General election

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just for laughs.

Nicola Sturgeon - Jimmy Krankie in disugise. Discuss.

For our younger viewers Google the Krankies - you will be very disturbed.

Hahaha

The krankies were excellent :)

• Supporters

You make out Britian is the number 1 destination for immigrants......

hmmmmmm......

just risked my life in a flimsy boat, but just about arrived in Italy, now shall I pop over to say Greece ???

Or somewhere else perhaps further with a crappier climate but lots more freebies ????

Yeah - lets pop over to Greece - not

No I am not racist - but if UK isn't #1 it must be a very very close 2nd or in the top 3

The UK has and probably will continue to reduce its outgoings in a bid to reduce its debt

This applies to all areas - some I don't agree to but all the same reductions need to be made

However - moment any mention of reducing immigrantion - racism comes to mind ???

There is a balance in everything - it is a very techy taboo subject that all countries suffer with - USA, Australia etc....

Even a "points" system will not solve it I fully understand that - but it would be a start at least

Lots of parties acknowledge and even talk about do something - but so far they have done very little/nothing

The other main parties got their ar$es kicked with the Euro Elections - yes it probably was protest vote with UKIP gaining so much ground

But now comes the time that they - the main parties are so desperate for our votes they will say anything....

Yet the 2 main parties have had their terms in office but very little has been implemented

Not just on immigration - loads of proposals could have come into effect - screw the red tape they all try to blame

Sorry but if a goverment - or really anybody wants to do something then very little would deter them if somebody really really wanted to fufill their plan

But I strongly feel the UK is on most immigrants short list, if we are making reductions everywhere else

why not immigration is what many UK citizens are wondering ?

Racist ??? - forget UK a sec - I feel we are a little way off before we carry out attacks like those seen in South Africa

I have no plans to start building any Gas Chambers but just feel perhaps we need to ease up a bit on immigration - at least for a short while perhaps

And as for any party pulling us out of Europe - bollox

it will be a vote by the people who decide if we withdraw or not - the people will decide not the parties

I would love a vote if we should stay or go - but if the vote is to stay in Europe and the UK citizens decides

I will gladly accept it and that will be that for I guess the next generation to decide should it arise in the future

I won't bitch n moan, resign from my post as leader the next day or hint I want a re-run

• Supporters

On the subject of not getting dragged into wars that don't concern us....

yes the UK has stuck its nose into quite a few conflicts that don't concern us

yes we still await the outcome on Iraq/Blair bollox until after the election....

Still if we kept our noses out of other countries - I suppose the whole Scotland Europe and who to vote for UK goverment wouldn't be an issue

We could very likely be in Europe for good - Hiltler's Europe

Couldn't agree more Sitting duck. Anytime immigration is mentioned the race card is pulled. Like I've said before no problem with controlled immigration just not the kind where we have 1/4 million people a year flooding in. If we keep up that rate for the next 50 years we will have 12.5 million more people here on this small island. I don't think we have a problem with an aging population etc everywhere I go I see people with children I'd say we are about to have a population boom of our own.

Couldn't agree more Sitting duck. Anytime immigration is mentioned the race card is pulled. Like I've said before no problem with controlled immigration just not the kind where we have 1/4 million people a year flooding in. If we keep up that rate for the next 50 years we will have 12.5 million more people here on this small island. I don't think we have a problem with an aging population etc everywhere I go I see people with children I'd say we are about to have a population boom of our own.

The problem with the ageing population is they bed block in hospitals. I know of some that have been in hospital for 3+ months while the local authority sort funding for a care home or home care. That puts more strain on the NHS than immigration. Alcohol and drug abuse puts more strain and costs more than immigration.No one here said it was racist to control immigration. I said it was xenophobic which is diffrent

Xenophobia

Dictionary definitions of xenophobia include: "deep-rooted, irrational hatred towards foreigners" (Oxford English Dictionary; OED), and "unreasonable fear or hatred of the unfamiliar" (Webster's).

Racism

The Oxford English Dictionary defines racism as the "belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races" and the expression of such prejudice,

The UK isn't over populated it's just neglected. Look how many houses are empty in Liverpool for example. You have streets and streets of empty houses that have been neglected that could have been used for social housing but nuclear weapons are more important. If care homes could get more staff because most homes are crying out for staff and councils weren't struggling to get funding for OAPs to get a bed in a care home that would relieve a lot of the burden from the NHS. Were lucky here most of us won't face being homeless or starving. The week before payday is classed as hard times for a lot of us. I've lost the point of my original argument :lol:

On the subject of not getting dragged into wars that don't concern us....

yes the UK has stuck its nose into quite a few conflicts that don't concern us

yes we still await the outcome on Iraq/Blair bollox until after the election....

