Taking some Leave, possibly leaving all together.

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's always a shame to see people deliberately move away from the sport (as opposed to the drifters).

I don't mean to presume to understand your circumstances, nor do I wish to spout off with pie in the sky notions, but have you considered moving from player to provider? Your own site?

God knows it's as easy (or not) as setting up any business, but you can make it what you want it to be and as far as I can see, good, passionate and driven folks committed to their own high standards is NOT a universal thing every site has - and gaps in the market are out there.

It might not be a money maker, but It could give you new challenges, as well as allow you to put your background to a direct use?

Best of luck though chap.

It's always a shame to see people deliberately move away from the sport (as opposed to the drifters).

I don't mean to presume to understand your circumstances, nor do I wish to spout off with pie in the sky notions, but have you considered moving from player to provider? Your own site?

God knows it's as easy (or not) as setting up any business, but you can make it what you want it to be and as far as I can see, good, passionate and driven folks committed to their own high standards is NOT a universal thing every site has - and gaps in the market are out there.

It might not be a money maker, but It could give you new challenges, as well as allow you to put your background to a direct use?

Best of luck though chap.

Yeah or could try marshalling and designing games

• Supporters

so looking back through some of the comments. I've been thinking. My main style of play is assault rifle and get stuck in there but have been thinking maybe to try a bit of sniper rifle something a little different from my usual style of play !!!!

• Supporters

I'm not set on staying or leaving yet, just thinking of something different which may be worth trying to see how it goes.

Will need to sell my tr15 before I can look at a sniper rifle but always worth a crack.

Yeah with my army past doing some sniper games would work well, I used to be on the Army's shooting team, was a pretty good marksman

The CBA happens.

I dropped out of airsoft around 2004 for lots of reasons... massive sh*t storm over the proposed VCRA, retailers ripping people off, lots of backstabbing and general nastiness online (I used to run a large airsoft forum, and got fed up with all the emails threatening to sue me over comments made) and the general lack of decent sportsmanship.

I got back into airsoft last year when I found a small CQB site near me. Professionally operated with good players.

I don't take airsoft too seriously. I have my Boomstick to make me smile, and if I feel like messing about I will use a pistol (got myself a nice, almost ridiculous WE 7 inch Dragon...).

Mix it up a bit... do what you want. Try a new site, meet new people; you'll be surprised how much that helps as well :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

People change, do what you think is best.

I think it's best I quit. I give everyone 100% and just get shat on. It's official...... I quit.

Hope AF-UK continues to grow and people continue to enjoy the sport.

Good luck peeps.

• Supporters

I think it's best I quit. I give everyone 100% and just get shat on. It's official...... I quit.

Good luck peeps.

Thats a shame but I understand where you are coming from.

If you decide to grab a game someday come down south to the mall. I will join up with you, can even give you a place to crash if you want to go for a beer afterwards. Wife would probably moan but thats normal.

I think you should try a new site. Drive right down south and play at ucap bunker. Scares the shit out of you playing in near darkness and at some games total darkness. If that doesnt make you buzz you defo know you have made a right choice to stop.

Good luck peeps.

its a shame, the community has lost a good person, good luck though in whatever you decide to do instead

• Supporters

its a shame, the community has lost a good person, good luck though in whatever you decide to do instead

Best of luck.

Thanks gents. Ill still be on the forum but not as much. I'm normally on every single day but need to take a proper break from Airsoft to see if i actually miss it or not.

• Supporters

I think you should try a new site. Drive right down south and play at ucap bunker. Scares the sh*t out of you playing in near darkness and at some games total darkness. If that doesnt make you buzz you defo know you have made a right choice to stop.

Might try that one day, i've seen YouTube video's of that place looks mint. Perfect chance to try my NVs out

Hmm you say that but when guys turn around with an led tourch on their gun nv's would blind you. Is a great site. Defo recomend to anyone. And seperates men from the boys with a full auto anywhere and 350fps limit! Me, my bro and a few other lads took an m249 at about 5/6foot to the back of the calves, stung like mad but was a great mass kill by the m249 gunner!

Im new to the sport and may have it wrong but in my experiance with other interests its always seemed that when things dull down and become mundane its genrally the atittude of others that drags you down. Take a break completly, pack all the gear away, wait till you start to itch (which you will) then go some place new and meet a new crowd that inspires you to play.

• Supporters

Hmm you say that but when guys turn around with an led tourch on their gun nv's would blind you. Is a great site. Defo recomend to anyone. And seperates men from the boys with a full auto anywhere and 350fps limit! Me, my bro and a few other lads took an m249 at about 5/6foot to the back of the calves, stung like mad but was a great mass kill by the m249 gunner!

Im new to the sport and may have it wrong but in my experiance with other interests its always seemed that when things dull down and become mundane its genrally the atittude of others that drags you down. Take a break completly, pack all the gear away, wait till you start to itch (which you will) then go some place new and meet a new crowd that inspires you to play.

