The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fixed it!!!! new part from japan arrived yesterday so my scar is alive again :)

I need one fo these for my SCAR. I am lucky as mine still hold the stock in place just cant fold it in!

Also think i have fixed my safety on the SR.

Yeah she is fixed!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Played for 2.5 hours last night and realised (at the worst poss moment) that the lower seal had gone on one of my glock mags.

So that's 2 mags not working now! 1 seal gone and one with broken feed lip.

Decided to try and take one apart to see what needs to be done to replace the seal. Then realised I could just swap the feed lips over and have 1 fixed mag and one broken one!

yay me for trying to fix my own kit!!

VSR hop rubber air seal is basically F*cked. Had it chrono'd oh a whim when I noticed the firing sound was varying ever so slightly. FPS is ranging fro 280-300,very very bad. Otherwise,accuracy and range are spot on,thankfully. I think it'll survive OP Hammerfall.

Think I'll just get a TM Rubber to replace. Cheap and cheerful. I have no money even for a lonex one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

VSR hop rubber air seal is basically F*cked. Had it chrono'd oh a whim when I noticed the firing sound was varying ever so slightly. FPS is ranging fro 280-300,very very bad. Otherwise,accuracy and range are spot on,thankfully. I think it'll survive OP Hammerfall.

Think I'll just get a TM Rubber to replace. Cheap and cheerful. I have no money even for a lonex one.

Weird. I would have expected a fvcked hop rubber to cause more problems than that!

Onto my own misfortunes: last weekend I lost the spring that keeps my AKS-74U handguard from rattling, which is not exactly broken but it is a real bummer - it happened because I was carrying Phatima folded, single point stylee, over 1 shoulder as backup for my SVD: it's not a good solution but it's the best i've got until I can get a Vz61 Skorpion (yes I've decided :lol: ) - I'm thinking that cutting down a knackered main spring may do the trick, but I need to find a way to keep it in place - massive wodge of glue might be the best I can come up with... I should get a hot glue gun.

I also managed to lose the springy steel thingy that holds the legs of my SVD bipod together for easy carrying:

SVD_bipod.jpg

I heard it happen but could I find it on the field? Could I fvck! So if anyone has any ideas on what else I can use instead, I'd be grateful, because I'm stumped.

• Supporters

Well I haven't broken anything, but my sr25 has an annoying "bb curve to the right" thing >.< (first skirmish out of the box) which I didn't notice until today due to me only having a short range at home.

• Supporters

Muahahaha! *strokes pussy*

• Supporters

Sorry, what?!?!

You 'eard! I'm sat here laughing evilly whilst stroking pussy...

• Supporters

Well I haven't broken anything, but my sr25 has an annoying "bb curve to the right" thing >.< (first skirmish out of the box) which I didn't notice until today due to me only having a short range at home.

fixed, found the hop/barrel slightly misaligned/twisted :angry: resulting in the curve ... now i need to wait a few weeks before i can test again (due to work)

• Supporters

The switch assembly on my AKS-74U has given up the ghost. I only intended to try out the Systema barrel I have for it, but the bottom wire came off - it was the terminal that broke but I thought i'd be able to fix it with a bit of creative soldering. So then I decided that now was the perfect time to get round to fitting the MOSFET I had lurking...

Yeah, well several problems getting the fire selector plate to move properly and more with the knackered switch bits later and the poxy thing began to occasionally burst into full auto fire without me pulling the fvcking trigger. It's the way the metal contact on the selector plate connects to the terminals on the side of the switch, the bodge soldering job, and a short circuit somewhere amongst that lot, but it's too fvcked to take two 16 AWG wires on one terminal so fixing it is a no go...

£18.50 from Fire Support - I'm not happy. I only bought from them because they may get it to me by the weekend, whereas if I ordered it from Spain for €14 posted, maybe it wouldn't... but maybe it would too. I officially have the arse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Well I did get Phatima (my AKS-74U) working with her new switch and MOSFET and very nicely too... for all of Saturday @Skirmish CQB and most of yesterday @their woodlands :( But she's failed again :'( Sounds like the gearbox is jammed, but it could be the MOSFET failing to open properly.

I'm soooooooo pissed off - she's looking uber since I decided to enhance the already extensive wear & tear to the level of 'trusty veteran of many operations'. She was also a real joy to use. The APS tactical mag catch / trigger guard, despite costing about 1/3 the price of the King Arms et al., makes removing empties noticeably smoother: there's no need for the concentration I had to apply to use my trigger finger to reach past the trigger guard to drop a mag, it's just a slight press down now :):D The Systema 6.04mm inner barrel provides less FPS, and thus a slight range drop, say 5-6m, but it is more accurate than the 6.02mm TBB I had in there. The MOSFET has/had improved the trigger response quite a bit and also taken the ROF up a little. She was feeling like a really well set up AEG...

Damn & Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr V^^V

Weird. I would have expected a fvcked hop rubber to cause more problems than that!

Onto my own misfortunes: last weekend I lost the spring that keeps my AKS-74U handguard from rattling, which is not exactly broken but it is a real bummer - it happened because I was carrying Phatima folded, single point stylee, over 1 shoulder as backup for my SVD: it's not a good solution but it's the best i've got until I can get a Vz61 Skorpion (yes I've decided :lol: ) - I'm thinking that cutting down a knackered main spring may do the trick, but I need to find a way to keep it in place - massive wodge of glue might be the best I can come up with... I should get a hot glue gun.

I also managed to lose the springy steel thingy that holds the legs of my SVD bipod together for easy carrying:

SVD_bipod.jpg

I heard it happen but could I find it on the field? Could I fvck! So if anyone has any ideas on what else I can use instead, I'd be grateful, because I'm stumped.

Velcro strap? piece of string? Glue on a couple of magnets? Hook made out of coathanger wire?

• Supporters

Yeah, it needs to be 'quick deploy' so nothing fiddly; it needs to be easy clean because it will get dragged through more dirt than average for my loadout; coat hanger wire might do it though.

I found a piece of steel in the street, which I think is a very large paper clamp, for architects' lay out tables etc., so I've Krylon'd it black and hung it from the handguard with bootlace - it clamps exactly round the handguard when not in use or keeps the bipod legs together. It's more of a ball ache than a clip attached to a bipod leg though, so yeah, coat hanger wire will be worth an experiment or three.

Dammit and I almost added paperclip to the list! So I get half points for piece of string and coathanger wire? Its close enough to Paperclip and shoelace. :D :D

I used to work as a projectionist, when you need to fix complicated machinery with lots of angry people waiting, you quickly learn that coathanger wire, string and elastic bands will always fix anything :)

• Supporters

bought 3 new d-boys sr25 mags, found they just didnt lock home, filed out the location slot on each mag ....... they fit ..... but they dont feed :angry::angry::angry::angry: the mags can sit/move slightly back on the hop, and then they dont feed :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...

not quite broke, but i was cleaning my pistol and loosened the tiny hop screw in in and when i went to put the barrel cleaning rod into it the screw fell out and i cant find it anywhere... so now likely the hop wont work at all... any ideas on where to order one or what its called?

Archived