THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Internally, just a new hop-up nub to lift heavier ammo. SixG brass nub, BavTac MHN and Jaeger Titan nub are all decent in my experience. 

Externally, just go with what you like. Loads of people (myself included) went for the URG-I look, but you've completed it, so accessorise as you see fit.

Guns Modify P-mags are also decent if you want that look.

Hi guys, yesterday first time runned mws with hpa, but here is an issue never meet before: the fire selector seems to be a liitle loose in AUTO and may swith to SEMI (run with original bolt and angry gun super recoil buffer)....
Anyone any idea to imporve this ?

4 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Add on externally or internally?

Mostly externally

I already got a Layla’s hop up arm, a Modify beige bucking (X-range 55 degree are out of stock everywhere for me) and a PDI barrel

3 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Internally, just a new hop-up nub to lift heavier ammo. SixG brass nub, BavTac MHN and Jaeger Titan nub are all decent in my experience. 

Externally, just go with what you like. Loads of people (myself included) went for the URG-I look, but you've completed it, so accessorise as you see fit.

Guns Modify P-mags are also decent if you want that look.

I went looking in every Japan store, impossible to find any P-mag sadly 😔😔

I also bought a Surefire style suppressor from Airsoft Artisan

got some ambi selector and mag release

Didn’t installed all those for the moment, the rifle is in the case waiting to come back to France 

maybe if anyone knows a good sling mount for the handguard, and a ref for a decent (but not 200€) ngal replica maybe

I also happen to have an Odin Speedloader

I cant seem to find any adapter online available for MWS, but I’m sure I’ve seen some 

does one know if it’s something I can buy ?

Edited by Lyxis

Totally depends on what kind of look your going for, I’d change the pistol grip for sure then just accessorise it how you see fit.

If your going for a unit impression then you can just ‘clone’ the items used, if not then the world of accessories is your oyster!

1 hour ago, Lyxis said:

I went looking in every Japan store, impossible to find any P-mag sadly 😔😔

maybe if anyone knows a good sling mount for the handguard, and a ref for a decent (but not 200€) ngal replica maybe

I also happen to have an Odin Speedloader

I cant seem to find any adapter online available for MWS, but I’m sure I’ve seen some 

does one know if it’s something I can buy ?

For P-mags, try WGC Shop or JK Army. 

If the TM handguard has a QD point, just get a decent QD attachment (Magpul, BFG etc), if not, a Magpul M-LOK mount will sort you out.

I have a WADSN Ngal clone that's decent enough

20230801_192659(1).thumb.jpg.642c1bb0eb0d3b89033146212747659f.jpg

19 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Looking for a 7inch inner barrels would a hi-CAPA  or MP7 barrels be okay or ae they cut different to a normal MWS barrel?

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's a GBB spec barrel, you're good. Happy to be corrected. 

2 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Looking for a 7inch inner barrels would a hi-CAPA  or MP7 barrels be okay or ae they cut different to a normal MWS barrel?

Thank you.

Laylax Nineball 162.5mm 6.03 inner barrel is what I used for my 7” build.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

On 26/11/2023 at 17:53, C-Diddy said:

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's a GBB spec barrel, you're good. Happy to be corrected. 

On 26/11/2023 at 17:57, Wavey_Gravey said:

Laylax Nineball 162.5mm 6.03 inner barrel is what I used for my 7” build.

Thank you both.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got the hankering for a SBR/Honey Badger style build - I've already got one with a PDW style stock.

I can't find a nice style rail though, the closest I've seen is a Nuprol one (out of production) or a Dytac SLR 6.75". Any other recommendations?

