What have you just 3d printed (for airsoft)

sp00n

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I'm so jealous of all of you with printers. 🙃

He had these in the classifieds if you want one.

1 minute ago, gavinkempsell said:

He had these in the classifieds if you want one.

A printer? Wife won't let me have one of them. Ive got airsoft, pc gaming, lego and warhammer to hobby with. A printer will just be a death sentence for me. I'd have too much to print.

No... a Scar lever.

rebuilding a knackered SCAR and needed to make a couple of bits

image.thumb.png.d3b4e973e207a3fd027e650ca95397f7.png

The part below replaces the front sight.

image.thumb.png.9d40b7b24b73c8b8a4b1ca97c7029750.png

• 2 weeks later...

My son is floating the idea that we should get a 3D printer. I am not opposed to the idea but I first want to get some feedback from people who are using 3D printers for Airsoft (and other stuff). 

• How much do you have to spend to get a decent one (not the cheapest and not the most expensive one)
  • Do you need to buy CAD software separate?
  • What are the material costs?
  • What size pieces can you print with Home 3D printers.
  • Any recommendations for 3D printers.

Thanks for your feedback and advice

6 minutes ago, ParHunter said:

My son is floating the idea that we should get a 3D printer. I am not opposed to the idea but I first want to get some feedback from people who are using 3D printers for Airsoft (and other stuff). 

• How much do you have to spend to get a decent one (not the cheapest and not the most expensive one)
  • Do you need to buy CAD software separate?
  • What are the material costs?
  • What size pieces can you print with Home 3D printers.
  • Any recommendations for 3D printers.

Thanks for your feedback and advice

First decide if you pla (plastic) or sla (resin). Pla is more hardy and better for larger part whereas sla is better for smaller for detailed parts. 

Price wise you can spend £150 up to a couple of grand. I personally starting would spend no more than £300. Stick with the major brands like flashforge, creality or prusa etc. 

CAD can be expensive but you can download free CAD software or just use cults, thingiverse or something like that to download files. 

Slicers are free and should come with the printer. 

Parts size will depend on the printer but remember the bigger the print area the more money you will be paying. 

Costs personally are too much if you are only doing stuff for yourself. I use mainly resin and it can be £30-50 for a bottle of resin and it does last. 

hopefully that helps a bit 

I am currently looking at the Ender 3 V3 SE which looks quite interesting. That one would only be able to print PLA/PETG/ABS but I guess for Airsoft parts or parts around the house that is what you want.

1 hour ago, ParHunter said:

I am currently looking at the Ender 3 V3 SE which looks quite interesting. That one would only be able to print PLA/PETG/ABS but I guess for Airsoft parts or parts around the house that is what you want.

Yeah they are decent printers. For most parts absolutely fine, I prefer resin for more detailed parts but they aren’t as hardwearing and you need to wash and cure. 

So my Ender 3 v3 SE has arrived and I’ve done my first few test prints (non-airsoft related). We are now thinking of printing some airsoft related stuff. 

What material do you normally use for hand guards, rails etc (e.g. for a carbine kit). I’ve only printed PLA so far and I’ve already noticed that that will probably be too brittle (already broke a piece I’ve printed).
Do you use PETG or even ABS/ASA?
What manufacturer do you recommend for the filaments that isn’t too expensive?

Hi all. which twist top grenade design you would recommend as most reliable please? thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...