Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Screenshot would help if possible.

it's back again, but basically if i click that box it says "loading" then goes to my profile page.

edit- now it's gone again:

01M0xD6.png

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Running an adblocker?

thought it might be the cause, so i have it disabled on here now, still having the same issue.

seems i click the "whats on your mind" box, it links me to my profile page, and when i return to the forums the box is gone until i leave for a while

• Supporters
1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Really quite strange. Can't replicate here at all I'm afraid :S

hmmm, i'll have a go with a different browser tomorrow, might be opera being weird, although it's normally very good.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

can anyone here recommend a suppressor for a Valken Battle Machine M?

If it's the one with the funky keymod rail you will be limited by whatever will fit inside the front end. Best measure that first.

6 hours ago, Lozart said:

If it's the one with the funky keymod rail you will be limited by whatever will fit inside the front end. Best measure that first.

yeah this is the thing, I might be stuck with that unless I can get some sort of muzzle extender to fit one one? if that even exists 😂

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

yeah this is the thing, I might be stuck with that unless I can get some sort of muzzle extender to fit one one? if that even exists 😂

You can get a barrel extension that would put the suppressor out the front fairly easily.

14 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

How long can you leave BBs loaded in a gas pistol mag without causing a problem?

Leaving BB's in any spring magazine (AEG mid caps and of course pistol mags) for a day or two will have very little impact.
However if you leave them full and the spring compressed for say weeks, they will likely compress permanently and lose strength to push out some of the last bb's.

If you're asking because you have done this, fill the mag to full and fire the bb's out and see if you can finish all the bb's in the mag.
 If you haven't done this, I would recommend that you don't :)

But again some mags may not be used for the whole game day so most usually have around 8 hours compressed and will work fine for months to come (will eventually have an effect but takes a long time).

They can be stretched if this happens, or replaced for very cheap.

2 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

Leaving BB's in any spring magazine (AEG mid caps and of course pistol mags) for a day or two will have very little impact.
However if you leave them full and the spring compressed for say weeks, they will likely compress permanently and lose strength to push out some of the last bb's.

If you're asking because you have done this, fill the mag to full and fire the bb's out and see if you can finish all the bb's in the mag.
 If you haven't done this, I would recommend that you don't :)

But again some mags may not be used for the whole game day so most usually have around 8 hours compressed and will work fine for months to come (will eventually have an effect but takes a long time).

They can be stretched if this happens, or replaced for very cheap.

I filled my mags to play on Sunday just gone, but didn't get to play.
So, as I'm playing this Sunday, I'm wondering whether I should empty them now, or just leave em til Sunday...

3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I filled my mags to play on Sunday just gone, but didn't get to play.
So, as I'm playing this Sunday, I'm wondering whether I should empty them now, or just leave em til Sunday...

I mean.. I don't want to be rude by being sarcastic but it takes 2 seconds to fill them and empty them..
Pistol mag springs are rather thin, so the sprung metal will be more susceptible to compression issues, I would empty them if I were you, and also ask why you filled them up before you went?
I don't want to shout wrong info or say I know for sure, but when I started out 5 years ago I was told it's illegal to travel with a loaded airsoft magazines.

Again cannot remember but just empty dude :P saves less issues.

6 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

and also ask why you filled them up before you went?

Time. I have three kids and can get mags loaded and so on whilst still looking after em, waiting for wife.
I'm never able to get to a skirmish for the start time, so having everything ready to go saves playing time lost when I get there.

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

Time. I have three kids and can get mags loaded and so on whilst still looking after em, waiting for wife.
I'm never able to get to a skirmish for the start time, so having everything ready to go saves playing time lost when I get there.

Fair one mate, but I would reload when Sunday comes around instead of waiting.

Dynatex timed BFG - Is it just me, or are the pins shite?
Have used it twice. Each time the pin was very difficult to get in. On the third time, it bent pretty much in half.
Can anyone recommend a decent pin that's compatible , but won't break so easily please?