Recommended Glock 17?

Tramples

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I want to get a Glock 17 after xmas, which manufacturer to I go for?

Not heard much on KWA, WE a bit cheaper and TM reliable and don't need upgrading. Probably gonna go TM

Well overtime came through early and there was a TM Desert Eagle Hard Kick with 3 gas tight mags going on Facebook for £100 close to me......so I bought it. One word describes it.....BEAST

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a manual for it and a front sight?

Now that is very handy. Think I might have a fibre optic front post somewhere if I can bodge fit it. Bit for acrylic carving may be in order.

I realise OP has bought a DE but worth a mention is VFC do a Glock 17 with metal slide and trademarks, TM compatible internals for £99 at Firesupport, no idea what its like performance but sounds like it could be contender in the G17 market.

Hmm might try that as well if I ever manage to sell the air rifle. The deagle might be a bit of a monster to cart around all day, manage to fit it in a £10 universal holster but I've had to botch the keeper strap. Might try getting the missus to sew some bungee on there instead.

Be careful about the retaining strap not holding the pistol securely in the holster, this is especially the case with heavy long barrelled pistols, since they will often not sit very deep in the holster, meaning all the weight is up near the grip. That's asking for the thing to fall out if the retaining strap is not good and snug and you are running about. I managed to completely break a brand new GBB 1911 pistol (which I'd literally only fired three shots from) by doing that exact same thing; the pistol took a swan dive out of my holster and the beavertail safety broke free, spilling the trigger spring et all out, most of which was never to be seen again, rendering the pistol useless without buying a crapload of spare parts.

I don't run anywhere if it can be helped, i'll just stand around looking cool ;-), handily the barrel sticks out the bottom of the holster and it certainly isn't quick draw as it's so tight. I expect it may loosen with use and by then I might have found a proper one.

I can confirm that these holsters can hold and have a good positive retention, even on a desert eagle, allows you to get one holster for all your pistols.

http://www.uktactical.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=universal+pistol&SearchTerm_Vldt=%0D%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%5Breq%5D%5Blen%3D3%5D%5Bblankalert%3DPlease+enter+something+to+search+for%21%5D%0D%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09

the only pistol that it doesn't fit (that I've tried) is the MK23

• Supporters

yes/no. It's just as reliable as the G17 but with full auto, most people I know who have bought an 18 have used it almost exclusively on semi auto. If you're in a position where you're using a pistol you're either indoors (no auto usually), or low on ammo (also, no auto) so the giggle switch is really just for shits & giggles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.