General election

Jambo88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

well i feel in times of serious austerity and hardship for people in the UK sending a billion pounds a month abroad probably isnt the best option, so i believe in foreign aid but not in the numbers its at now.

Yes it could quite possibly yes,im not against foreign aid as a whole just in the numbers it is at now. i wouldn't say their answer to most problems is to reduce immigration but the stance is that if we did cut down on immigration then a lot of public services wont be under as much pressure, Well i agree the younger generation is work shy, but if wages where to increase then this will help, with taking the lowest earners out of income tax which UKIP propose i believe that will help, and also british workers not being able to employ foreign workers at a stupidly low wage rate, because their wont be enough of them for all workers to employ unskilled labour at a low wage rate this will encourage an increase in wages hopefully increasing incentives for younger generations to work as the money they earn will be worth it. Hope this is answers what you where asking :)

our public services would be under pressure anyway. I'll make this short and simple. The UK makes a profit from immigrants. Also the UK stole from a lot of country's for years with its empire so we should give something back and as a tax payer I'm glad my money goes towards humanitarian aid and not just some work shy idiot that blames workers coming here for stealing jobs. It's not the immigrants fault they are better qualified and educated than someone that's in and out of jail and doesn't want to work hard.

our public services would be under pressure anyway. I'll make this short and simple. The UK makes a profit from immigrants. Also the UK stole from a lot of country's for years with its empire so we should give something back and as a tax payer I'm glad my money goes towards humanitarian aid and not just some work shy idiot that blames workers coming here for stealing jobs. It's not the immigrants fault they are better qualified and educated than someone that's in and out of jail and doesn't want to work hard.

well in UKIP they believe that britain if given half the chance could do better, yes your right the UK does make a profit of immigrants, but if we where to replace immigrants doing unskilled work with british people then the british people would be making that profit. they stole for years- 100+ years ago! we should give something back i agree just not a billion pounds a month which 90% goes on bureaucracy and corrupt governments! with a national health service which is struggling, education system stretched etc, if we sort the problems out at home first then yes i am happy for more foreign aid but right now its too much in my opinion.

they aren't better qualified its just they will work for less meaning British people are cut out of the chance for those jobs,okay let me give you an example, my parents employ a part time maintenance worker to help with jobs around the properties that they own, he is a british worker about the age of 60, he tries to work the rest of his hours for other businesses, but with the cheap labour from other parts of the EU he cant get work, he charges a reasonable price for a good job, but people who come from other countries will work for less than he charges for a worse job but as they work for cheaper he doesn't get a chance.

Im not saying that they steal all the jobs so that is the only reason for unemployment, but i feel if british workers where to be given more of a chance over foreign workers then it will help with unemployment. But you also have to remember UKIP arent anti-immigration they just want to control it, and on a year by year basis a independent body would inform a UKIP government (very unlikely i admit) on what skills and the amount of immigration we need. the current figure is around 50,000 by UKIP research but i presume it will be higher to address what we need as a country.

On the subject of humanitarian aid, if we drastically cut the amount that we donate to other countries be it in emergency goods or just financial aid, that could make the UK's image extremely poor, especially as how just a couple of centuries ago we were exploiting the world for money to line our own pockets. We should definitely give back to the world, partly because of this.

Some of these arguments against foreign aid (such as "why do we send our money to India when they have a space program" etc.) don't take into account how much it helps the needy people in other countries. Take India for example (I have family who've been and lived there so I have a fair amount of second hand experience) while there is a burgeoning middle class in India, there's still a massive gap between the poor and the rest- slums are an incredibly common occurrence there while the closest you get to them in the EU are shanty towns of immigrants in Normandy etc.

While there are still needy people in the UK, they have access to housing, benefits, free accessible schooling, the NHS (it may be going down the drain at the moment but it's still much better than healthcare in some countries) and much better pay as the minimum wage is very high compared with other countries. There are kids in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Pakistan, China and indeed in India who earn as little as 80p a day (and even less) working in sweatshops, making trainers for the West, while potentially suffering from illnesses.

As well as this, they don't even have the ability to pull themselves out of this situation as school is often inaccessible for them- and even then they would not be able to go as their meager income is all that supports them and any younger siblings.

Humanitarian aid cuts are possibly the worst thing to do at this moment in time, seeing as upwards of 2,500 people have been killed in the recent earthquakes in Nepal with potentially thousands more injured. Nearly all of these people have lost their homes, people in Nepal's capital are living in tents and probably will be for some months. £5m has been given by us so far and I believe more should be given.