Hello everyone 

im running into some issues regarding the hop up on my MWS

For the moment the only parts installed are a Modify Beige rubber, a Laylax hop arm and a PDI MWS barrel (250mm for 6.01mm in diameter)

I have two issues, both related but somehow independent too

the first I have is when tightening the barrel nut, the hop up unit tilts to the side and the arm get stuck

i can increase hop but the dial is pretty hard to rotate. Once set, I can turn down the hop up how I want, the arm is stuck in his position and won’t move at all, keeping all the pressure down until I shoot (not ideal at all)

i saw that depending on how I maintain the outer barrel while tightening it can help, but my hands are not as strong as I need to tighten it down with the wrench

I can manage to solve it a bit but it’s still annoying (since it’s all stock parts of the URG-I version except the 3 parts mentioned earlier) 

The second issue is the most concerning

and I noticed it when I got the first one a bit solved

My hop up dial is actually moving down on each shot

i can set it however I want, when I shoot the hop up is turned down until minimum hop is applied and BBs rolls down the barrel

I figured it out when I was shooting, I could fire 2 or 3 rounds correctly, then I can see the trajectory going down, until I have literally no hop, and BBs are falling down when I tilt the rifle. 
this wasn’t happening when I got the gun stock, and it went through 500 rounds before, no problem

but now the dial won’t hold the hop setting, even though I never took appart or touched the hop unit inside the upper receiver (I only took appart the unit in the outer barrel for the bucking)

Sorry for the wall I just wrote lol

but I never encountered this issue nor saw it before on MWS discussions (may have missed it)

is there any way to fix that ?

If you have a permanent fix for the first part it would be cool, but I think I can work with it

But the second issue is the most concerning 

thank you !

Guns Modify do a metal hop adjuster wheel. It has 36 adjustment increments as apposed to the 24 in the standard plastic adjuster wheel. Subsequently it is much more precise, and has a metal plunger with a strong spring. I have fitted it in 2 of my MWS rifles, and it holds zero perfectly. It is rated to only lift 0.35bbs, but with the high end hop rubbers now available, like the Pink Flamingo and the ML MR hop, I have found it has no issues with 0.40s and 0.43s in my DMR builds. However you will likely have to buy it from HK from somewhere like Airsoft global, though you might get it from Fire Support.

15 hours ago, Lyxis said:

Text

Issue number 1 is over tightening the barrel but it most cases. Try loosening it off and retightening with a bit of card / plastic in both sides of the hop to keep it straight, worked for me before.

Second issue sounds like everything’s too loose, could even be you’ve gone too loose on the barrel but. Have you checked the screw in the mock gas tube hole that holds the hop dial in place? 

Take some pictures of around the hop area and post them up, might help.

Thank you for the first solution

seeing how tight the barrel nut was stock when I first took it apart I find it weird it could be caused but over tightening it

But I got a razor blade that I stuck on the side it was moving when tightening it all and now it’s all good

For the second issue, I looked around the gun and took it appart to see what I could do

i tried sticking a thin layer of soft plastic from a zip bag under the screw, to act like an o-ring, and got something to have more tension in the spring that pushes the pin to get the clicks

From the few shot I took it seems like working 

but I’ll have to test it extensively more to be sure I worked

thank you for your help !

On 17/12/2023 at 17:10, Lyxis said:

text of second issue

I registered just to reply, so I hope it helps. Your second issue is probably caused not by hop up itself, but by nozzle guide on top of BCG. Every time bolt is returns to battery front of the nozzle guide catches on hop up wheel and it moves it a little. Just file it down a little and it should be good.

On 16/12/2023 at 18:47, Lyxis said:

Hello everyone 

im running into some issues regarding the hop up on my MWS

For the moment the only parts installed are a Modify Beige rubber, a Laylax hop arm and a PDI MWS barrel (250mm for 6.01mm in diameter)

I have two issues, both related but somehow independent too

the first I have is when tightening the barrel nut, the hop up unit tilts to the side and the arm get stuck

i can increase hop but the dial is pretty hard to rotate. Once set, I can turn down the hop up how I want, the arm is stuck in his position and won’t move at all, keeping all the pressure down until I shoot (not ideal at all)

i saw that depending on how I maintain the outer barrel while tightening it can help, but my hands are not as strong as I need to tighten it down with the wrench

I can manage to solve it a bit but it’s still annoying (since it’s all stock parts of the URG-I version except the 3 parts mentioned earlier) 