Still if we kept our noses out of other countries - I suppose the whole Scotland Europe and who to vote for UK goverment wouldn't be an issue

We could very likely be in Europe for good - Hiltler's Europe

You can't say the war in Iraq or Afghanistan is the same. Nazi Germany was a genuine threat to the UK while saddam and afghan farmers were never a threat to us.

The UK isn't over populated it's just neglected. Look how many houses are empty in Liverpool for example. You have streets and streets of empty houses that have been neglected that could have been used for social housing but nuclear weapons are more important.

People are moving away from areas such as Liverpool, not into it hence the increase in empty housing. People are flocking more and more South. It is in these areas they need more housing as thats were the work is! Nuclear Weapons really will have little impact on this. Here is a money making scheme for the government. Build a load of actually affordable housing and sell it on with a small profit. Winners all round then! My dad purchased our little house for £40,000 20 years ago. Its value is now creeping towards the £150,000 mark. How is anyone in our area meant to be able to afford that as a first time buyer?

People are moving away from areas such as Liverpool, not into it hence the increase in empty housing. People are flocking more and more South. It is in these areas they need more housing as thats were the work is! Nuclear Weapons really will have little impact on this. Here is a money making scheme for the government. Build a load of actually affordable housing and sell it on with a small profit. Winners all round then! My dad purchased our little house for £40,000 20 years ago. Its value is now creeping towards the £150,000 mark. How is anyone in our area meant to be able to afford that as a first time buyer?

It depends where you live. I know where I live you can still buy houses for 40-50k. The one I'm in is only worth 90k but is in a good area. It's the deposit that stops a lot of first time buyers. I can afford 525pm rent so can afford a mortgage but I can't afford 10,000 for a deposit.

If people are desperate for housing then I'm sure they would take a house in Liverpool or Glasgow or another city that has thousands of empty homes that just need refurbished.

double post

• Supporters

You can't say the war in Iraq or Afghanistan is the same. Nazi Germany was a genuine threat to the UK while saddam and afghan farmers were never a threat to us.

No Germany was not a threat to us - it is well documented Hitler did not seek conflict with Britain as he saw similarities to Germany

Also the links from certain members of Royal family - we was at that time regarded as no threat to Germany.....

How long that may have lasted - who knows ???

Maybe if Germany had aquired most of the French fleet they may have a strong reason and fleet to cross the channel

(hence we blew the f*ck out of french fleet soon after Paris fell to Germany - no wonder the french hate us)

All wars/conflicts are a waste of lives, time & money - if the human race didn't have the selfish greed gene and its ability to $hit on people

then there would be far less conflicts - We have entered into numerous conflicts over the centuries

the more recent ones may not have been wisest decisions - but we are screwed whatever we do.......

In some conflicts the West - US, UK Europe etc.... if we don't get involved we are accused of doing nothing or turning our backs

If we do offer to support or assist we risk provoking situations or making matters worse....

Hindsight is a wonderful thing to look back and pass judgement - maybe the west should of left Saddam Gadafii & f*ck knows who else in charge

The whole middle East is a mess and very doubt if any real democracy will ever work coz they are so used to a dictatorship to keep them in line

But as we know - if there wasn't oil out there - the west really wouldn't give a f*ck about it so much

Again all about selfish greed & a sprinkle of wishing to control others - that is where a lot of wars have come from

The rest of wars over history were about religion or politics - 2 subjects that certainly ain't worth a w@nk or losing ya life over

This country/UK has made judgements - some right - some very wrong in making a stance

it is a fine difficult line to walk - but think most of the judgements were deemed to be the right decisions made at the time

Politicians are certainly not perfect - neither are the public - wish more difficult decisions were subject to a vote by UK citizens

So yeah - why not let people decide on Europe rather than being TOLD to stay in Europe

If there was a major conflict issue - hopefully they could at very least gauge if Syria was in best interest or not

Or do we do little to intervene, or do we worth with devil we know to maybe rid IS - well doubt if that will happen

but reduce IS by working with the lesser of the two evils - a tough call or bury head in sand

I do not have the answers - but I trust/hope the elected goverment to listen and CONTINUE to listen to the people who appointed them

If they are not sure - then admit that and seek advice or UK vote etc....

to me that shows they are working for the majority of UK and giving the people some power back to make decisions etc....

Obviously this is a lot harder than what I said above but you do wonder why us stupid UK lot aren't kept better informed

(then we wouldn't be so stupid maybe), but also - yeah why didn't we have a vote on the middle east

why don't we have a vote on Europe ?????

somewhere there is a workable balance but Tories are saying well yeah maybe vote on Europe

UKIP - say wtf lets vote on this sooner rather than later - why haven't we had this vote already ??

