What to buy next?

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right i have recently purchased a mask, viper rig,camo clothes and ordered a primary gun and soon to get a sight and sling. My birthday is coming up and i would like to get something airsoft related , but i can not think what? Would the next thing to buy be a pistol ? any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

what type of pistol are you looking for. Even though they are kind of pointless the gbb kick will put a smile on your face, until you can't aim properly and realise you shouldn't have put your rifle down. But they are still great fun. What price range are you looking at as well?

what type of pistol are you looking for. Even though they are kind of pointless the gbb kick will put a smile on your face, until you can't aim properly and realise you shouldn't have put your rifle down. But they are still great fun. What price range are you looking at as well?

i dont know but as it is mostly just for looks, a realistic gas blowback full metal at about £100- £120

any recamendations?

well I will say full metal isn't always as good as it sounds. It will be a hard gun to run in the cold in most cases, and they won't be as good as a TM series plastic version. However if you just want weight and don't care if it can shoot as good as an AEG (TM can) then go for maybe a WE g17, make sure its the latest gen?

TM maybe plastic and quite light but are very good quality, and one out of their range is fine although with the 5-7 and glock 17 you will probably want to use 144a as the slide will break with green gas / propane over time due to it being plastic, however with 144a it should last for years without a problem. I recommend the 5-7 due to the kick etc, a few people have them on here and they all seem to say extremely good things about it

An oxymoron. TM make plastic pistols, but let me tell you: they are absolutely killer. The 5-7 for example is an absolute monster, feels like the real deal, as the real one is polymer, accurate and kicks hard. Very reliable also. I wouldn't deter you, but even for all its merits, I'd spend it on mags, a good red dot+foregrip, and boots. Long term investment that'll be wayyy more useful and let you play more effectively and enjoy it more, pistols are great, but only as a part of a well-stocked rig.

well if you are willing to buy a metal slide you could get a full metal tm hicapa for £200 on elite shooting centre, but I recommend you not to do that and just stick to standard because those pistols are only meant for IPSC and not skirmishing. but suicide barrel roll has it all correct

Sounds to me like you need to reconsider your load carrying. Multiple midcap mags tend to be a better idea than high caps and using midcaps you will need to carry more than 3 mags. If you are also having issues carrying spare bb's then it is clear that your vest isn't up to the job. Adding a side arm is not going to make things any easier. You should consider getting something more customisable such as a molle vest/chest rig or similar, alternatively webbing. Think about what you may want to carry in the future and make sure you are able to add the pouches you want.

how many battery's do you have? if its only the one then buy a spare nothing worse than your battery going dead halfway through the day and not having a spare to use, then maybe a few small upgrades like a tight bore barrel or even a decent sling.

a defo would be the midcaps unless your more of a spray and pray kinda player in which case stick to the high caps as 3 mags that hold 300 rounds each would serve you better than 3 mags that hold 120rounds each.

Few suggestions: Spare mags, Helmet, Helmet Accessories, Tac Light, PEQ Box, Spare Battery, Battery Charger, Knife, Grenades or Smoke Bombs, Laser, Knee or Elbow Pads, Gloves, Velcro Name Tags/Zap Tags/Unit Badges, Keffiyah, Good Boots, Rifle Bag, Holster/Pistol (note that GBB pistols are fairly crap outside right now in this weather).

• Supporters

Sounds to me like people need to stop telling the guy that everything he's already bought is wrong and that he has to go spend money on slightly different versions of stuff he's already got.

I see this time and again here and elsewhere. Someone says they already bought a vest and a primary with hi-caps so what does everyone say he needs next? A different load carrying system and mid caps. FFS.

• Supporters

If i were you, the next thing i would buy would probably be a vertical foregrip*, but the person who said good boots are a very good investment is spot on imo. Knee pads are also very useful, less so but not to be ignored are elbow pads. How happy are you with your eyepro? I have a lot of options, most of which are good for specific purposes, none of which are perfect for any game, but having plenty of options allows me to choose the best couple for any given day.

*Assuming your gun can accept one.

And +1 to spare battery also.

A hydration bladder and backpack/pouch is great also - being able to sip without having to mess with a canteen is quicker and less involved, so you tend to stay more hydrated, which improves performance. I would say that 3L is too much - really a 1L bladder is enough, but for some reason finding pouches for them or 1.5L isn't easy and they tend to be more expensive, so a 2L and just don't fill it so much is probably the best way to go. Don't imagine that you need to spend loads for a name like Camelbak, etc - the cheap Chinese ones are just as good and even if you get one with a simple bite valve, if you want the extra functionality of a removeable valve plus tap (so that you can decant water from your bladder into a cup say), you can get them for about £8 as an add on.

Maybe consider things like gel insoles for your boots and/or thousand mile socks (although i prefer Marks & Spencer thin 'gents' ankle socks against my skin, with a pair of thicker walking socks as the outer layer - which gives the same double layer as thousand mile socks for blister protection); maybe Sealskins socks if your boots are comfy but not completely waterproof.

Do you have gloves which fulfil your needs? Can you feel everything you need to through the fingertips? Are they tough enough to protect your hands when crawling through bushes etc? How warm are they? I have more glove options than i have boots...

If I were you i would not buy a pistol yet - they are a laugh but very little use, unless CQB is your preferred venue. Better to practice with your primary and get good at quick mag changes, transitions to your off hand side (for the times when you need to lean around cover to get at a target), plus the all important muzzle awareness (whenever your finger is on the trigger, you should be looking through/over the sights and keep from pointing it at friendlies) and accuracy.

Sounds to me like people need to stop telling the guy that everything he's already bought is wrong and that he has to go spend money on slightly different versions of stuff he's already got.

I see this time and again here and elsewhere. Someone says they already bought a vest and a primary with hi-caps so what does everyone say he needs next? A different load carrying system and mid caps. FFS.

True, if the OP likes his vest and hicaps then there is nothing wrong with that. In another thread he does however mention that he has problems carrying spare bb's. If you add a sidearm into the equation, then theres a holster and pistol mags to carry. Reconsidering your load carrying, doesn't have to mean throwing what you have out. It may be that adding a molle belt or drop leg panel might work.

Maybe a small backpack? Something small that can hold a camelback, spare bb's etc. Leave it in the safe zone for shorter games, carry it with you for longer games. My experience with ww2 airsoft is a bit different, but I carry a small backpack at most games and tend to leave it at the respawn point a lot of the time. When I get shot, I can then reload at the respawn, grab a drink and a snack etc.

• Supporters

I get what you're saying there Russell and yes your suggestion of a backpack or a drop leg is useful.

We've all made the mistake of getting something because it looks OK and is cheap only to discover it was a useless waste of money but I don't think it's fair for people to jump in straight off (not saying you were I'm speaking generally now) and tell that person that their mags are wrong or they should have bought X/Y/Z type of vest etc. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I wish more people would ask for the advice BEFORE they commit their funds (if nothing else I'm sure there's plenty of us with old kit to pass on).

Also - some of the replies here would point to people just not reading the original post.

If you need some extra load carrying, why not consider some kind of battle belt and some addition molle pouches/holster?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.