(Random) BB containers - What's your preference?

jeffery7466

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quite a random topic, I'll admit that.

So bb pellets come in bags and bottles and bottles with draining tips.

I've always preferred using sealable bags. Its so much easier to fill high cap mags and loaders. You just shove the whole thing into the bag, open the 'lid' and scoop and shovel the BBs into the it. Doesn't matter if you miss the hole, the bbs will just remain in the bag. Convenient. Quick. No mess.

Bottles are annoying because I am a retard and the bbs always go everywhere except for the mag opening.

And I've never used bottles with draining tips, but I'll imagine one will have to shimmy the bottle even more for bbs to come out.

Thoughts?

• Supporters

I don't know if you can still buy them but you used to be able to get bottles with tips, I found them annoying as they had a habit of releasing BBs really slowly if at all.

What I do is pour them from a bottle into my speedloader(the M4 mag style ones) with my thumb and index finger running along the length of both sides. Seems to work pretty well as ones that would have missed the opening bounce off your fingers into the loader.

A trick I was shown a while back is to use a small aerosol lid as a scoop when using a bag of BBs and then pinch it to create a sort of funnel. That works well but means you need to use a bag of BBs and I personally found it slower than the method I use.

When I first started I'd always planned on snipping the corner off a bag as a pourer then clipping it shut, but I ended up finding a simpler solution. Another thing I thought of was using a little funnel but you would need to carry a funnel about with you.

• Supporters

some cup or lid thing is best to use on filling hi-caps

but always use my hand at back of m4 mag to act as a human guide/funnel

reckon on 99 to 100% success rate if I'm not rushed to go back out

depends on mag's opening tbh - some are more friendly to fill up than others

its all a question of choice n preference and what works best for you....

Ultimate quick refill the night/morning before game...

big bag or sack of bb's, the mofo sack I mean, - drop mag in there and is filled in seconds

mags filled, now a big cup/measuring cup - top up a resealable 5k bag & speedloaders for mid caps

Job done - we bought a big sack of Elite Force 0.20's from LWA ages ago

they are not bad, but prefer now to use 0.25's

I just use a bottle and make a funnel with my fingers for hi-caps.

For skirmish games and on field reloading, I bought some camo bb bags that can live in a pouch and which have pourers when you rake the cap off. They also dont rattle like bottles.

I use a 1 litre lucozade bottle for both bio & non-bio bb's as one site I go to only allows bio bb's so there in seperate bottles

I also use my finger & thumb as a funnel & my other hand to guide them into the speed loader

I've got a bottle of .20 bb's with a spout on the lid but I hate it so I just remove the lid & pour them in slowly

• Supporters

yeah I found the funnels or some spouts were crap and my fingers and a bit of care worked best

had a few like 500 or 1k bottle with poxy spouts that dribble half a dozen, clog, shakey shakey, oh ffs....

might try the robinsons bottle maybe - them fruit shoot ones but will make sure they are empty & clean etc....

but my fingers or hand cupped around mags to guide the pouring works well enough most of time

nah piss in the bottle first gets rid of all the sticky residue 😀

Or piss down the barrel 😁

• Supporters

i just spill mine all over the floor.

You have been watching that master of mag filling JambWow - jeez what a clown

Today we will be using BULL$HIT bb's available on our website and you simply fill the mag like so....

Oooh f*ck..... way to go chubby - best place for them - on the floor

Truth be told I didn't find them BullDog's that bad, FireBall 0.25's jeeez that was absolute dire egg shape bb's

reckon 1 in about 6 came out a Jimmy - falling way way short & off course

Hope you wipe it up after.

Do what I do, I get my kids to pick them up 😁

You have been watching that master of mag filling JambWow - jeez what a clown

Today we will be using BULL$HIT bb's available on our website and you simply fill the mag like so....

Oooh f*ck..... way to go chubby - best place for them - on the floor

Truth be told I didn't find them BullDog's that bad, FireBall 0.25's jeeez that was absolute dire egg shape bb's

reckon 1 in about 6 came out a Jimmy - falling way way short & off course

Jambwow - the obe wan Kenobi of Jedi bull$hit

'May the farce be with you my young pisstaker'

'The farce is strong in this one'

I just use a bottle and make a funnel with my fingers for hi-caps.

For skirmish games and on field reloading, I bought some camo bb bags that can live in a pouch and which have pourers when you rake the cap off. They also dont rattle like bottles.

Exactly this for me. I don't spill any filling hi-caps, and have what looks like a flexible camo canteen that someone made and sent with a gun I bought. It has a coke bottle neck and lid glued into one corner and I was highly skeptical when it came but it works great in the field - not that I often have to refill in the field. Two hi caps tends to do me for me most games where I play...

For many years I have used bottles that previous contained ironing water...Comform Vaporeese or Tesco Ironing Water. Both of these have built-in funnels and make filling hi-cap magazines incredibly easy.

Obviously dry the bottle thoroughly first... ;)

For many years I have used bottles that previous contained ironing water...Comform Vaporeese or Tesco Ironing Water. Both of these have built-in funnels and make filling hi-cap magazines incredibly easy.

Obviously dry the bottle thoroughly first... ;)

Great tip - just seen Tesco do the 1l bottles for 80p and the funnels look pretty perfectly sized.

Interestingly if you search Tesco's website for "Ironing Water" it brings up Jack Daniels too. Seems a bit of a waste to me? :D

I use the bottles I get my Spec Savers contact lens solution in. They are flat rectangular bottles that fit perfectly into an M4 pouch. The opening is a little small (once you've pulled out the squirty nozzle) but I use the technique above of using my fingers as a funnel round the hi cap fill hole and shake the bottle around.

They do rattle around when half full and you're running, but I dampened that by wrapping black tape round them. It's still not ideal, so if you're a sneaky player then a cloth bag is the way to go.

The tactical sock: similar to what's described above. Just take the screw top of a bottle, and use a zip tie to hold a sock to it. No rattling and more syorer bbs than a gbbr user can go through in a month

I also ran into the problem of getting bbs stuck in my penis, so naturally, a tiny cocktail umbrella is the best tool for getting them back out again

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.