I understand that a lot of the aid is given to corrupt governments and it is not distributed properly, however it's a case of controlling who gets the aid after a thorough assessment rather than cutting it completely.

well in UKIP they believe that britain if given half the chance could do better, yes your right the UK does make a profit of immigrants, but if we where to replace immigrants doing unskilled work with british people then the british people would be making that profit. they stole for years- 100+ years ago! we should give something back i agree just not a billion pounds a month which 90% goes on bureaucracy and corrupt governments! with a national health service which is struggling, education system stretched etc, if we sort the problems out at home first then yes i am happy for more foreign aid but right now its too much in my opinion.

they aren't better qualified its just they will work for less meaning British people are cut out of the chance for those jobs,okay let me give you an example, my parents employ a part time maintenance worker to help with jobs around the properties that they own, he is a british worker about the age of 60, he tries to work the rest of his hours for other businesses, but with the cheap labour from other parts of the EU he cant get work, he charges a reasonable price for a good job, but people who come from other countries will work for less than he charges for a worse job but as they work for cheaper he doesn't get a chance.

Im not saying that they steal all the jobs so that is the only reason for unemployment, but i feel if british workers where to be given more of a chance over foreign workers then it will help with unemployment. But you also have to remember UKIP arent anti-immigration they just want to control it, and on a year by year basis a independent body would inform a UKIP government (very unlikely i admit) on what skills and the amount of immigration we need. the current figure is around 50,000 by UKIP research but i presume it will be higher to address what we need as a country.

Forgein people get employed over Brits because of 1 reason work ethic. I've never worked with a forgeiner in the same position that gets paid less than me but they work harder. Hard work makes money. Moaning and sneaking off for a fag break is unproductive so a company will loose money. British people have and the example is called competition all businesses try under cut each other doesnt matter if they are polish plumbers or British. Also were not giving billions away per month it's 10-12 billion per year. We could get rid of trident and save more but no one is willing to do that apart from the SNP and greens. If UKIP come into power( no chance) what they going to do to stop immigrants flocking here before the EU referendum? Because once they're here we can't move them unless they break the law even then it will be difficult to deport them. We won't pull out of Europe overnight so really they could face 10years worth of immigration in a few months.

Forgein people get employed over Brits because of 1 reason work ethic. I've never worked with a forgeiner in the same position that gets paid less than me but they work harder. Hard work makes money. Moaning and sneaking off for a fag break is unproductive so a company will loose money. British people have and the example is called competition all businesses try under cut each other doesnt matter if they are polish plumbers or British. Also were not giving billions away per month it's 10-12 billion per year. We could get rid of trident and save more but no one is willing to do that apart from the SNP and greens. If UKIP come into power( no chance) what they going to do to stop immigrants flocking here before the EU referendum? Because once they're here we can't move them unless they break the law even then it will be difficult to deport them. We won't pull out of Europe overnight so really they could face 10years worth of immigration in a few months.

you make many points in that comment but i just want to pick up on a few, one, is that its not just work ethic its also lower pay, i never said we give billions a month i said 1 billion a month so dont twist my words, and even talking about getting rid of trident is horrible, getting rid of the one thing that prevents nuclear war, its not a good idea, to get rid of trident hence we never will.

The SNP and greens have no idea how to run an economy if we have no more austerity and we just spend more our gov borrowing will rise, which will cause the national debt to rise meaning we will have to continue to pay the 50+ billion pounds a year on interest on that debt. i would like to see the national debt eliminated meaning we dont have to pay any more massive interest payments on it. and conspiring about what would happen with immigration in the event of an EU referendum is pointless, and considering we will still have the same amount of flights, ferries and trains between here and mainland europe i dont see millions of people coming across.

The left wing wont win the election so there really isnt any point in voting for them, because if cameron even gets around 290 MP's there will easily be a deal between the torys, UKIP, the DUP and Lib Dems, easily forming a majority of 326 seats. Even if ed gets more seats the torys will form a government first so they wont get a chance to! its the current prime minister who gets a chance to form the government first unless a party gets a majority irrespective of the amount of seats another party gets as long as its under 326. I understand you are Scottish so its hard to get an unbiased right-wing view up there but take a look at what happened when the left used to be in government. economic chaos.

On the subject of humanitarian aid, if we drastically cut the amount that we donate to other countries be it in emergency goods or just financial aid, that could make the UK's image extremely poor, especially as how just a couple of centuries ago we were exploiting the world for money to line our own pockets. We should definitely give back to the world, partly because of this.