Rest of them - NO WE ARE STAYING IN EUROPE - yeah some "democracy"

I am trying to stay out this coz I understand we all have different views and I do not seek to change anybody's own views

just now n then feel the need to express my own views but do not wish to enter into any rows or long drawn out debates

very little will change - opinions or politics but do feel a vote on Europe is a good way to settle it

plus controls on immigrantion does not mean I am a member of the local KKK ffs

just makes sense we need to make cuts and reductions in all areas if we are still in the $hit a bit and want to try and get out of it

If people are desperate for housing then I'm sure they would take a house in Liverpool or Glasgow or another city that has thousands of empty homes that just need refurbished.

Why would you go to one of those cities when you work down South?

Why would you go to one of those cities when you work down South?

There are people who live in Glasgow that commute to London to work for the week,shopfitters, construction workers, my uncle who is a fabricator, even office types, I know plenty. And I know people in London who spend 3 days of their working week in Edinburgh for work. Not all jobs require you stay in one place :P

There's work to be had everywhere. The problem with our generation is they're too picky, no one gives a toss if you have a degree, people need to get over that and understand they might need to take a job cleaning toilets till something better gets along. But people don't have that taught to them by their parents anymore for the most part. Schools tell everyone, no matter what qualification it is youre working towards at that point, "this is the moint important exam of your life and will determine if you have a good job or not in future" thats exactly what I was told at GCSE and exactly what i was told at A level. Problem then is, people do well in those exams and expect that ot automatically land them in an excellent job straight away. I've worked since I was 10, on market stalls selling furniture, then did gardening for people for a good few years, then labouring, then did a stint in Mcdonalds whilst I did my A levels. For the most of that work ( all Pre Mcdonalds) I didn't have GCSE's, and the 14 A*-B's and 1 C I got wouldn't of had me paid any more, nor did they get me paid anymore in Mcdonalds. We live in a generation that's been raised with a false sense of entitlement.

Immigrants don't steal jobs, they take the one's we're too stuck up to do.

Immigrants working isn't the issue. I have no problem with people coming here paying taxes and working hard. The problem arises when there aren't enough Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, Childminders, Housing basic infrastructure etc. 250,000 extra people a year are putting the entire system under strain. Yes, the vast majority of immigrants work but we then have to deal with the extra issues surrounding them - teachers having to have 3 translators in schools because the kids don't speak English, benefit money being sent back to whatever country they have come from, healthcare migrants getting treated on the NHS for free.

Its these kind of issues that rile people. It is a basic fact that the country is full. We are full because we cannot turn people away. We cannot turn people away because of the Schengen Agreement and the EU. The only party to take a stand against the EU is UKIP. Therefore I am voting UKIP. If UKIP emphasised these points instead of labouring the immigration card I think they would garner even more support.

Immigrants working isn't the issue. I have no problem with people coming here paying taxes and working hard. The problem arises when there aren't enough Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, Childminders, Housing basic infrastructure etc. 250,000 extra people a year are putting the entire system under strain. Yes, the vast majority of immigrants work but we then have to deal with the extra issues surrounding them - teachers having to have 3 translators in schools because the kids don't speak English, benefit money being sent back to whatever country they have come from, healthcare migrants getting treated on the NHS for free.

Its these kind of issues that rile people. It is a basic fact that the country is full. We are full because we cannot turn people away. We cannot turn people away because of the Schengen Agreement and the EU. The only party to take a stand against the EU is UKIP. Therefore I am voting UKIP. If UKIP emphasised these points instead of labouring the immigration card I think they would garner even more support.

Immigrants help pay for doctors and nurses. If immigration cost the UK money then you would have a point but as we make profit from them we should encourage more young immigrants to come take our shit jobs and pay tax. I had a quick Google and it costs about 545million to build a new hospital so scrapping nukes alone could build 5 hospitals. Cutting benefits and state pensions to people who earn over a certain amount could build a few more raising tax on cigarettes could build a few more on top of that. the government need to prioritise things such as health and social care and renewable energy. I think we should re negotiate something's with Brussels such as the fishing quota and not being able to travel on photo I.D like other EU citizens.

