Suitable accessories for a G&G Cm16 raider

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just bought a G&G raider and I'm looking to get a few spares etc but I'm a little lost on what will fit or work with the gun.

I'm looking for a couple of spare mags (ideally mid cap), couple of spare battery's and due to a wrist injury a foregrip. Do I need to look for a specific make or will any M4 mag fit? And which battery would people suggest for the gun, I'm not after most power just to ensure I can use the gun for a whole day and which foregrip will fit? It has a RIS I believe, sorry for the noob questions but I've just seen a thread for a massive sale and would love to grab some bargains but not waste money

Thanks

Berto

• Supporters

i ran my raider for years on zero one's battery (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6074) and i only had one off them

any M4 mag will/should fit ... just don't get mags that are specific to one gun. i have G&G mags, d-boy mags ... and some other that i have no idea what make they are, but they work.

any 20mm ris forgrip should fit, i have a grip pod on mine (basically a foregrip with a bipod that pops out of the bottom, good for standing your gun up etc), around the £10 mark on ebay

hope this helps

Be careful with Mags... I had a pig of a time finding ones to fit. In the end it was a cheapo box of plastic ones from my local store 10 for 50 quid which I end up using... The best thing is to buy mags as recommended by another Raider user.

Grips and scopes etc are all pretty standard. I got mine from the Bay of E.. Some el cheapo grip for like 6 quid has done me very proud. There are many styles shapes and angles to choose from. they should all fit.

Again batteries are pretty standard, just get a reasonable make/supplier and you will be fine. Make sure you match the connections properly and dont get one too high for the gun. 9.6 nimh or 7.4 lipo are ideal. And obviously a battery to suit. I use component shop for all of my batteries just because their service is good and range always in stock (when I order anyway)

Be careful with Mags... I had a pig of a time finding ones to fit. In the end it was a cheapo box of plastic ones from my local store 10 for 50 quid which I end up using... The best thing is to buy mags as recommended by another Raider user.

+1 to this

I use ASG' mid caps, bought them off amazon I think, £50 for 10. Cheap and cheerful but do the job.

NTQlWc.jpg

A little tip if you do buy 10; number them or mark them some how. That way if one starts playing up during the game you just have to remember what number it is rather than trying to remember when they're all mixed up afterwards.

tdoBmx.jpg

Gonna try an angled foregrip soon as some say they are really comfy & very steady in use

(the way I shoot, I need all the help I can get)

I've always had one on mine. Not much different to holding onto the foregrip really but you can attach a flash light pad to it easier.

Cheers cheeky vimto, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

I like the idea of an angled grip but until my wrist is 100% I'm not risking it.

Do flash lights really make much of a difference btw? Or is it mostly for show?

Hi mate I've got the same gun.

First off if your playing in the dark, obviously a light will make a difference, if your playing indoors it may help but it's probably more for show and outside you'll never "need" one.

As for the mags, let me save you time and money. BUY G&G MAGS. I've bought box sets of every budget mag out there from asg/ares to the really cheap airsoft systems ones, and in a word, they're all shit.

The AS barely fed at all and would be an absolute joke at a skirmish. ASGs were better but still had feeding issues every ten rounds or so. dboys were ok but I couldn't find box sets and were more or less the Same price as g&g. just get g&g mags from land warrior, I believe they're the cheapest. At £38 for 5 midcap Pmags or £50 for metal ones.

For battery a 7.4 lipo is the way to go.

You can just about fit a nunchuck battery in there buts it's very very tight fit, and you'll have to have your stock extended at least two clicks from the reciever. So yeah lipo and G&G mags mate.

I've had my raider a while now, seriously good value for money rifles.

Cheers cheeky vimto, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

I like the idea of an angled grip but until my wrist is 100% I'm not risking it.

Do flash lights really make much of a difference btw? Or is it mostly for show?

I play indoor CQB and without a flash light I'd be lost. It's good to stay in the dark and be quiet but sometimes it's completely dark, you need a little light. Wood lands you wouldn't need it.

