Best aeg out of the box

NE14LLK

Depends on what type/style you're looking for,

M4, AK, Bullpup, SMG, PDW, Bolt action, SPR, retro, etc...

and what you want it for,

Plinking in the garden, CQB, outdoor sites open, outdoor sites forrested, etc...

JG G36s
Cyma G36s
Double Eagle M9XX AEG line
Delta Armory Bravo AEG line
Specna Arms Edge AEG line (New Kestral ETU)
Arcturus Sport AR series

I've not seen any solid reviews yet, but the newly release Specna Arms Prime series are looking great out of the box and reasonably priced. I am thinking of purchasing one myself but just need to see some proper reviews first. To be fair, I only think the first batches arrived in the UK for sale last week

The Specna Prime's look very interesting... A decent base gun with a brushless motor and a higher-end control unit. 

I've  loved my Double Eagle M906C but given i had an overheating issue when spamming semi auto, to the point the Falcon for control failed, then I'm slightly more reticent about recommending it.  Currently it's not quite set up correctly, sounds a bit shrieky and still prone to getting toasty, but when i lend it to people to try they're still really impressed with it, it's the most accurate gun I've got, and honestly that's just such an important attribute.

One make that's been left out of the suggestions so far is Novritsch.  They seem to be solid even if the branding carries it's own peculiar baggage.

• Supporters

All airsoft guns are overpriced toys with random quality control.

But you're paying for the grins, not quality or guaranteed performance.

The good news is that there are few real lemons in the current market, so you're spoiled for choice, even within particular platforms or models.  Even the most basic plastic CYMA M4 works just fine out of the box, once you've cleaned the barrel and dialled the hop in. There's no need to mod anything, although most guns will benefit from for a Maple Leaf hop rubber and nub, and a rotary hop unit if they don't have one.  Beyond that, it's down to the value of features like fire control units.

So, as above, help us to help you by narrowing it down.  Tell us the platform that you like the look of, what you'll be using it for, and your approximate budget. Or just stop at @Amokura's list, it's as good as any.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

But you're paying for the grins, not quality or guaranteed performance.

This. Case in point, my GE gas shotgun. Performancewise it's pretty mediocre and I tend to do better with my pistol but it's still my go to primary for cqb. Why? Because it's so much fun to use

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Cyma M14 Socom or GTFO. 

Deffo +1 on that, it's a lot of well performing gun for the money 👍, & looks cool af in what is usually a sea of vanilla armalites🤮