THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hello everybody, I'm looking to make an integrally suppressed build, something like this https://www.silencershop.com/sig-sur300-suppressed-upper.html,(I don't have that kind of budget of course), with a 9 inch outer barrel, suppressor and handguard with the ideal sizes but I do not know where to start, any ideas? Also Thank you!

Edited by reddotscope7

10 hours ago, reddotscope7 said:

Hello everybody, I'm looking to make an integrally suppressed build, something like this https://www.silencershop.com/sig-sur300-suppressed-upper.html,(I don't have that kind of budget of course), with a 9 inch outer barrel, suppressor and handguard with the ideal sizes but I do not know where to start, any ideas? Also Thank you!

I would start with selecting a hand guard and measuring the internal diameter and then working from there as that will dictate the suppressor diameter. You will also need to check the length of the hand guard vs barrel and see what overlap you need.

Edited by SSPKali

13 hours ago, reddotscope7 said:

SSPKali pretty much answered this already. I can say that if you want to use a tracer unit, this kind of build can be really effective as you can tuck the tracer into the handguard and avoid that extra 3-4 inches of length. I’ve done that with my Angrygun mcmr and acetech blaster. 3C1F4835-CFA6-4307-B3E0-0B7F79AD1F23.thumb.jpeg.41696738d6b19d7da158d1cce5a59a4a.jpeg

20DA5859-7A56-4859-B2BE-E71F44E7D1FE.jpeg

Hey guys, hope your all well, a quick question to all those who have bought the MK18 gbbr.

Are you guys finding the dreaded barrel nut easy using the correct tool? Or is it still a struggle? I have been holding off on this for a while but think it’s about time I finally made the upgrades, I have the heat gun, I just need to buy the tool whilst they’re still in stock.
I mean in the eagle6 video the guy used the long barrel tool and a heat gun, and he still struggled. Now this guy techs on people’s guns everyday. How are you guys finding the job?

Also is 6.00mm barrel diameter too tight? Don’t know wether to go 6.03 or 6.00, obviously would prefer 6.00 if it doesn’t cause issues.

30 minutes ago, Reap said:

Hey guys, hope your all well, a quick question to all those who have bought the MK18 gbbr.

Are you guys finding the dreaded barrel nut easy using the correct tool? Or is it still a struggle? I have been holding off on this for a while but think it’s about time I finally made the upgrades, I have the heat gun, I just need to buy the tool whilst they’re still in stock.
I mean in the eagle6 video the guy used the long barrel tool and a heat gun, and he still struggled. Now this guy techs on people’s guns everyday. How are you guys finding the job?

Also is 6.00mm barrel diameter too tight? Don’t know wether to go 6.03 or 6.00, obviously would prefer 6.00 if it doesn’t cause issues.

I've got the tool so will attempt it when i get the nub and hop rubber.

Saw a post from Sam at KOA, and he said use a lot of heat, and hold the rail & body while torquing so that you dont snap the gun (worse nightmare)

9 hours ago, Reap said:

me and my friend use 6.00 with BLS BBs. We have not had any problems in the 2 years we have been using them. But be aware that it can raise the joule a lot, depending on the length.

Hey guys,
I've told you before to try and use Begadi VSR5 60degrees buckings, well, I am sorry, but I have to take my words back.
They make a good airseal but its made from not good enough rubber for gbbr's on 15+ oC temperature it gets too swollen up and then it starts acting weird especially on full auto mag dumps.

IT worked well when i was playing in the summer ( 25/30 oC), but yesterday my gun started acting on me and I found out that the reason for misfires/doublefeeds and bad full auto mag dumps - was the swollen bucking.
TLDR: best to avoid Begadi VSR5 60degrees for MWS/MTR systems. 

This bucking only went through ~500 rounds

20210830_101847.jpg

20210830_101849.jpg

20210830_101852.jpg

Edited by TadsJ2

I’m looking to buy a MWS and trying to decide wether or not buy a stock gun and start buying parts or a G&P Strike Industries MWS (which looks like what I want).

This one at airsoft tiger 111hk

Does anyone have any experience of this version of the MWS? I can’t seem to find any reviews or anything. Wondering if it’s just externals or also internal upgrades in it?

thanks MWS legends!

23 minutes ago, TacticalPossum said:

I’m looking to buy a MWS and trying to decide wether or not buy a stock gun and start buying parts or a G&P Strike Industries MWS (which looks like what I want).

Does anyone have any experience of this version of the MWS? I can’t seem to find any reviews or anything. Wondering if it’s just externals or also internal upgrades in it?

thanks MWS legends!

Good grief man don’t do it. It looks like a NERF toy gun you’d buy from a toy store 😂

Personally I’d buy a stock MWS and then tart it up in a more tasteful manner. At least you know that the receivers will mesh properly with the internals. After market upper and lower receivers may not be made with the same tolerances as the Marui receivers so you may run into potential performance issues. 

