Your Airsoft Story Soundtrack.

Posted (edited)

Just thought this might be at least mildly amusing...

While I am strongly against those annoying people (let's face, it mostly Gen. Zer's) blasting out tunes in the safezone, or perhaps even more egregiously during a game. Which songs would you score your day with and bonus points for describing the scene.

No tryhards saying something cringeworthy like "Drowning Pool -Bodies" (unless you're describing how your old bones collapse when you get home 😆)

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

15 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Just thought this might be at least mildly amusing...

While I am strongly against those annoying people (let's face, it mostly Gen. Zer's) blasting out tunes in the safezone, or perhaps even more egregiously during a game. Which songs would you score your day with and bonus points for describing the scene.

No tryhards saying something cringeworthy like "Drowning Pool -Bodies" (unless you're describing how your old bones collapse when you get home 😄).

When I get home and my girlfriend asks how my day went....

Fuck that Provo shit.

I think mine would be 'I did it my way' by Frankie boy because despite very detailed game briefings,during which I'm either picking my nose or shooting puddles, I'm at a loss to know what's happening so I just go off on a tangent and enjoy my own private game most times ending up in the opfor respawn!

'So what is a man,what has he got',not a fecking clue.😂

Flanders and Swann: The Hippopotamus Song.

I seem to have an innate ability for finding mud and getting covered in it, mainly because I spend a fair bit of time on my belt buckle.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

Fuck that Provo shit.

Ahh I meant nothing political by it, I don't pretend to even know the full-meaning.  Just a catchy tune 🤷

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

14 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Ahh I meant nothing political by it, I don't pretend to even know the full-meaning.  Just a catchy tune 🤷

It is a pro-IRA song about shooting British soldiers.

Posted (edited)

The edited version obviously... LiPO fatty

Edited by gavinkempsell

We don't want none of that now do we, removed 👍

I'll go for this bellowing out when I try to throw a grenade and it inevitably bounces off a tree, back to my own team....

23 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

We don't want none of that now do we, removed 👍

I'll go for this bellowing out when I try to throw a grenade and it inevitably bounces off a tree, back to my own team....

Known as "doing a Ben" in certain circles.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

The edited version obviously... LiPO fatty

Having only a passing acquaintance with Bad Manners, despite being in my teens when they first became popular, I always thought the title was Lipo (or Lippo) Fatty.  I have learned something this evening.

Edited by Colin Allen

54 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Having only a passing acquaintance with Bad Manners, despite being in my teens when they first became popular, I always thought the title was Lipo (or Lippo) Fatty.  I have learned something this evening.

TBH I thought the same thing.
I was in 5th year when this was in the charts & a schoolfriend persuaded me to be lead singer in the band they were forming (inspired by Bad Manners), I was shite but looked the part.

12 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

It is a pro-IRA song about shooting British soldiers.

Where did you hear that? Everything I can find from the band says it's about the mosh pit. Either way, I'd still rather not listen to it as I'm not a whining emo kid trying to be edgy

For me it's probably Yakety Sax (the Benny Hill theme tune) as I'm often running around like a headless chicken with no clue as to what's going on

58 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Where did you hear that? Everything I can find from the band says it's about the mosh pit. Either way, I'd still rather not listen to it as I'm not a whining emo kid trying to be edgy

For me it's probably Yakety Sax (the Benny Hill theme tune) as I'm often running around like a headless chicken with no clue as to what's going on

No, no "my little Armalite" is most definitely NOT about mosh pits........

Posted (edited)

I had no idea this even existed or that folk clubs had mosh pits.

Of course YT now thinks I want to every single song about the troubles... Zombies is when my line stops.

Edited by gavinkempsell

Wasrer wrifle  fallout style gamer track, reminder not to take it too seriously 

Fortunate Son for whenever I see a "Squad" of larpers going for that 2000's freedom warriors us style look...

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

No, no "my little Armalite" is most definitely NOT about mosh pits

49 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I had no idea this even existed or that folk clubs had mosh pits.

My mistake, I was on about Bodies. I didn't see the YouTube link where Collin had quoted the OP till I expanded it. 

Posted (edited)

I would have thought "hubba hubba zoot zoot" would be appropriate.

It's what most people hear during the safety brief and what I tend to hear when some derp is shouting orders at me (50 year old, bald, chunky and doesn't take orders well 🤣🤣

https://youtu.be/6PMljKRFFrA?si=tHFjvah9rCJEm1ug

Edited by Egon_247
I'm old

Ever since I heard this; it absolutely has to be this in a CQB environment. Pistols only 

• 4 weeks later...

In my mind the Clutch cover of fortunate son (much better than CCR - fight me!) or the Doom Eternal remix soundtrack.

In reality “yackity sax” (Benny Hill theme)!