JG Works MP5K

Jmason98

Evening all, I purchased what was meant to be a working JG MP5K, only to find the guy had lied and the piston wasn't moving, looking further, the gearbox has cracked and it has broken in its entirety, the piston has also broken, I am looking at just buying a new gear box, and slotting it straight in, any ideas as to where I can find one, it's a V2 box... Thanks in advance

Not what your asking but did you not throw it back at him and get a refund? 

EDIT:  This one? - https://e-tactical.store/en/gearbox/9787-jg-works-metal-gearbox-for-mp5-series-a-x102.html

Edited by DanBow
link added

• Supporters

Also, where was it purchased,  on here ?, if not, where ?

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Also, where was it purchased,  on here ?, if not, where ?

No mate, airsoft hun unfortunately, he seemed sound as well which was the sad thing

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

MP5K? It has to be V3 not V2. Regular sized MP5's use V2 gearboxes.

I thought they were V2 mate? 

2 hours ago, DanBow said:

Not what your asking but did you not throw it back at him and get a refund? 

EDIT:  This one? - https://e-tactical.store/en/gearbox/9787-jg-works-metal-gearbox-for-mp5-series-a-x102.html

Cheers mate, but they don't ship to the UK which is the annoying thing

3 minutes ago, Jmason98 said:

No mate, airsoft hun unfortunately, he seemed sound as well which was the sad thing

That's a pisser! Could you, at least, charge back on your card or file a dispute on paypal? Hate seeing people get ripped off!

7 minutes ago, Jmason98 said:

I thought they were V2 mate? 

Nope, the K is different from full size MP5s, in that it uses a V3 gearbox, but with a long type motor.

For a disassembly and detailed view inside you can check it out here: 

https://rockoairsoft.blog.hu/2017/03/06/jg_mp5k

(Just bear in mind you'll need to translate from Hungarian).

4 minutes ago, DanBow said:

That's a pisser! Could you, at least, charge back on your card or file a dispute on paypal? Hate seeing people get ripped off!

4 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Tempted to try and speak to my bank about it, see if they can do anything as it's not fair, it was advertised as working, then it wouldn't feed when tested, he then started ignoring me, claimed he was busy blah blah blah, said he will "pass me some money Thursday" made me quite sad tbh, was looking forward to using it. 

2 minutes ago, Jmason98 said:

Tempted to try and speak to my bank about it, see if they can do anything as it's not fair, it was advertised as working, then it wouldn't feed when tested, he then started ignoring me, claimed he was busy blah blah blah, said he will "pass me some money Thursday" made me quite sad tbh, was looking forward to using it. 

Do it mate. The scamming B'stard deserves no chances. He knew what he was selling you.

7 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Do it mate. The scamming B'stard deserves no chances. He knew what he was selling you.

Filed it with my bank just, shall see what they say tomorrow 

If you used a credit card you have extra protection compared to a debit card.

11 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

If you used a credit card you have extra protection compared to a debit card.

The one time I use a debit card, I get done like this mate, lesson learnt, will see what they say

@Jmason98 That's shit isn't it :(

If it turns out you're stuck with it then Negative Airsoft has a very long CYMA MP5K video on his Patreon channel that shown pretty much a complete disassembly and rebuild, so really useful for the v3 gearbox MP5K's

(I've finally bought a GATE Titan v3 so started to work on my "boneyard" CYMA MP5K at the weekend that I bough almost a year ago, but I'm a bit stuck as the ball bearing cage on the spring guide is knackered so waiting for AK2M4 to open his web shop again to get one)

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

@Jmason98 That's shit isn't it :(

If it turns out you're stuck with it then Negative Airsoft has a very long CYMA MP5K video on his Patreon channel that shown pretty much a complete disassembly and rebuild, so really useful for the v3 gearbox MP5K's

(I've finally bought a GATE Titan v3 so started to work on my "boneyard" CYMA MP5K at the weekend that I bough almost a year ago, but I'm a bit stuck as the ball bearing cage on the spring guide is knackered so waiting for AK2M4 to open his web shop again to get one)

So is a V3 gearbox all I need late? To get this running again?

Edited by Jmason98

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that.  Exceptions exist, but as a general rule of thumb, anyone wanting to be paid other than by PayPal Goods and Services is planning to screw you.

All airsoft MP5guns that I'm aware of use a V3 gearbox, with that looooong trigger pull.  Easy enough to check, using the pictures on the page above, or a guide like this one.

With the caveat that nothing in airsoft is standard, a G&G or Guarder shell might suit.

The other alternative is to look for a boneyard MP5K, AK or G36 that's cosmetically wrecked, but it's always tricky to find a real bargain, honestly described.

On 21/04/2024 at 22:33, DanBow said:

Hope you get it sorted. Keep us updated. 

So, managed to sell the gun for just under half of what I paid for it, spoke to bank, they have said call us back 15 days from transaction if you have had no reply, we can then dispute the payment!

• Supporters

Surely in order to dispute the payment with the seller, the option for him to refund is reliant on you being able to return the faulty goods, something you cannot now do.

You may have shot yourself in the foot ?

Got to go with tackle on this one. You have no way to even prove it's faulty now and if you can't return the item I can't see how they have an obligation to refund you.

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Surely in order to dispute the payment with the seller, the option for him to refund is reliant on you being able to return the faulty goods, something you cannot now do.

You may have shot yourself in the foot ?

So, in short, no, they will dispute that payment as the goods were mis sold, I asked them in regards to it, they will dispute it with his bank for me as the goods were faulty and the buyer accepts no returns, etc. 

On 22/04/2024 at 11:50, Rogerborg said:

Sorry to hear that.  Exceptions exist, but as a general rule of thumb, anyone wanting to be paid other than by PayPal Goods and Services is planning to screw you.

I had a lad on here trying to scam me even though I used goods and services. It was definitely an interesting one to see him going from feeding me all sorts of BS to going completely silent when I got my cash back 🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jmason98 said:

So, in short, no, they will dispute that payment as the goods were mis sold, I asked them in regards to it, they will dispute it with his bank for me as the goods were faulty and the buyer accepts no returns, etc. 

OK, good luck with that, it's quite unusual for a bank to get involved with a private sale, especially something of such low value.

But keep us informed,  really hope it works out, maybe they're taking a different stance.

Out of interest,  what bank is it ?