Some of these arguments against foreign aid (such as "why do we send our money to India when they have a space program" etc.) don't take into account how much it helps the needy people in other countries. Take India for example (I have family who've been and lived there so I have a fair amount of second hand experience) while there is a burgeoning middle class in India, there's still a massive gap between the poor and the rest- slums are an incredibly common occurrence there while the closest you get to them in the EU are shanty towns of immigrants in Normandy etc.

While there are still needy people in the UK, they have access to housing, benefits, free accessible schooling, the NHS (it may be going down the drain at the moment but it's still much better than healthcare in some countries) and much better pay as the minimum wage is very high compared with other countries. There are kids in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Pakistan, China and indeed in India who earn as little as 80p a day (and even less) working in sweatshops, making trainers for the West, while potentially suffering from illnesses.

As well as this, they don't even have the ability to pull themselves out of this situation as school is often inaccessible for them- and even then they would not be able to go as their meager income is all that supports them and any younger siblings.

Humanitarian aid cuts are possibly the worst thing to do at this moment in time, seeing as upwards of 2,500 people have been killed in the recent earthquakes in Nepal with potentially thousands more injured. Nearly all of these people have lost their homes, people in Nepal's capital are living in tents and probably will be for some months. £5m has been given by us so far and I believe more should be given.

I understand that a lot of the aid is given to corrupt governments and it is not distributed properly, however it's a case of controlling who gets the aid after a thorough assessment rather than cutting it completely.

i see the benefit of foreign aid but i think a smaller budget spend a lot wiser would be a lot more effective than how it is dealt with now.

I would rather see instead of us just giving money away we buy tents, hire teachers, build schools etc instead of just giving money to governments.and even buying food or farming equipment for people of less developed countries.

you make many points in that comment but i just want to pick up on a few, one, is that its not just work ethic its also lower pay, i never said we give billions a month i said 1 billion a month so dont twist my words, and even talking about getting rid of trident is horrible, getting rid of the one thing that prevents nuclear war, its not a good idea, to get rid of trident hence we never will.

The SNP and greens have no idea how to run an economy if we have no more austerity and we just spend more our gov borrowing will rise, which will cause the national debt to rise meaning we will have to continue to pay the 50+ billion pounds a year on interest on that debt. i would like to see the national debt eliminated meaning we dont have to pay any more massive interest payments on it. and conspiring about what would happen with immigration in the event of an EU referendum is pointless, and considering we will still have the same amount of flights, ferries and trains between here and mainland europe i dont see millions of people coming across.

The left wing wont win the election so there really isnt any point in voting for them, because if cameron even gets around 290 MP's there will easily be a deal between the torys, UKIP, the DUP and Lib Dems, easily forming a majority of 326 seats. Even if ed gets more seats the torys will form a government first so they wont get a chance to! its the current prime minister who gets a chance to form the government first unless a party gets a majority irrespective of the amount of seats another party gets as long as its under 326. I understand you are Scottish so its hard to get an unbiased right-wing view up there but take a look at what happened when the left used to be in government. economic chaos.

Scotland's ecconomy is better than the rest of the UK thanks to the SNP. Also how would getting rid of nuclear weapons be a disaster? Who are we going to use them on? we don't need WMD now. And if the UK ever used them I can see a lot of people here being angry it would cause chaos here. Back on to the employment subject people only pay what a job is worth. If I wanted a new bathroom fitted and 1 plumber said it will cost £5000 and the other £4750 I'm going to go for the cheaper option no matter what the nationality is I'm not xenophobic. Which you and UKIP are

Scotland's ecconomy is better than the rest of the UK thanks to the SNP. Also how would getting rid of nuclear weapons be a disaster? Who are we going to use them on? we don't need WMD now. And if the UK ever used them I can see a lot of people here being angry it would cause chaos here. Back on to the employment subject people only pay what a job is worth. If I wanted a new bathroom fitted and 1 plumber said it will cost £5000 and the other £4750 I'm going to go for the cheaper option no matter what the nationality is I'm not xenophobic. Which you and UKIP are

Okay your not understanding what im saying, the whole point of nukes is that we wont have to use them because we have them, if we get rid of them there is nothing stopping another country threatening to use them on us. and you are getting the complete wrong end of the stick as to what i am trying to say. this argument is pointless you have different view to me, if you have any questions on policy and what it explaining im happy to but i really cant be bothered to do a trident and unemployment argument with someone who has no idea what the rest of the UK is like.

Okay your not understanding what im saying, the whole point of nukes is that we wont have to use them because we have them, if we get rid of them there is nothing stopping another country threatening to use them on us. and you are getting the complete wrong end of the stick as to what i am trying to say. this argument is pointless you have different view to me, if you have any questions on policy and what it explaining im happy to but i really cant be bothered to do a trident and unemployment argument with someone who has no idea what the rest of the UK is like.

