THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@Davegolfappreciate the filled weight info. I had an absolute shocker with my MWS at the weekend, barely clearing a full mag despite it being 12-14°C, and the last few shots being limp as a vicar's handshake.

I'll purge and refill using the 1 second on, 9 second rest and see if I hit the magic 470g on all six mags.

As for the GM P-mags, that's another story but same results 🙄

No prob.

The GM Pmags will work, you need to compare the upper profile of the mag (where the gas route is), youll see that the plastic top plate is too high, if you sand/machine/file this down to the same height as the TM mag youll find they work much better.

Hey guys anyone had luck with installing a Tokyo Marui MK18 hanguard (M4/HK416 NEXT GENERATION)  from an AEG to an unmodded original barrel on a TM MWS? I am curious to see if it is possible with modifications. I was stupid enough to think it would fit directly, I've bought the part second hand from online. I suspect the seller sent me a MADBULL barrel nut with an OEM Tokyo Marui MK18 AEG handguard as the parts don't physically fit..  Upon checking the website of MADBULL, its evident that the rail is OEM TM and the barrel nut is a MADBULL. I've looked up the OEM TM MK18 AEG barrel nut and it has two threaded parts, so I suspect this would solve my issues, by using the new barrel nut with the Madbull barrel nut. 

EDIT:// I guess I will have to source TM MK18 GBB parts, since the handguard seems to be the same on AEG and GBB MK18s, with similar connection methods. Anyone has good suggestions for the TM MK18 GBBR barrel nuts? I need two. Any help or website suggestions for aftermarket or OEM TM parts will be helpful! 
 image.png.fd5cb42f65794b2bf69437c0c14c3990.png

So now I am wondering if I could attach a TM MK18 AEG Barrel nut  (AN:  NGM4-502) on the TM MWS UPPER reciever so that I could attach the TM MK18 AEG handguard. 

image.png.fc390437dedf2d1f8feefa887ad27eb3.png

2023-04-26 14_40_24-WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 19.08.00.jpeg ‎- Photos.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 19.05.35.jpg

Edited by AlgebraMWS

Not sure about marui handguards but most AEG rails need a spacer.

You will need a spacer with Madbull handguards too, unless you use an aftermarket outer barrel.

Also, im no expert having only looked at a Mk18 rail once previously, but you have that barrel nut the wrong way round in your photo? Smaller end should sit inside the rail.

On 26/04/2023 at 14:21, AlgebraMWS said:

The barrel nut came from a madbull handguard, the seller kept the OEM TM barrel nuts, hence why it doesnt fit, lol fml...

I think I figured it out, I will need to buy the TM MK18 GBB barrel nuts and install it on the MWS. 

image.png.6e08f3ee0f32915d47d58785b9c42ed0.png

If its a struggle, I do have a complete Madbull Mk18 handguard set up which I ran on my MWS for a little while

All you need is either a barrel adapter or a different outer barrel, like the laylax modular one.

On 25/04/2023 at 08:24, Wavey_Gravey said:

You are possibly the first and only case I’ve ever heard of where mags won’t hold higher pressure gas, sounds like you’ve either got duff mags (doubt) or it’s a fill issue.

As before, what green gas cans have you used? Have you tried purging your mags?

I've used Nuprol, Abbey, and WE regular (2.0/etc.etc. depending on brand), and have genuine TM mags from different vendors that all seem to be constructed and behave the same (inc. the one that came with the MWS). I have tried various things, and do purge the air manually in the way that works for different gun's mags, but it makes no difference to the issue with the MWS mags (unless they obviously have trapped air in and need it, like any other mag sometimes gets. Then it's just, as expected, and continues to have issues with regular GG but is fine with 144a/lower pressure).

The gun & mags are about a year old but never skirmished with yet, only used for plinking for a few hours for a day or two at a time before being cleaned up and put away for a week or two. Mostly just keeping myself and the gun maintained, fresh, and enjoyed. lol.

Thank you all for your attempts to assist btw! I'm stumped so I'm just going to keep running 144a 'cause it works. Obviously I'll keep some regular GG on hand in case it's ever too cold or decides to like it one day but, all my main guns are TM so 144a is recommended anyway, and works on everything reliably lol.

Edited by KirbyHCI

9 hours ago, Koooo said:

Hi everyone, just a get a nice MWS, but sometimes it's bolt lock not work (but it can work well if there is little gas in the mag), anyone any idea?

I would make sure the zet plate that holds the bolt open moves freely and the bolt/buffer spring is lubricated well. Then maybe unscrew the buffer tube by 1 turn and see if that helps?

