Airsoft Forums UK
Sign in to follow this  
Shizbazki

Novritsch SSG24 Rifle

Thanks for the write up. It's really good to hear what you have experienced with your new SSG.

I am now back at the start of which route do I go. Do I go SSG24 or do I go the updated ASG Ashbury?

Shizbazki, any update on the SSG24. 

I've just got some inheritance money through and was considering getting the SSG24.. any further thoughts on it from yourself?

I've watched tonnes of reviews online but they were either from people who didn't appear to have a clue what they were talking about and only bought it because its Novritsch gun and the rest were also pro YouTubers who although said they were being completely unbiased, I am highly sceptical that they didn't make a nice few $$$ from giving it a good review.

Then I read on here and a lot of the seasoned air softers whose names appear on most threads were saying its just a Mod24, which is what I was originally going to get and then treat myself to something else in addition.

JayJay, I have the SSG24 and my mate has the Modify M24 with Novritsch parts. He spent nearly £300 less on buying the gun and upgrading it to get the same overall standard.

I will say the same to you as I do everyone else regarding the SSG.

If you want a gun that fires perfectly out of the box and don't want to do any tech work, buy the SSG.

If you want a gun that fires great with a little tech work and costs less to do, but either the Mod M24 or the A&K M24 and upgrade them(A&K M24 isn't SSG compatibly- but I read a post somewhere saying I has a metal trigger box and a lot of the go to upgrades as standard and requires less money spending on it to upgrade).

Note: The SSG isn't perfect, I have had a few issues with mine and others have had different issues. It seems to work ok out of the box, and seems to start wearing the bucking very very quickly, some of the screws come undone without touching them and depending if your site uses FPS or Joules to chrono you, you will probably be affected by joule creep!

58 minutes ago, Prisce said:

If you want a gun that fires perfectly out of the box and don't want to do any tech work, buy the Silverback SRS.

Fixed it for you.

While I don't have it myself - I could never justify spending that much on a gun - a few people I trust have it and they say it's that good. SSG is not bad, it shoots OK (but sounds bad).

Sounds bad?

As in it literally sounds bad? 

On 10/21/2017 at 8:56 AM, Prisce said:

If you want a gun that fires perfectly out of the box and don't want to do any tech work, buy the SSG.

The review details feed and accuracy issues out of the box? 

That was with the Gen 1 guns, they are on Gen2-3 at the moment, 

Thread necromancy alert.!

OK Guys do I get one of these?

Cant be messing about with another 4 springs to sort out a velocity that's legal.

What's the real world working range of this rifle out of the box?

Has one ever come up for sale second hand? What do they fetch if I find I have made the worst mistake ever?

44 minutes ago, Samurai said:

80-85m on 500fps.

You are not putting me off buying a new toy!

Saw one for sale recently second hand at £700, not sure if it sold or not. The SRS seems to be getting better reviews at the moment, having not fired a SRS yet I can’t compare. My SSG was great, has developed an accuracy issue which I am in the middle of talking to Nov about.

So I'm thinking solid gun, 30m more range, proper accuracy with great residual value?

Had a go with a standard VSG10 the other day. Thought is was meh. There is one on sale at the moment with all the Nov upgrades for £450 with a pile of stuff I have n direct use for. Possibly save myself a couple hundred quid going that way over a new set up.

I know from my firearms the pleasure you get from using good kit. Torn guys, torn.

Just to let you know I've added my SSG for sale! Sorry to shamelessly plug it but hey! 

17 hours ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

Just to let you know I've added my SSG for sale! Sorry to shamelessly plug it but hey! 

6 days too late!

Mine is due to ship end of March.

4 hours ago, Countryman said:

6 days too late!

Mine is due to ship end of March.

Damn! could you cancel? I'm after £550 for £800 of stuff? (Check my listing).

My order went in on 31st for the rifle and 2 spare mags at about £500 Sterling. I expect to get hit for +\-  £100 Duty. Should arrive in April.

Yes it’s a damn pity but I’ve made the commitment now.

Its a shame. Anything goes wrong I will come back to you.