So we spend TRILLIONS on ornamental nuclear weapons yet people go to bed hungry at night in this country. Kids go hungry and that's justifiable because we could be attacked? If we're attacked with nukes we will die so would it matter if hit them back you won't know you'll be incinerated or die of radiation poisoning. I think my view on trident is more important than yours because it sits 60miles from my house. How far are they from you?

Your backing out because you can't back your argument up. A Lot like UKIP

So we spend TRILLIONS on ornamental nuclear weapons yet people go to bed hungry at night in this country. Kids go hungry and that's justifiable because we could be attacked? If we're attacked with nukes we will die so would it matter if hit them back you won't know you'll be incinerated or die of radiation poisoning. I think my view on trident is more important than yours because it sits 60miles from my house. How far are they from you?

Your backing out because you can't back your argument up. A Lot like UKIP

1 we dont spend trillions,we spend billions 2 your view on trident is your own, doesnt mean its better. 3. it means literally nothing that you live closer, we are from the same country 3. im not backing out i just feel this argument is pointless as you wont listen, i am happy to continue i just think its pointless as i was asking if anyone had any questions on UKIP policy which i am happy to discuss not a flipping trident debate which is always pointless as they will be kept (thank god) no matter what you think. as the 2 main parties have said they are keeping them no matter what.

1 we dont spend trillions,we spend billions

That's a massive amount of money we waste on an unnecessary deterrent. If the money was redistributed fairly and we invested in out own version of the USA's Strategic Defence Initiative then we would have more funds for the rest of the UK's military and other essential services, as well as being defended from ICBMs.

3. it means literally nothing that you live closer, we are from the same country

If hostilities between us and another country came to a point where nuclear missiles were launched by them, the missiles would be targeted at our nuclear missile silos as well as major population centres. If a nuclear missile were to hit a Trident silo, there could potentially be a massive secondary nuclear explosion. Jambo's right to be concerned about his proximity to one of the known Trident facilities, as his town would be well within the blast radius.

1 we dont spend trillions,we spend billions 2 your view on trident is your own, doesnt mean its better. 3. it means literally nothing that you live closer, we are from the same country 3. im not backing out i just feel this argument is pointless as you wont listen, i am happy to continue i just think its pointless as i was asking if anyone had any questions on UKIP policy which i am happy to discuss not a flipping trident debate which is always pointless as they will be kept (thank god) no matter what you think. as the 2 main parties have said they are keeping them no matter what.

We don't need nuclear weapons. Australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc..... All live without them. can I carry a gun to deter people shooting me? Trident is a important issue so why shouldn't we talk about it? Who are the 2 main parties? Labour who if they get into power will need the SNP who are anti nuclear weapons. What's UKIPs plan on social care? These unskilled migrants are often the only ones willing to work in care homes so who will take their place?

Trident is more about securing our place on the world stage within the auspices of the UN. We would wield considerably less world influence.

Oh and Scotland is better off under the SNP because the Barnett formula is broken in their favour. Per head Scotland roughly spends £12000 per person yet only raises £10000, even you can figure that out Jambo.

Don't try to reason with Jambo he is so deluded about Scotland and the policies of the SNP its pointless.

I am voting UKIP too and I am not a racist. I don't care what nationality you are - for me the issue is Europe, we need to regain control over our own borders, we need to stop pissing money down the drain within Europe and redirect it to the poor here. I actually have no problem with immigration in an ageing society but we need to put the interests of British people ahead of those arriving on these shores. Guess I am a left wing UKIPer if that makes sense LOL.

Trident is more about securing our place on the world stage within the auspices of the UN. We would wield considerably less world influence.

Oh and Scotland is better off under the SNP because the Barnett formula is broken in their favour. Per head Scotland roughly spends £12000 per person yet only raises £10000, even you can figure that out Jambo.

Don't try to reason with Jambo he is so deluded about Scotland and the policies of the SNP its pointless.

:lol:

I'm sorry I want the best for my kids. People in Scotland also paid more tax per person than the rest of the UK. Here's a little bit from the guardian

Scotland accounted for 9.3% of UK public spending between 2008-09 and 2012-13, while generating 9.5% of tax receipts - it put in more than it got out. It suggests that tax receipts are currently 14% higher in Scotland than the rest of the UK

So Scotland is short 0.2% by giving money to London. But we're not getting into this again.

If we got rid of trident and stopped sucking up America and backing them up in wars maybe we would have more influence because other countries might be more willing to do business with us. It doesn't effect Australia not having nukes.

