Shops and the Classifieds

Nothing new but yeah, I agree it shouldn't be allowed.

At the same time there should maybe a section especially for businesses, they are offering something we all kinda want.

I agree it's not a new thing but it seems to be happening more recently. The part that makes me laugh is that often the shop's price tag is clearly visible in the photo (which is clearly taken on the shop counter)

Perhaps a section where they can advertise items for a fee that goes to charity.

• Moderators

I've noticed this too, I've asked the senior mods to clarify the rules on this.

There's always been players trying to pass rif as "new, or as good as", whether it's alledgedly been on a wall or sitting in a wardrobe etc, we know that irrespective of this it's s/h, no warranty is implied or given.

But if a retailer makes these claims, who's to say the items in question aren't just lemons that have been returned to the shop ?.

Knowing what a lot of stores call a warranty anyway that's not so much a loss, but knowing they are likely lemons is not cool. As Cannonfodder says, it would knock them off my 'do they have it list'.

I thought retailers were a flat 'no' here l, which is one of the reasons avenger63 gets so much love and attention in waves. 

• Head Moderator

This forum is for Airsofters not shops, the Classifieds are for second hand sales.

The forum rules do allow for a retailer to create one topic in the Places to Buy section, using their shop name as a title, with a link to their website and a description about why players might wish to do business with them. They are encouraged to engage with members and answer any questions that might be posted in their shop topic. If a shop topic is full of copy and pasted marketing spiel it will get no replies (before it's deleted). 

It is possible that a shop owner/worker could also an airsofter and wants to sell their personal items. However, any advert they create in the Classifieds needs to make sure that it does not have shop related images and retail style text (or lift from a retail website) because if in doubt the Mods will treat an advert as if it is from the retailer and not an individual.

10 hours ago, Tackle said:

Sorted now, Jedi has dealt with it, & clarified the situation 👍

Definitely no retailers 👋

avenger63 is advertising again, he is a retailer, seems to have many guns for sale on other forums all down as new.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, novioman said:

avenger63 is advertising again, he is a retailer, seems to have many guns for sale on other forums all down as new.

Yep I know, & while I agree with you, he's staying JUST within the forum rules.

It's not even like his prices are reasonable, but no one is forced to buy from him.........suckers lol

I'm not sure I'd class him as a shop in the traditional sense, more like he's buying guns on the cheap to sell for a exorbitant price. As for them being new, I'll take that with a big pinch of salt.