There are people who live in Glasgow that commute to London to work for the week,shopfitters, construction workers, my uncle who is a fabricator, even office types, I know plenty. And I know people in London who spend 3 days of their working week in Edinburgh for work. Not all jobs require you stay in one place :P

There's work to be had everywhere. The problem with our generation is they're too picky, no one gives a toss if you have a degree, people need to get over that and understand they might need to take a job cleaning toilets till something better gets along. But people don't have that taught to them by their parents anymore for the most part. Schools tell everyone, no matter what qualification it is youre working towards at that point, "this is the moint important exam of your life and will determine if you have a good job or not in future" thats exactly what I was told at GCSE and exactly what i was told at A level. Problem then is, people do well in those exams and expect that ot automatically land them in an excellent job straight away. I've worked since I was 10, on market stalls selling furniture, then did gardening for people for a good few years, then labouring, then did a stint in Mcdonalds whilst I did my A levels. For the most of that work ( all Pre Mcdonalds) I didn't have GCSE's, and the 14 A*-B's and 1 C I got wouldn't of had me paid any more, nor did they get me paid anymore in Mcdonalds. We live in a generation that's been raised with a false sense of entitlement.

Immigrants don't steal jobs, they take the one's we're too stuck up to do.

I do the jobs immigrants are too stuck up to do :lol:

They should teach you working your balls off will get you a job not a school grade. I've never worked with a teenager with a good work ethic. I've had to wipe arses get slapped about and wash dead people to get where I am but some of them expect to be in charge after a 2 week course the dole sent them on. The poles I've helped train up have listened and worked hard all on top of learning a new language. No wonder they get jobs here before some of the lazy bastards that were born here.

When I used to do the Land clearance and landscaping, I had to move an entire hill, complete with tree roots and buried 1930s era water feature no one knew was there by hand with a shovel when I was 13, didn't take a break the whole day, that was a good days work :P

The education system is too focused on equipping our young people for office jobs. My secondary school was split into 3 smaller "colleges", one was for the gifted and talented, the other two were for "mainstream" students, which in itself is riduclous because that system has already been proven to cause mental health issues in children from studies conducted in America, the results also repeated themself in my school with numerous kids geting depression, attempting suicide, and even a year 8 trying to throw herself off the top of a building - I've no idea how the school managed to pressure a year 8 so much. I started prior to the new school being built and before all the mini school crap and we used to have not a care in the world.

Anyway to my point, I wanted to take construction at GCSE, I was told I would not be able to, despite it fitting in with my time table, simply for the fact I was in the gifted and talented school, thus deemed "too inteligent" for it. Vocational subjects are completely brushed aside. I think they forget we need tradesmen, farmers, and so on. Anything remotely vocational was frowned upon at my school.

The look on my teachers faces and that of the careers officer when I told them I wanted to join the Army, not as an Officer and just as an Infanteer, they were truly mortified !

I think an education reform, to make us more like Germany would be of great benefit. Trade schools and the like which they have over there. Maybe when we wouldn't have a load of unemployed degree holders with 40k debt and a chip on their shoulder about working in Maccy dees.

When I used to do the Land clearance and landscaping, I had to move an entire hill, complete with tree roots and buried 1930s era water feature no one knew was there by hand with a shovel when I was 13, didn't take a break the whole day, that was a good days work :P

The education system is too focused on equipping our young people for office jobs. My secondary school was split into 3 smaller "colleges", one was for the gifted and talented, the other two were for "mainstream" students, which in itself is riduclous because that system has already been proven to cause mental health issues in children from studies conducted in America, the results also repeated themself in my school with numerous kids geting depression, attempting suicide, and even a year 8 trying to throw herself off the top of a building - I've no idea how the school managed to pressure a year 8 so much. I started prior to the new school being built and before all the mini school crap and we used to have not a care in the world.

Anyway to my point, I wanted to take construction at GCSE, I was told I would not be able to, despite it fitting in with my time table, simply for the fact I was in the gifted and talented school, thus deemed "too inteligent" for it. Vocational subjects are completely brushed aside. I think they forget we need tradesmen, farmers, and so on. Anything remotely vocational was frowned upon at my school.

The look on my teachers faces and that of the careers officer when I told them I wanted to join the Army, not as an Officer and just as an Infanteer, they were truly mortified !

I think an education reform, to make us more like Germany would be of great benefit. Trade schools and the like which they have over there. Maybe when we wouldn't have a load of unemployed degree holders with 40k debt and a chip on their shoulder about working in Maccy dees.

Trade schools would be brilliant they should maybe try day release for school kids aswell. students doing degrees in something pointless should be told to get real aswell. Did you ever go for the army?

That is concerning I had a nightmare the other day that greens won and our sport got banned.

I've just read their manifesto. It's completely ridiculous. Maybe the people on the opinion polls haven't read it. Scraping the military and leaving nato. Legalising drugs, controlling the media the list goes on they are nuts.

I meant night. quite funny seeing as my girlfriend is an immigrant (Finland) but i never mentioned I had a problem with immigration just that we need to have more control on it.

Sleeping during the day?

You better stop that or a immigrant will steal your job and house.

Ooooops

Foot in mouth desease strikes again

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.