I am voting UKIP too and I am not a racist. I don't care what nationality you are - for me the issue is Europe, we need to regain control over our own borders, we need to stop pissing money down the drain within Europe and redirect it to the poor here. I actually have no problem with immigration in an ageing society but we need to put the interests of British people ahead of those arriving on these shores. Guess I am a left wing UKIPer if that makes sense LOL.

You make out Britian is the number 1 destination for immigrants. being in the EU benefits us you could move to Italy tomorrow if you wanted. Immigration has always caused problems here because people don't like change and its immigrants that get blamed for increased crime or tents being used in hospital car parks. Everyone should be treated the same no matter what nationality.

Nope didn't say that at all. I did say I have zero problems with immigration. Why is that hard for you to understand and why do you fell it necessary to invent some extra meaning to my words? I am voting UKIP because of the power the EU has over us and the money we contribute toward it which in my view would be better served staying in the country, nothing to do with immigration.

In any event I think as a nation that we will inevitably slip further from Europe.

This is the reason:

1. The EU wants the Euro to succeed, it would cost too much for it not too.

2. In order for the Euro to succeed you need further political union. I have tried to educate you on how fiscal and monetary union are necessary for a successful economy (in your case applied to Scotland and why they couldn't keep the pound and stay independent), hopefully you understand the principle.

3. The British people will not accept any further political union and certainly won't want the Euro based on the recent few years.

4. This inevitably means that as the EU pulls closer together as a political entity we will be left on the fringes.

5. As this occurs the only sensible response is to look at our own relationship with the EU and look at renegotiation and possible withdrawl.

i think evil monkey sums up what i was going to say, i am for trident and even if the SNP does back up labour, they wont be able to get rid of nuclear missiles, no chance its what 50-60 MPs? with plaid and the greens so an extra 3 they still wont be able to overrule thhe 500+ that labour and the torys have considering they are both pro-trident.

On another note, if anyone has any actual questions on UKIP policy please ask away :-)

That's a massive amount of money we waste on an unnecessary deterrent. If the money was redistributed fairly and we invested in out own version of the USA's Strategic Defence Initiative then we would have more funds for the rest of the UK's military and other essential services, as well as being defended from ICBMs.

If hostilities between us and another country came to a point where nuclear missiles were launched by them, the missiles would be targeted at our nuclear missile silos as well as major population centres. If a nuclear missile were to hit a Trident silo, there could potentially be a massive secondary nuclear explosion. Jambo's right to be concerned about his proximity to one of the known Trident facilities, as his town would be well within the blast radius.

if if if, if we did yes im sure we would be fine, but we have trident and we dont have the USA strategic defence iniative we have trident, so we should renew it to keep it useful. yes probably, but if a nuclear missile hit a silo his town would be gone even if there where missiles there or not.

You make out Britian is the number 1 destination for immigrants. being in the EU benefits us you could move to Italy tomorrow if you wanted. Immigration has always caused problems here because people don't like change and its immigrants that get blamed for increased crime or tents being used in hospital car parks. Everyone should be treated the same no matter what nationality.

it amuses me that your an SNP supporter on a UK airsoft forums considering they want to break up the union.

it amuses me that your an SNP supporter on a UK airsoft forums considering they want to break up the union.

what?

Seriously it's came to this?

Have I missed the SNP only part of the Internet?

What amuses me is UKIP want to break away from the EU and you support that. Scotland wants to break away from the UK and you ridicule that.The only diffrence is we never wanted to stop people living and working here like UKIP.

if if if, if we did yes im sure we would be fine, but we have trident and we dont have the USA strategic defence iniative we have trident, so we should renew it to keep it useful. yes probably, but if a nuclear missile hit a silo his town would be gone even if there where missiles there or not.

Scotland wouldn't be a target without these missiles. Tell me who is going to nuke us anyway?

CES, I studied politics too. And I'm asussming we're roughly the same age, maybe I'm a smidgin older. Just because we did a 2 year course on politics doesn't make your opinion on politics anymore right that anyone elses lol.

I'm sure UKIP would be putting all of their "taboo" views on official websites and documents for the world to see lol. Dismissing any racist or homophobic views just because theyre "closeted" is ridiculous, surely that makes them all the more dangerous, as it'll be them finding their ways to into positions of power without our knowledge and thus having influence over things any sane person would want them having no influence over.

I'm sure if Hitler would have advertised his intentions for the final solution and all the other stuff he got upto in his closet, the people of Germany would have really rallied behind him eh! Wonder why it was all kept a secret. (And no to anyone moronic enough to think I'm making a direct comparison between Hitler and Nigel Farrage, I am not, and you must be an idiot.)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.