The second issue is the most concerning

and I noticed it when I got the first one a bit solved

My hop up dial is actually moving down on each shot

i can set it however I want, when I shoot the hop up is turned down until minimum hop is applied and BBs rolls down the barrel

I figured it out when I was shooting, I could fire 2 or 3 rounds correctly, then I can see the trajectory going down, until I have literally no hop, and BBs are falling down when I tilt the rifle. 
this wasn’t happening when I got the gun stock, and it went through 500 rounds before, no problem

but now the dial won’t hold the hop setting, even though I never took appart or touched the hop unit inside the upper receiver (I only took appart the unit in the outer barrel for the bucking)

Sorry for the wall I just wrote lol

but I never encountered this issue nor saw it before on MWS discussions (may have missed it)

is there any way to fix that ?

If you have a permanent fix for the first part it would be cool, but I think I can work with it

But the second issue is the most concerning 

thank you !

i bought the same URGI MWS and did very similar mods and had the exact same problems.

it is because the hop-up adjuster is moving and therefore getting caught on the bolt as it fires forward for each shot. This then turns down the hop wheel and your bb’s gradually go lower and lower.

As another user has posted, you need to re secure the screw that holds the hop-up adjuster wheel. It’s where the gas block tube starts inside the upper receiver.

I thought I had broken this part when taking apart the URGI to change the hop-up rubber and bought the Guns Modify metal hop chamber and hop adjuster. However i wouldn’t spend £60 until you’ve tried the above. 

Hello,

I have an MWS M4A1 and would like to use it on green gas, I read a lot about it and saw videos, but I have to admit I don’t know where to start. 
I ordered a Bavtac Nozzle return spring as the stock one is prone to break at some point with GG. 
I also ordered a Bavtac Nub because I would like to play with 0,32g bbs (I have a lot as bought in bulk for the rest of my airsoft toys). 
Last thing is there is a 1J limit where I play so I took a FEDA Valve (NPAS) with the bavtac parts to fine tune the Joules as close as possible to the limit depending on temperature.

I put a coin (1€) at the bottom of the buffer tube as I tested it and saw the bolt screw was touching the lower body part (over travel). 
I bought 3 additional GM Pmags at the moment. 

Are there things I forgot? Should I change something else? Stock buffer / buffer spring is ok? Stock BCG / Nozzle is also ok? 

Thanks in advance 

That's the wisest way IMHO. 

All the stock parts you listed are great. If you can fi d TM nozzles in stock, you could pick a couple up.

GM parts are, in my experience anyway, generally good, but play better with other GM parts, particularly in the BCG etc. 

Avoid Angry Gun internals if you can, but you've got the parts most prone to breaking, so run and enjoy it 👍

On 18/12/2023 at 19:09, priorofori said:

I registered just to reply, so I hope it helps. Your second issue is probably caused not by hop up itself, but by nozzle guide on top of BCG. Every time bolt is returns to battery front of the nozzle guide catches on hop up wheel and it moves it a little. Just file it down a little and it should be good.

Thank you

I can’t seem to locate where it could catch and what I have to file down. Is that part supposed to be plastic or metal ?

from what I’ve done to the hop up, it seems to keep the setting

and I’ve tightened the hop adjuster screw behind the gas block

but I still have an inconsistent hop

i tried several buckings, still the same issue

sometimes it’s working good with consistent hop, and then a flyer, followed by several shots falling way below the target, and then it works again

i tried a Modify Beige, Modify X-range 55 and a ML Autobot

none of them wants to work properly

maybe my mags still have some of TM’s oil in the BB guide tube and that could make them slip on the bucking 

idk I’m kinda lost tbh

i can’t locate the issue

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a fix for a Guns Modify P Mag MWS  that only takes about 2 seconds of gas before stopping itself filing up anymore and then only shooting 5-10 BBs before running out. I have held the green gas can against the filler valve for 20 seconds and get almost no gas inside the mag. There are no leaks either?