Airsoft Photography

AzzleSpazzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering what peoples views on a photographer roaming a airsoft site is?
I sometimes go to my local venue and snap some pictures (Free of charge, which explains the lack of colour grading!)

I understand people want their pictures taking, they pump all sorts of money into looking the part, upgrading and accessioning their guns, etc.
But sometimes I wonder if people think it's a waste of time? Having a guy snapping pictures in a bright high visibility jacket.
I know you can't always get to some people who might be concealed in a ghillie suit, etc.

Anyway, this is what I was wondering and I've attached some images I've taken.
If you want to see more, then please go and check out my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/MidlandsAirsoftWargamesPhotos?fref=ts

post-8444-0-06427000-1427281620_thumb.jpg

post-8444-0-96789300-1427281620_thumb.jpg

post-8444-0-36287000-1427281622_thumb.jpg

post-8444-0-53607100-1427281623_thumb.jpg

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it as the Marshall's carry cameras with them, its not really different to me using a helmet cam to record what I do

I take a camera with me to take photos of my team mates in the field & in the safe zone for our Facebook team page

i think if you dont get in peoples way, most people like it

All the marshalls I've seen have never got in the way but then who likes being shot and not shooting back lol

Guest PT247

we have a resident photographer at Dogtag Airsoft Holmbush, she does a cracking job and everyone loves the photos. There was a previous photographer who got some amazing pics but would always give your position away taking them. Our current one is very discrete and seems to have a really good eye for angles etc. Some folk get annoyed that they don't seem to get their pics taken but if they are in a ghille suit hiding in a tree the whole day then they never will! :-)

It's great having a proper photographer there but I agree it's a bit frusrating when they give your position away. I suppose it's a happy medium, if they wear camo then they'll get shot at, the hi vis singles them out but to be fair, i've had issues with Marshals doing exactly the same thing!

I use a UN armor cover and helmet for the job. Got shot less. I play as well so only take photo's on the last game using a 300mm lens so I don't need to get in close so hopefully not giving positions away. So far all feedback has been positive. Airsofters are posers, everyone likes their mug doing something 'OPERATOR' looking, I know I do

Anyone you'd give you attitude for taking pics has probably seen too many pictures of SAS guys from the 80's with their faces black-boxed out! As long as people are informed it's happening shouldn't get any hassle.

I think it's all good, and most people will appreciate action footage of them that isn't from a shaky go-pro video!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering what peoples views on a photographer roaming a airsoft site is?

I sometimes go to my local venue and snap some pictures (Free of charge, which explains the lack of colour grading!)

I understand people want their pictures taking, they pump all sorts of money into looking the part, upgrading and accessioning their guns, etc.

But sometimes I wonder if people think it's a waste of time? Having a guy snapping pictures in a bright high visibility jacket.

I know you can't always get to some people who might be concealed in a ghillie suit, etc.

Anyway, this is what I was wondering and I've attached some images I've taken.

If you want to see more, then please go and check out my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/MidlandsAirsoftWargamesPhotos?fref=ts

This is borderline necroposting, so apologies.

How do you protect your camera from stray BBs?

I do enjoy photography. Just amateur stuff though, as I don't have a DSLR.

Below is some of my 'military themed' work. Heavy Lightroom editing does hide my crappy compositions and picture quality.

post-9405-0-23727600-1430349242_thumb.jpg

post-9405-0-64878400-1430349495_thumb.jpg

post-9405-0-00355000-1430349757_thumb.jpg

Personally I think it would be good for the sport if there was more photography (and publicity) from the safe zone.

Airsoft gets a raw deal compared to things like paintball (even the mag-fed stuff).

Think about how the paintball sites (that our airsoft venues often borrow) websites differ from the airsoft part. The paintball site will be front loaded with safe zone happy love-in stuff. The airsoft website will be dominated by pictures of fat chaps dressed like a CoD hero ready to breach a room.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.