Soldier of Fortune returns?

kasaran

Anyone had experience on returns from breakages?  First time out. Got them on Friday.  And my jungle boots nylon is torn.

I'm guessing because it's happened in use they will say no.  Just a bit gutted.

17094738516604625974195842123670.jpg

• Supporters

No, your entitled to them doing the job their intended for, they're not selling them as carpet slippers lol. 

Clearly there must have been a fault there, defective or poor quality materials ? 

Wipe the worst of the mud off them & return them for a full refund, I wouldn't even bother with an exchange as clearly their not fit for purpose, the real McCoy that they're based on would last at least six months in the worst conditions in south east Asia. 

Yes as above. Send them back cause that's a shocking failure.

Get some Viper boots they won't let you down👍

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

Anyone had experience on returns from breakages?  First time out. Got them on Friday.  And my jungle boots nylon is torn.

I'm guessing because it's happened in use they will say no.  Just a bit gutted.

17094738516604625974195842123670.jpg

Sadly this is the norm for all repro jungle boots, some sooner than later. From my experience, SOF have always been great with their returns for shit products. I would hope they would refund or replace though. 

Thanks. Just leaving the game site now.  Can't have a game at without something breaking....

Sadly I wanted jungle boots to go with my 'nam kit.  Anyone know of any decent ones out there?

Just now, kasaran said:

Thanks. Just leaving the game site now.  Can't have a game at without something breaking....

Sadly I wanted jungle boots to go with my 'nam kit.  Anyone know of any decent ones out there?

I use originals for reenactment, no doubt they'd be fine for airsoft too but obviously they're quite expensive and also depending on shoe size, rare. I would suggest looking at the German issue ones, as they're ALMOST the same. They absolutely pass the distance rule, made to last, and are a lot cheaper than real ones. They're what I use for airsoft, just to save the originals as best as I can.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Wellco or altama, mine have lasted years 

As others have posted, send them back for a refund.

If you're after the german ones these guys a pretty good. I've used them a few times now

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/search?type=product&q=jungle+boots+&search=

37 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

As others have posted, send them back for a refund.

If you're after the german ones these guys a pretty good. I've used them a few times now

https://forcesuniformandkit.co.uk/search?type=product&q=jungle+boots+&search=

+1 for them, that's where I got mine from too. I ordered the wrong size originally, sent them an email and they replaced them with the correct size in barely any time at all.

emailed SoF so will see what happens with them first. 

Thanks for the link, i have them bookmarked for the inevitable.  they look close enough to me, if only i knew a week or so ago

New photo to show the size of the hole

I have not had the best of luck with these, i also have a size 9 of the same make.  In store they were comfy so i bought them... found out too late that they are too small to run in (guess im a 9.5).   was gonna try and flog them on here soon, but this thread isnt going to be much good for advertising xD

photo_2024-03-03_17-43-25.jpg

19 minutes ago, kasaran said:

emailed SoF so will see what happens with them first. 

Thanks for the link, i have them bookmarked for the inevitable.  they look close enough to me, if only i knew a week or so ago

New photo to show the size of the hole

I have not had the best of luck with these, i also have a size 9 of the same make.  In store they were comfy so i bought them... found out too late that they are too small to run in (guess im a 9.5).   was gonna try and flog them on here soon, but this thread isnt going to be much good for advertising xD

photo_2024-03-03_17-43-25.jpg

Is that canvas made of crepe paper? 

1 minute ago, GenuineGerman said:

Is that canvas made of crepe paper? 

its the fact that the supporting strap has also come away from the leather that gets me

9 minutes ago, kasaran said:

its the fact that the supporting strap has also come away from the leather that gets me

Hopefully they sort you out a refund quickly 

Get the German ones, but be careful re: width.  They come in about eight different fittings and most sellers only flog them by main size.  

My son's SOF jungles lasted for years, only dying when the soles eventually crumbled into a sticky mush when worn totally smooth.  He is still regarded reproachfully by his grandmother with the once pristine cream coloured carpet...