If the mag is getting low on gas it might not fully retract to allow the lock to work.

Thanks, just try these last night and the bolt stop just cracked LOL

13 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I would make sure the zet plate that holds the bolt open moves freely and the bolt/buffer spring is lubricated well. Then maybe unscrew the buffer tube by 1 turn and see if that helps?

If the mag is getting low on gas it might not fully retract to allow the lock to work.

I just switch my bolt and buffer with my friend's, now I believe there should be some problem with the bolt and buffer too...

Edited by Koooo

Hey guys has anyone got the Toxicant mcx mws kit? What are you thoughts on it. Would love to have an mcx gbbr 😁

25 minutes ago, Lluis said:

Hey guys has anyone got the Toxicant mcx mws kit? What are you thoughts on it. Would love to have an mcx gbbr 😁

Heard it’s got it’s issues, wait for the Airsoft Artisan one to drop see how good that is before picking up the Toxicant one.

7 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Heard it’s got it’s issues, wait for the Airsoft Artisan one to drop see how good that is before picking up the Toxicant one.

Where have you see Airsoft artisan is making one? Thanks

Has anyone tried or reviewed the Jaeger Precision Titan Nub?

18 hours ago, acrxil said:

Has anyone tried or reviewed the Jaeger Precision Titan Nub?

I think someone should do a comprehensive test of;

BavTac MHN

Jaeger Titan

SixG Super

Wheres the popcorn

4 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I think someone should do a comprehensive test of;

BavTac MHN

Jaeger Titan

SixG Super

Wheres the popcorn

I shall not be conducting said test. No need. Got the SixG installed and feel no desire to try anything else. 😉 works a treat 👌👌

🍿🍿...

Hey, so 15 months and around 12k shots in for my MWS and its time for my first repairs. Nothing major but noticed the feed lips on one of my mags are cracked. Still firing fine but it's about time I got a few spares for the tool box. I'm reluctant to use after market brands as the damn thing shoots so bloody good, I'd rather keep that marui magic but a 10er for 1 feed lip! Outrageous. Any who the Yorkshireman in me is showing now. Are there any genuinely good alternate feed lips out there. Vids I have seen all seem to give feed issues etc with non genuine. Or shall I just bite the bb and suck it up with the real deal.

Are you running everything else stock? Was looking at getting a PDI barrel and a new nub but wasn't sure if the hop window is too small/big for certain nubs

38 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Hey, so 15 months and around 12k shots in for my MWS and its time for my first repairs. Nothing major but noticed the feed lips on one of my mags are cracked. Still firing fine but it's about time I got a few spares for the tool box. I'm reluctant to use after market brands as the damn thing shoots so bloody good, I'd rather keep that marui magic but a 10er for 1 feed lip! Outrageous. Any who the Yorkshireman in me is showing now. Are there any genuinely good alternate feed lips out there. Vids I have seen all seem to give feed issues etc with non genuine. Or shall I just bite the bb and suck it up with the real deal.

Impulse101 for OG TM spares. Not sure if they're in stock at the moment, but keep an eye and get 'em while you can

30 minutes ago, acrxil said:

Are you running everything else stock? Was looking at getting a PDI barrel and a new nub but wasn't sure if the hop window is too small/big for certain nubs

Very nearly. Internally, the only changes are a SixG super nub and an RAtech NPAS simply for better hop and adjustable FPS. I dont feel like anything else needs changing. If it ain't broke, dont fix it ;)

32 minutes ago, acrxil said:

Look a couple of posts up. SixG brass nub is the gold standard, but, like @Davegolfmentions, BavTac and Jaegar are muscling in. 

I have a couple if BavTac MHN but not installed yet. I'll report back when do

8 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Impulse101 for OG TM spares. Not sure if they're in stock at the moment, but keep an eye and get 'em while you can

Thanks, there are a couple in stock at airsoft direct but it's hard to justify a 10er of the 50 quid your paying for a mag is a tiny plastic part that is essentially a consumable but hey ho. Guess it's a necessity for the reward of playing with a GBB. Still gives me big smiles each time I let off a round. 

Edited by Khyber

24 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Thanks, there are a couple in stock at airsoft direct but it's hard to justify a 10er of the 50 quid your paying for a mag is a tiny plastic part that is essentially a consumable but hey ho. Guess it's a necessity for the reward of playing with a GBB. Still gives me big smiles each time I let off a round. 

Impulse101 are out of stock, as are Rainbow8. Keep an eye though because they're a lot cheaper, service is fast, even from Japan/HK. Impulse charge 550 yen. That's a little over £3!