Guaranteed you will not have the full MWS experience if you buy a gun with that many mods.

Get a stock one, get trades lasered or machined in if you want them, and as @AlphaBear said, just swap out externals if you want.

Do not change from the stock recievers, buffer tube or 90% of the internals.

Rails, stocks, hand guards, selectors, sights - eat your heart out.

3 hours ago, TacticalPossum said:

thanks MWS legends!

For that sort of money just buy a regular MWS, change the stock / rails / grip and get any bits you fancy Cerakoted in a suitable pimpy colour :)

Hi guys,

I’m currently trying to source another SixG brass super nub. I already own one in my first MWS and really want another for my second build I’m about to do. 

I’ve tried contacting the guy(s?) over at SixG gunsmithing but haven’t got a reply. I’ve been made aware that this isn’t their main source of income/day job and take a while to respond. It’s been almost two weeks but I simply don’t want to be inconsiderate and bug them with further emails given the circumstances stated above…

With that, I don’t suppose someone on here can help sort me out with one? Or at this point, recommend any alternatives that would be as good as the brass nub? Would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

13 hours ago, burlits said:

Hi guys,

I’m currently trying to source another SixG brass super nub. I already own one in my first MWS and really want another for my second build I’m about to do. 

I’ve tried contacting the guy(s?) over at SixG gunsmithing but haven’t got a reply. I’ve been made aware that this isn’t their main source of income/day job and take a while to respond. It’s been almost two weeks but I simply don’t want to be inconsiderate and bug them with further emails given the circumstances stated above…

With that, I don’t suppose someone on here can help sort me out with one? Or at this point, recommend any alternatives that would be as good as the brass nub? Would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

I just got a reply this morning - may be he does them in batches?

2 hours ago, Whereismyhammer said:

Hello folks.

I’m having pretty consistent bolt lock problems on all three of my mws’s. I’ve moved the stock tube back as suggested in baddabing’s video but still the problem persists. Any suggestions on parts or modifications that would make my rifles lockback more reliably. 

Check the little catch on the mag is moving smoothly. Press down the bb follower then check that the little catch at the back of the mag moves up and down smoothly. It is easy for dirt to get in there and make it sticky.

I have had some that were sluggish due to dirt and another where the corner of the mag was bent inwards half a mm and stopping it moving at all!

Ordered a mk16 rail from Hao directly, took a week to arrive from Taiwan.

Finally got the guts to open up the mws, installed a sixg brass nub and fitted the new rail (not too bad to fit, even for a complete novice with gbbrs).

Really happy with how it’s looking now.

image.jpg

11 hours ago, MalcyFett said:

Ordered a mk16 rail from Hao directly, took a week to arrive from Taiwan.

Finally got the guts to open up the mws, installed a sixg brass nub and fitted the new rail (not too bad to fit, even for a complete novice with gbbrs).

Really happy with how it’s looking now.

image.jpg

Looking good 👍🏼 My Hao rail has just been delivered after ordering it in May, so looking forward to getting it fitted. 

Did you need any barrel shims or is it a good fit?

20210903_092910.jpg

Edited by C-Diddy
Added image

7 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Looking good 👍🏼 My Hao rail has just been delivered after ordering it in May, so looking forward to getting it fitted. 

Did you need any barrel shims or is it a good fit?

20210903_092910.jpg

Went straight on. Probably about as easy as changing a ris rail would ever be.

There was a shim that came with the barrel nut (which I’d not noticed when I opened the box, and had lost, for a bit). 
Once you’ve got the gold coloured shim on, the nut screws straight on and then you slip the rail over it. Tighten the grub screws and push the two bolts in.

It was pretty easy. Worst thing for me was disassembling the mws itself, everything was threadlocked so needed a bit of welly to get it all apart.

36 minutes ago, MalcyFett said:

Went straight on. Probably about as easy as changing a ris rail would ever be.

There was a shim that came with the barrel nut (which I’d not noticed when I opened the box, and had lost, for a bit). 
Once you’ve got the gold coloured shim on, the nut screws straight on and then you slip the rail over it. Tighten the grub screws and push the two bolts in.

It was pretty easy. Worst thing for me was disassembling the mws itself, everything was threadlocked so needed a bit of welly to get it all apart.

That's good to hear. Already had my MWS apart to fit the brass nub, so I'm good to go I think.

Mine wasn't threadlocked or if it was my heavy handedness has been an advantage for a change. 

Just need some M-lok bits and bobs now. 

Hi all, I have the g&p V2 buffer but it is too tight in the stock Marui buffer tube, I don’t really wanna modify the buffer so would any other tube fit the V2 buffer? 

16 hours ago, Whereismyhammer said:

It is 

and thanks for the mag advice folks I will look into it 

If the mag corner is bent FFS don’t try and bend it back! I guarantee it will fracture 😢

Use a small file and file it flat a little at a time.

Hao MK16 rail all fitted and a piece of piss it was too. However, this gap is frickin annoying

20210903_185105.jpg