind of thickness?

Also whats the finish like?

Probably 1.5mm thick? Sturdy but doesn't weigh a tonne. Finish is painted rather than blued like E&L's....but hey, they are 2x the price. 

My Krinkov has a nasty beat up and rusty finish thanks to some sandpaper and water / orange acrylic wash so probably not a good example 🤣

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Probably 1.5mm thick? Sturdy but doesn't weigh a tonne. Finish is painted rather than blued like E&L's....but hey, they are 2x the price. 

My Krinkov has a nasty beat up and rusty finish thanks to some sandpaper and water / orange acrylic wash so probably not a good example 🤣

fair enough, figured they'd be painted.

the e&l's are about 1.5mm but then there's thicker sections spot welded inside to re-enforce.

• Supporters
On 10/03/2021 at 02:15, Adolf Hamster said:

funny story many moons ago when a younger hamster was still renting he tripped, his mind filled with "shit shit don't break the gun" and somehow (to this day i don't know where the grace came from) excecuted a perfect forward roll ics m4 tucked in his belly and emerged spreadeagled on the ground both himself and rifle completely unscathed to the merry chuckling of all who observed.

Similar story (but luckily NOT me) was playing at Dragon Valley , on site there’s this wee wooden bridge that due to heavy over head cover and the right(or wrong ?) weather conditions and time of year would become more slimy than a 2nd hand car salesman who hasn’t reached his quota for the month ,  any hoo a very ‘gung ho’ young player goes absolutely steaming across said slime drenched bridge , obviously looses his footing starts to face plant but the flash hider of his spanky new TM M14 That he’d also dropped a silly amount of beer tokens on for firesupport to ‘up-grade’ for him digs deep in to the rotting wood of the bridge he then pivots on the butt end of it with it dug deep in to his guts to be fired over the side like a projectile from a medieval trebuchet laying siege to a fortified French town ! He lands flat on his back still grasping his M14 which now starts spouting sparks and gouts of smoke ! He screams(like a school girl I may add !😉) throws it away from him self , it lands then proceeds to catch fire and rapidly melt in to clouds of toxic fumes as it was also one of the first encounters I had with LiPo batteries ! So yea some times even top end get well and truly banjo’ed ! 🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Similar story (but luckily NOT me) was playing at Dragon Valley , on site there’s this wee wooden bridge that due to heavy over head cover and the right(or wrong ?) weather conditions and time of year would become more slimy than a 2nd hand car salesman who hasn’t reached his quota for the month ,  any hoo a very ‘gung ho’ young player goes absolutely steaming across said slime drenched bridge , obviously looses his footing starts to face plant but the flash hider of his spanky new TM M14 That he’d also drop a silly amount of beer tokens on for firesupport to ‘up-grade’ for him digs deep in to the rotting wood of the bridge he then pivots on the butt end of it with it dug deep in to his guts to be fired over the side like a projectile from a medieval trebuchet laying siege to a fortified French town ! He lands flat on his back still grasping his M14 which now starts spouting sparks and gouts of smoke ! He screams(like a school girl I may add !😉) throws it away from him self , it lands then proceeds to catch fire and rapidly melt in to clouds of toxic fumes as it was also one of the first encounters I had with LiPo batteries ! So yea some times even top end get well and truly banjo’ed ! 🤣🤣🤣

i *may* have had a similar moment, except instead of my pew getting catapulted it went straight for my ribs.

fortunately wasnt hard enough to break any bones and surprisingly the gun was just fine too.

31 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

If you had to choose metal bodied M4 between a Cyma and one of the mid tier G&G's GC16 series, which would you go for?

I'd look at the internals first before worrying about the externals. Personally I'm not fussed about having a metal gun. I'd rather have something with good quality internals. Don't have any experience with G&G so can't judge fairly, CYMA seems to generally offer decent spec for the money however and generally represent good value in my view.

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

If you had to choose metal bodied M4 between a Cyma and one of the mid tier G&G's GC16 series, which would you go for?

Well the way Cyma have really stepped up there game the past few yrs and I feel(for me anyway)G&G have sat back on there reputation a bit and not really pushed anything really knew like they used too , AND having bought a few new Cyma’s guns recently i’d get one no problem . 

• Supporters

The GC16 range hasn't changed in a while whereas the Cyma stuff is much improved. They're still both cast pot metal bodies so I wouldn't be too hung up on that as has been mentioned, the G&G internals are fine, nothing fancy but pretty reliable (don't get anything with any suggestion of blowback though). Cyma gearboxes have generally been pretty good for a while and the newer ones with the mosfets and stuff seem to be quite well regarded. I doubt you'd go far wrong with either to be honest from a purely mechanical point of view.

Aesthetically it depends on you really. The GC series have a lot of Magpul-esque furniture which is a bit rubbish and weird ergo grips (Warthog, Wildhog et al) but that really is all a bit "eye of the beholder".

Don't get the GR4 G26 though. The front has a habit of falling off.

The lad has a blow back G&G.  It's been reliable for a couple of years, but...  he dropped it and the front fell off.  

The G&G 'fet is crap.   

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.