Ares VZ58- so tempted

jeffery7466

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was sorely tempted by one of these in Patrol Base the other week, but Ares' reputation & my experience with them, along with needing proprietary magazines (Which weren't/aren't out yet) PLUS having to get it downgraded to start with put me off. :/

I'm waiting for another company to produce/clone them. Preferably one that takes AK mags and some of the same parts.

I really don't trust Ares as a brand - had more than a few friends have problems with their guns from them.

I really wish retailers would downgrade to sub 350fps before selling.

If I like a gun, I want to be able to walk away with it and be able to skirmish straight away if needed; even if this means putting the price up to cover costs.

I guess this is why I haven't bought a brand new AEG for years! XD

The issue is Ares is usually the amount of proprietry pieces that can't be upgraded and replaced and the lacklustre parts that result in poor performance overall. They break a lot and they are hard to fix.

Exactly why I left my wallet closed, despite their assurances that Ares were a good choice...seen & had too many die to trust they've improved any!

Exactly why I left my wallet closed, despite their assurances that Ares were a good choice...seen & had too many die to trust they've improved any!

They could start producing perfect guns and it would take years for the perception issue they have to turn around. All of us have such a small window onto the actual products that its impossible for us to have an accurate representation of the actual good and bad guns anyway. There isn't a functioning review system for airsoft guns, most of its sponsored videos, there is tonnes of sales but no independent review. So with users having so little experience and many reviews online being either amateurs with a few guns or paid for sales pitch its basically impossible to choose good Airsoft equipment.

So I can tell you this is the issue I have with Ares, but its based on looking at things like the internals of the Ares Tar 21 and others general impressions. The problem is I don't own an Ares, I chose the S&T precisely because of the breakdown of the parts of the Ares gun someone did in a youtube video. So here you are now in a sea of information, knowing its all basically useless because its either low quality or company sponsored trying to buy a good product and you just can't work out how to do so. Its pretty frustrating.

They could start producing perfect guns and it would take years for the perception issue they have to turn around. All of us have such a small window onto the actual products that its impossible for us to have an accurate representation of the actual good and bad guns anyway. There isn't a functioning review system for airsoft guns, most of its sponsored videos, there is tonnes of sales but no independent review. So with users having so little experience and many reviews online being either amateurs with a few guns or paid for sales pitch its basically impossible to choose good Airsoft equipment.

So I can tell you this is the issue I have with Ares, but its based on looking at things like the internals of the Ares Tar 21 and others general impressions. The problem is I don't own an Ares, I chose the S&T precisely because of the breakdown of the parts of the Ares gun someone did in a youtube video. So here you are now in a sea of information, knowing its all basically useless because its either low quality or company sponsored trying to buy a good product and you just can't work out how to do so. Its pretty frustrating.

And it's not in the best interests of the retailers to hate on products, because even if they say "lets stop stocking it" (like wolf armouries do with G&G) in certain environments that's a potential attack on the sales of retailers that continue to sell them - there's literally no reason to talk down on them when you can talk up more expensive stuff instead.

• Supporters

I wouldn't say Ares stuff fails more often than the equivalent priced G&G/CYMA/JG

The Amoeba series are fantastic, the parts ARE supported in the UK by the distributor for about a month after purchase.

Basically, If you want something you can buy and LEAVE IT WELL THE FUCK ALONE get an Amoeba/vz.58

The gearsets are really the only thing letting the gun down these days, but the only reason they ever break is user error.

The guns DO NOT take an 11.1V LiPo, this shreds the teeth off 2/3 gears consistently.

The barrels are tight, so shitty BBs WILL cause a jam, then the gears shred as a result of that.

TBH, I think of all of the Amoebas we've sold since they swapped to using the Blue MOSFET units (many, many guns) We had one back whose piston head had fallen off.

I wouldn't say Ares stuff fails more often than the equivalent priced G&G/CYMA/JG

The Amoeba series are fantastic, the parts ARE supported in the UK by the distributor for about a month after purchase.

Basically, If you want something you can buy and LEAVE IT WELL THE f*ck ALONE get an Amoeba/vz.58

The gearsets are really the only thing letting the gun down these days, but the only reason they ever break is user error.

The guns DO NOT take an 11.1V LiPo, this shreds the teeth off 2/3 gears consistently.

The barrels are tight, so sh*tty BBs WILL cause a jam, then the gears shred as a result of that.

TBH, I think of all of the Amoebas we've sold since they swapped to using the Blue MOSFET units (many, many guns) We had one back whose piston head had fallen off.

Hmmmm, I've been using 11.1v since I got the gun, and I've had no problems with it, though I am using a m110 spring. I actually found that the Amoeba is quite upgradable, and the gearset isn't too bad. I think they've come a long way. (all this in my very humble opinion)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.