How do you know when the magazine is empty in guns using M4 mags?

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As with any airsoft gun you hear the difference between when there is / is not anything being fired.

Thanks, I was reading in another thread and someone mentioned the M4 bolt stop in the TM recoil shocks, and as I have only used gas guns (which generally make it obvious when there are no more BBs coming, I realised I did not know how its determined with AEGS.

I've just found a solution, the Xcortech X3300W Advanced BB Control System v2 apparently has a countdown and stop function.

I usually tell by me being the one walking back to the respawn :)

I'm surprised there's no mid-cap mags on the market that have a little LED or similar to indicate when running low or out (seen a few peoples own bespoke creations but thats it)

I just hear it. Some guns do some with a lock to stop it firing like the TM Recoil series but you can also buy a hop unit and mosfet from ASCU that does this as well, it detects the presence of a BB and if there isn't one then it will stop firing and you will have to replace the magazine and hit the mag release to get it firing again. Its a bit of work to add for obvious reasons (mag release button, mosfet installation and the hop unit). No idea if its any good of course but seen it on sale around the usual places.

G&G also has its MARs update coming soon and that will include these features as well. For now I just hear the difference, in the future I expect all this will be electronically driven.

• Supporters

No BBs are coming out of the barrel if it's empty. Where are your eyes guys when shooting? :D

I hope you are not like the bad actors who close their eyes when firing a gun. :) Actually I was amazed when I read about this. Some old time western actor trained himself not to blink when shooting.

The xcortech counts but doesn't have a stop function. You can hear quite clearly when you dry fire though.

Peeps saying it does must have been making it up - and I don't mean people speculating, I mean people declaring - this is why I said 'apparently' as I couldn't substantiate it.

That said, the manufactures own youtube channel does not agree with you. Its also mentioned in the manual.

youtube.com/watch?v=leCexUHqET0

• Supporters

Peeps saying it does must have been making it up - and I don't mean people speculating, I mean people declaring - course, thats why I said 'apparently' as I couldn't substantiate it.

That said, the manufactures own youtube channel does not agree with you.

Couldn't care less what it says I have been using one since July last year. It doesnt stop the gun firing when you reach zero the number starts flashing.

You do like to tell people who have been playing longer and have more experience than you all about how things are dont you.

Have looked everywhere for a version 2 doesnt seem to exist?

Will email xcortech to see because if there is a new version I will have to get it.

Couldn't care less what it says I have been using one since July last year. It doesnt stop the gun firing when you reach zero the number starts flashing.

You do like to tell people who have been playing longer and have more experience than you all about how things are dont you.

Have looked everywhere for a version 2 doesnt seem to exist?

Eh, I don't get your issue. I have not done what you are claiming, at no point have I "told" anyone anything.

You're the one who, has incorrectly (and in absolute terms), said (post #5) that my post above (post #3) was wrong. And now you've been found out you're being rude to me, why?

I didn't chew you out for your mistake. I supported my original statement, which at the time it was made was not substantiated.

• Supporters

Found out about what?

As I said mine doesnt and I cant seem to find anything for definite that a version 2 is out.

If it is great I will be buying one.

My issue is the way a lot of your posts come across as though you are always trying to be clever and a touch arrogant.

I have emailed xcortech to find out if a new version is available and will be a bit pissed if I have to buy one as I emailed them to point out this feature was a good idea when I first got mine.

Found out about what?

You were talking about all Xcortech X3300W Advanced BB Control Systems. Despite me only talking about the Xcortech X3300W Advanced BB Control System v2. We all make mistakes. I forgive you your unprovoked rudeness.

My issue is the way a lot of your posts come across as though you are always trying to be clever and a touch arrogant.

Always? Lol.

If you don't like something I have wrote, report it to the mods or drop me a PM. Don't just assume you're correct.

Edited by Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.