Well-known airsoft team banned from ALL US Milsim sites

Dan's Ark
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/green-mountain-rangers-banned-major-event-organizers

According to comments on AI's Facebook page, this well known US airsoft team were caught cheating multiple times by a veteran on a Memorial Day event, then proceeded to show utter disrespect towards him. I just wanted your opinions on this.

EDIT: I couldn't give a damn on how much you hate someone, you never EVER disrespect someone who is a veteran of REAL combat.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

They were not cheating they just didn't want to do what the Col told them to do when they were stacking on unused Empty building's.

Although when Mcknight went to confront them all in the campsite they legged it away in the Vehicle's!

• Supporters

All the larger more publicized teams turn out to be bell-ends. Good on the event organizers for getting rid of them.

Reminds me of 'rainbow airsoft'. I don't watch much airsoft stuff on YouTube because of this kind of thing, seems they let there reputation go to their heads, thinking they're above the rules.

Not heard of these guys before so just did a bit of reading up on them. Apparantly they told the real Danny Mcknight (the real life guy who was portrayed in the BHD movie) to F off. That's unacceptable and frankly they deserve everything coming to them. Bunch of pricks.

Oh god, Green Mountain Rangers. Never liked them tbh. I remember reading an article when they got permanently banned from a mil-sim event because they were doing stuff like rappelling down buildings and breaking windows so they could have "a better line of sight". Their excuse was that they were trying to be more "military-like" but they seem to forget that it's not real and just a game. It was also darn right dangerous.

But they feel that they can get away from these things because "they're the best" blah blah blah.

I remember Rainbow Airsoft aswell. I quite liked them but they were too serious. They also showed off about how good they were (like M_P said, they let their rep go to their heads). I think Rainbow broke up though because they all fell out with each other. One of the guys called "Ranger" said he was ex-special forces, but it turned out that he wasn't.

Some people are just sad :(

• Supporters

Utter ass-hats.

I saw a video of them 'room clearing' the other week on the youtubes and I couldn't help but feel they were 'all the gear, no idea'

Infact, A thought has just occured to me:

Those who use less gear enjoy the act of firing BBs at each other more than those with more gear.

IE

newbie hire player, no gear. It's unique for them to be able to feel like they're in a video game/in a film etc. They don't care if it's a G36 M4 or AK, they just like going 'pew' and hitting things.

Vs

blackhawk/5.11 ect EVERYTHING with a systema and RS eotech and surefire on it. They just want to ponce around being better than everyone else (almost every single time)

Which of those 2 people is enjoying themselves more and getting less wound up on small things? The hire.

anyways, back on topic. They claim to be 'the best' but watching videos if they want to take a building, they just fill the place with over 9000 guys untill everntually the 3 defenders are dead. No skill, no tactics, just fill the room with dead players (or players who apparently should be dead but refuse to play fair)

They sound like the kind of guys who aim at you, miss by miles, and then storm off shouting and declare you didn't take your hit.

You ask them why they think they shot you and they say something along the lines of "I never miss what I am aiming at."

Kind of annoying if you are trying to enjoy the game and get called a cheat but meh, every sport has them.

I haven't heard much about these GMR guys but this is totally opposite to the way I would expect a 'professional' team to act. Sure, they are among the best in the world, but there's a time in every successful singer, actor or celebrities' career in which the fame and power goes to their heads. As for breaking windows? I'm fairly certain that'd be illegal in the US without any permission.

Some way for 'professionals' to behave...

I've been blocked from their youtube page because I told someone that they were banned from milsim sites.

jackie-chan-meme.jpg?w=519

wow a new level of douchebaggery has been achieved

All the larger more publicized teams turn out to be bell-ends. Good on the event organizers for getting rid of them.

Reminds me of 'rainbow airsoft'. I don't watch much airsoft stuff on YouTube because of this kind of thing, seems they let there reputation go to their heads, thinking they're above the rules.

Not heard of these guys before so just did a bit of reading up on them. Apparantly they told the real Danny Mcknight (the real life guy who was portrayed in the BHD movie) to F off. That's unacceptable and frankly they deserve everything coming to them. Bunch of pricks.

What, the guy Tom Sizemore portrayed? As if they swore at him! Wha-I can't even think of words to describe my disbelief............

If anyone wants some entertainment, look up GMR's official Facebook page. It seems like they've practically pissed off most of the western airsoft community.

I mean, Id give them kudos for realism. but I just watched one of their videos and the amount of stupid shit they do. Would give the Health & safety office a heart attack. The extra mile they go in games could very well put the game at risk if they were to injure them selfs because they were going in off limit areas.

