Fed up of Tech delays. (Last update...)

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

The problem some of you guys have missed is that three of these RIFs are under warranty with the specific retailer they are with, either warranty because they were bought there or under warranty because they were upgraded there. 

Can't exactly take them anywhere else. Without have to shell out more. 

Which is the why I needed to rant as I feel helpless and needed to vent to you 🙂

Have you tried contacting the actual manufacturers ? Mite be worth a punt , only thing I would say is do it through there Facebook page/twitter feed (they all have them now) that way if they blow you off you can kick up a very public stink which they won’t like or want ? 😉

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Have you tried contacting the actual manufacturers ? Mite be worth a punt , only thing I would say is do it throughthere Facebook page twitter feed (they all have them now) that way if they blow you off you can kick up a very public stink which they won’t like or want ? 😉

This is where it gets more complicated. I have approached the manufacturer directly, they would only deal with the authorised retailer. The particular retailer I bought it from brought it in in a Business to business transaction from the authorised retailer. 

So at this point I will probably have to go direct to the authorised retailer and pay through the nose for anything. 

As you can see, I am a bit stuffed through no fault of my own and I am likely going to have to pay someone to fix 2 out of 3 of my warranty Rifs.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Yup. Hence the rant as I feel pretty helpless about the situation!

I will definitely get them back as they are pretty local. 

Just get a refund. If it can not be repaired within a suitable timeframe you are entitled to one.

Just now, Asomodai said:

This is where it gets more complicated. I have approached Umarex directly, they would only deal with the authorised retailer. The particular retailer I bought it from brought it in in a Business to business transaction from the authorised retailer. 

So at this point I will probably have to go direct to the authorised retailer and pay through the nose for anything. 

So as you can see, I am a bit stuffed and I am likely going to have to pay someone to fix 2 out of 3 of my warranty Rifs.

If the retailer will not affect the repair and it is a manufacturing issue the manufacturer should take responsibility.

Have a look through the consumer rights laws

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just get a refund. If it can not be repaired within a suitable timeframe you are entitled to one.

I could easily ask, but I doubt I would get as they could just go out of business before paying out. 

• Supporters

May be an obvious question but have you spoken to citizens advice ? 

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

May be an obvious question but have you spoken to citizens advice ? 

Nope. I am fully prepared to just pay someone else to fix the things that wont be under warranty even though I shouldn't have to. I just want my stuff back and working more then anything as quickly as possible. Hence this thread was more of a rant then asking for advice. 

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If the retailer will not affect the repair and it is a manufacturing issue the manufacturer should take responsibility.

Have a look through the consumer rights laws

I'll have to take a look into that if it comes to it. Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Immortal said:

If they close doors you may end up with nada...

...I'd just get it back ASAP whilst you have a way of contacting them and a working address.

I know the shop tech personally and have his contact details and will be taking on some work after the retailer closes. From what I understand it wasn't his fault that my work was pushed back. 

Though yes I may take my stuff in the short term. 

And as if by magic, my MP5 is now ready to ship back to me... ;)

• Supporters

And as if by magic, my MP5 is now ready to ship back to me... ;)

Well dip me in chocolate and chuck me to the gender fluids , who da thunk ! 😱

Just now, Druid799 said:

Well dip me in chocolate and chuck me to the gender fluids , who da thunk ! 😱

Good discount off it as well. I had set aside £150 for it all but got charged far less. :)

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Next time you have a problem give me a shout first.

What are you offering? ;)

Well. Another one of the guns sagas has ended. 

I was made an offer on the Tavor in its current form from a forum member and I have accepted it. Will have lost quite a bit of money, but having waited so long for it to be ready, created such a headache, I feel that its kind of spoiled the purchase and have gone off the idea of a gas gun! 

Wonder what I shall I get next ;)

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Well. Another one of the guns sagas has ended. 

I was made an offer on the Tavor in its current form from a forum member and I have accepted it. Will have lost quite a bit of money, but having waited so long for it to be ready, created such a headache, I feel that its kind of spoiled the purchase and have gone off the idea of a gas gun! 

Wonder what I shall I get next ;)

A proper gas gun and not a kwa?😂

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

A proper gas gun and not a kwa?😂

Not interested in gas unless its a pistol. 

I might go back to a Tavor AEG at somepoint. But for now I am looking at either an SRS, MK43 or a Type 97

Not interested in gas unless its a pistol. 

I might go back to a Tavor AEG at somepoint. But for now I am looking at either an SRS, MK43 or a Type 97

Could you have picked 3 more polar opposite guns?😂

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Fixed it for you

I get where you are coming from, however have you seen how hard it is to pick up spare parts these days? Especially the weak points like the motor cages. No one wants to distribute Real Swords because of how flaky the manufacturer is. If anyone has stock, its the leftovers. 

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Could you have picked 3 more polar opposite guns?😂

I always have a list ready to go. Technically I don't have a proper LMG unless a site thinks an MG36 can count. 

I only have one bolt action.

Type 97, well its the holy grail bullpup. 

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I get where you are coming from, however have you seen how hard it is to pick up spare parts these days? Especially the weak points like the motor cages. No one wants to distribute Real Swords because of how flaky the manufacturer is. If anyone has stock, its the leftovers. 

Haven't really looked recently but I know there was a few HK places that had spares.

I generally make my own parts where possible anyway.

You can get spare parts for them. When I got my SVD upgraded by KOA he asked if I wanted and of the realsword steel upgrade parts, so you must be able to get them from the manufacturer 

So I got the MP5 in today.

Shoots lovely and fast with its all new compression gear and barrel and the built in tracer unit for the hop is fantastic. 

Unfortunately the one fault I asked to be looked at still occurs. The hop adjustment lever shakes into a neutral position within seconds of full auto. Looks like it's going back...

Just got off the phone with the tech, he'll take it back and we may go the TDC mod route! Take out all the inherent issues with the MP5 hop. 

Archived