It's not full eye NV's, it's only goes over one eye and i've bought it that way for that exact reason :-).

I'm going to stay on the forum as i usually would as it would be a shame not to, this is ref to my last post.

Well when the itch gets worse than a crackwhore on a come down, and you fancey a change off scene feel free to shout me up and ill meet ya down the bunker for a day of cqb extreeme! ;) be a treck but a good laugh non the less.

Hi Qlimax

I kind of pop on & off forums because too much involvement in any hobby can be oversaturation.

Last summer I had a few bad games & then some bad luck that really hit me hard financially and it almost ended my airsoft hobby, I then went to a skirmish & it was an attrocious day (poor turn out, poor games, some of the regulars were being a bit arsey with each other & there was a really bad atmsphere) I just pretty much decided to quit. I really didnt see the point of it all.

I have other hobbies that I love so have now gone back into them with more enthusiasm than before. but yet again I feel like going back to airsoft, so made a deal with myself, I will get on with my other persuits (Playing bass guitar & mountain biking) during the spring/summer months & go back to Airsoft in Autumn & Winter. for some reason because I will have a natural break between all the differant hobbies I have it feels as though skirmishing will feel new again when I go back to it.

Because I have been away from it all for almost a year now I'm actually excited to go again......I'm riding my bike almost every weekend & playing Bass most nights, I now feel like I have found a balance in my life that wasnt there before.

To me being creative is a part of me, feeling freedom & solitude is another.....then adrenline of being in a intense firefight is also a part of me. I found balance & it worked for me.....Maybe it may work for you, i'm not sure but thought I'd share my weird mind drivel with you in hopes that it could help.

I hope this makes sense lol

When My son was little I did find it hard to be away from him & if I did do anything away from home, I kind of felt guilty about leaving him & I was never that into what I was doing because of that. Now he's older I do most things with him so I kill two birds.

All I can say mate, have a break, ask yourself what makes you happy & do that. Life is too short to worry about playing soldiers with others. life is about enjoying whatever your doing, not trying to enjoy it. I know If I wasnt getting a buzz from it, I'd chuck in the towel tomorrow with no regrets & move on with my life.

Hope you get sorted mate.

All the best & good luck with your decision

Fumps

• Supporters

Hi Qlimax

I kind of pop on & off forums because too much involvement in any hobby can be oversaturation.

Last summer I had a few bad games & then some bad luck that really hit me hard financially and it almost ended my airsoft hobby, I then went to a skirmish & it was an attrocious day (poor turn out, poor games, some of the regulars were being a bit arsey with each other & there was a really bad atmsphere) I just pretty much decided to quit. I really didnt see the point of it all.

I have other hobbies that I love so have now gone back into them with more enthusiasm than before. but yet again I feel like going back to airsoft, so made a deal with myself, I will get on with my other persuits (Playing bass guitar & mountain biking) during the spring/summer months & go back to Airsoft in Autumn & Winter. for some reason because I will have a natural break between all the differant hobbies I have it feels as though skirmishing will feel new again when I go back to it.

Because I have been away from it all for almost a year now I'm actually excited to go again......I'm riding my bike almost every weekend & playing Bass most nights, I now feel like I have found a balance in my life that wasnt there before.

To me being creative is a part of me, feeling freedom & solitude is another.....then adrenline of being in a intense firefight is also a part of me. I found balance & it worked for me.....Maybe it may work for you, i'm not sure but thought I'd share my weird mind drivel with you in hopes that it could help.

I hope this makes sense lol

When My son was little I did find it hard to be away from him & if I did do anything away from home, I kind of felt guilty about leaving him & I was never that into what I was doing because of that. Now he's older I do most things with him so I kill two birds.

All I can say mate, have a break, ask yourself what makes you happy & do that. Life is too short to worry about playing soldiers with others. life is about enjoying whatever your doing, not trying to enjoy it. I know If I wasnt getting a buzz from it, I'd chuck in the towel tomorrow with no regrets & move on with my life.

Hope you get sorted mate.

All the best & good luck with your decision

Fumps

Makes perfect sense mate.

Defo right about feeling guilty, when I go for a day of airsoft I feel bad as it’s a day I could spend with my boy.

I think I’m doing to much airsoft related stuff, play the game, making Kydex holsters for people, forums, custom paint jobs for people, fixing them for people as well as my own etc etc etc.

100% taking a break to see if I miss it enough to come back and play again. I think at the moment it’s taking over my life and it needs to stop.

Mate

Then take a breather play with your boy.

Important things sometimes just feels right & when you need "you time" take it.

Life's for living mate not routine.

Keep smiling mate.

Airsofts Dalai lama Ohhmmmmmmmmmmm

Be shooty to one another!!!

Ohmmmmmmmmm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.