Those ASG ones are the same I have and no issues for me...

I heard G&G mags can be very problematic in Raiders..

Flashlights are for show. They give away positions so are useless in a fight. Only really use mine for "Dead man on the Flashlight" in really dark areas to save some sneaky fecker shooting me..

I'll not bother with a flash light then, not got a local indoor site. Might buy just one of each mag for a test then, unless some come up 2nd hand and are worth a punt. Or I could go hi cap and not worry at all, or both. Depends on how much money the wife lets me spend.

• Supporters

G&G mid caps are hit n miss at best - which they should not be for the price

some iffy or under performing mid-caps can be made to feed better - stretch spring, washed bb's, magwell tape etc.....

I would not buy G&G mid caps again, but am more of a hi-cap wind up merchant

But whatever mags you get there are a lot of crap ones out there too

I have bought a couple of boxes LWA's Dytac Bravo Hi Caps and been very pleased with them

alas they are out of stock now but best cheapy hi-cap I have come across so far

(loads of crappy hi-caps that feed 5 or 6 then wind like f*ck)

so it sounds like I can stike gold with mags or end up up a certain creek without a paddle. I think I'll try a couple of cheap ones and see how I get on.

Stick to the mag reccomendations here and you cant go wrong..

Those ASG ones are the same I have and no issues for me...

I heard G&G mags can be very problematic in Raiders..

You heard G&G mags are problematic in G&G guns? Lol

I'd go a step further mate, I've heard m4 mags are very problematic in m4s, I'd stick to ak mags in your m4

You heard G&G mags are problematic in G&G guns? Lol

I'd go a step further mate, I've heard m4 mags are very problematic in m4s, I'd stick to ak mags in your m4

Im almost certain someone on here said the G&G Mid cap M4 mags are not ideal in a Combat Raider... Was just passing on what I have read as I posted a topic on Mags for a Raider when I first got mine as my brothers M4 mags did not fit in MY M4...

So your actually right, not all M4 mags fits in all M4s... Well done Sherlock!!

Im almost certain someone on here said the G&G Mid cap M4 mags are not ideal in a Combat Raider... Was just passing on what I have read as I posted a topic on Mags for a Raider when I first got mine as my brothers M4 mags did not fit in MY M4...

So your actually right, not all M4 mags fits in all M4s... Well done Sherlock!!

oh so your source was something you think you might remember that someone may have said. Nice. That's correct Sherlock, you can get some proper cheap shit mags for m4s that don't work in m4s, like asg mags

And ASG Mags DO fit...i have a box of 10 and have used them all <_<

So something gone wrong somewhere, either my shitty ASG mags are faulty which makes them WORK (all 10, doubtful) or your Raider works in a slightly different way to mine making them NOT work....

Or you are misinformed.

But we are all here to learn!!

I find It highly implausible that I could be 'misinformed' about something that's happening several inches from my eye ball. But perhaps they're in reality, not feeding, but for some weird reason the mags were all empty when I released them, and it looks as if I'm firing some kind of white pellet and the other team were calling hits, which again it's really weird because someone told you G&G mags don't work in G&G guns so by that logic I'm, again I quote 'misinformed' about what's happening with my gun. Just out of curiosity who's misinforming me? The magazines themselves?

Edited by Monty

• Supporters

I find It highly implausible that I could be 'misinformed' about something that's happening several inches from my eye ball. But perhaps they're in reality, not feeding, but for some weird reason the mags were all empty when I released them, and it looks as if I'm firing some kind of white pellet and the other team were calling hits, which again it's really weird because someone told you G&G mags don't work in G&G guns so by that logic I'm, again I quote 'misinformed' about what's happening with my gun. Just out of curiosity who's misinforming me? The magazines themselves?

I'm on plenty of forums and I've seen many a retard post incoherent sh1t but this guy.... Damn!

Several members here have reported feeding issues using g&g midcaps in g&g guns, specifically the guns that come with a midcap as part of the package. If you have had no issues then that's great but don't assume that others are wrong just because their experience differs from yours.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.