Jumping rooftop to rooftop

Climbing fences with massive spikes in them (a lot of people get those up their arse every year for doing the same dumb shit)

Smashing windows (I mean really, massive open fucking door, and they smash the window next to it looking down the same hallway)

forcing open sealed roof access points

and the amount of hits I saw several of their dudes take and not call (one instance where the guy runs around a corner shooting several guys, while they all open up on him. Not a single hit was called from GMR) and just get all aggressive when others catch their bullshit. (Im sure alot of guys would happily punch the dicks)

If I wanted a realistic airsoft experience, I do a day with Stirling Airsoft. where the point is realism. But In a general mil sim game, tactics and all that still are good. But at lest follow the damn rules and use comon sense.

have to laugh at last sentence on first paragraph (quote) '' and of course for there loadouts which many geardoes admire'' hmmmm funny that as the guy on far right of picture (one by himself ) has clearly got a pair of nike trainers on as you can see the swoosh on his cocked left foot

• Supporters

I expect this is more about the history of doing stupid things and being arrogant when confronted about them than anything else. The straw that broke the camel's back, which probably could have been pretty much any infraction. I hope so anyway because being banned from all events for telling someone to fcuk off seems pretty harsh to me, I don't care who it is.

Personally I once told the douche of Edinburgh's equerry to fcuk off and die, and I would have said the same thing to the douche himself, his wife, the PM, the pope, mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Mohandas Ghandi, Johnson Beharry, Barak Obama, Wyclef Jean, Jesus, Paul McCartney, you, your mum, my mum, in fact anybody who told me that after being invited to a slap up meal, to which I had to travel 50-ish miles, as a thank you to a bunch of us for volunteer work with troubled teens, we would have to stand waiting in a hallway for about half an hour to an hour until the douche was ready and (this was the clincher) it was possible that our food may not be hot, which wasn't the fault of the kitchen staff, but we understood didn't we...? No, "we" fcuking didn't!

I expect this is more about the history of doing stupid things and being arrogant when confronted about them than anything else. The straw that broke the camel's back, which probably could have been pretty much any infraction. I hope so anyway because being banned from all events for telling someone to fcuk off seems pretty harsh to me, I don't care who it is.

Personally I once told the douche of Edinburgh's equerry to fcuk off and die, and I would have said the same thing to the douche himself, his wife, the PM, the pope, mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Mohandas Ghandi, Johnson Beharry, Barak Obama, Wyclef Jean, Jesus, Paul McCartney, you, your mum, my mum, in fact anybody who told me that after being invited to a slap up meal, to which I had to travel 50-ish miles, as a thank you to a bunch of us for volunteer work with troubled teens, we would have to stand waiting in a hallway for about half an hour to an hour until the douche was ready and (this was the clincher) it was possible that our food may not be hot, which wasn't the fault of the kitchen staff, but we understood didn't we...? No, "we" fcuking didn't!

Bloody hell Ian, feels like you've been waiting to get that of your chest for some time ;-)

• Supporters

TBH I'd completely forgotten it until I thought about telling people whom we are supposed to respect to fcuk off. But yeah, I am still pissed off, no doubt about it!

Kinda different here though Ian, McKnight was confronting them because they were doing what they do best (Which is act like total loons destroying stuff and stacking up on random buildings), and this was at an event supposed to be honouring and supporting veterans.............

• Supporters

Kinda different here though Ian, McKnight was confronting them because they were doing what they do best (Which is act like total loons destroying stuff and stacking up on random buildings), and this was at an event supposed to be honouring and supporting veterans.............

I guess they won't be needing their pile of Systemas.

• Supporters

Yeah Dan, it may well have been different. I know i feel that what was being asked of me was not only unreasonable but that it was bloody cheeky to even ask and the bloke's attitude started entitled and aloof and quickly became patronising, so there really was never going to be any other outcome.

The thing is, we know that GMR have busted stuff and behaved in a way which could be dangerous, but we have not heard that anyone was injured, that anyone imitated them and made the risk worse, etc. We know that McKnight is an effective leader of soldiers whose command philosophy appears to centre around respect for US military personel, but we don't know how abrasive he is in person or what his attitude to civilians all geared up imitating US soldiers is. We also don't know what negotiations have gone on behind the scenes between this famous team and event promoters, but it's a fact that 'celebrity' is a source of free publicity for products/services/events which are linked to a well known name and contoversy generates media columnage...

For all we know GMR may have felt that they were in the right and McKnight may have dissed them... The fcuk off in question may not have even been said seriously, as in "You fcuk right off away from me right now!", but maybe, "Arrrrrgh, fcuk off, eh?"

Like I say, if it was a straw that fcucked the camel up, fair enough, but there are a good many Americans who are all for their rights, their god given, tree of liberty watered with blood maintained, freedom, fuh-re-dom, fuuuh-reeeeee-dom, goddamnit! Until someone else exercises their right to free speech... And a good many of that type of American also have nearly religeous attitudes toward military veterans and an extremely limited sense of humour...

Archived