Who wants an engraving service?

EDcase

EDIT:

Engraving service is now active.

Send me a PM to discuss what you want.

-------------------------------------------

For anyone who doesn't know how to send a PM

Click on Avatar picture to go to profile page and you will see a 'Message' button

Edited by EDcase

I'd be interested even though I don't thing I have anything that needs doing now I don't think. 

Postage would be easier if the client could disassemble the gun and just post the part they want engraving. 

The bit that makes me hesitate the most on getting anything engraved is knowing what happens if the engraver messes up and I'm left with a ruined slide/receiver. Unlikely for sure but good to know for transparency. 

Examples for work done would be good to see like we see from "custom gbb" on here. 

Good luck with this regardless. I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest. 

There’s a few people I’m aware of that offer this, so there’s definitely an interest in it.

However one of the biggest concerns (imho) is that if a mistake is made, there’s not really any going back and fixing it. 

One example for sensational work is West Laser (https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100087497751639&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user)

I met the lad who operates airsoftengraver when I was down at NAF (images in the same instagram)

We sat and chatted in the bar as I admired his mates VFC FAL which had been lightly customised.

Im planning on sending my 553’s upper receiver to get trades done on it

But it’s the fear of it getting messed up that’s stopping me, not that I don’t trust him after seeing his work, it’s my mental hurdle 

https://airsoftengraver.co.uk/?fbclid=PAAaZE3CHNuPSdiAvBemK1xCTDyVWP9ht0hZX8-mrKZU7n7atpE_bt94Qls-0_aem_AbtFyH4q5OeUtAnmG1FC5q6pSYXCxp6F9z1lyP8nV15PS0X61A4mhb6CGLacnzKzeu8

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

18 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I met the lad who operates airsoftengraver when I was down at NAF (images in the same instagram)

We sat and chatted in the bar as I admired his mates VFC FAL which had been lightly customised.

Im planning on sending my 553’s upper receiver to get trades done on it

But it’s the fear of it getting messed up that’s stopping me, not that I don’t trust him after seeing his work, it’s my mental hurdle 

https://airsoftengraver.co.uk/?fbclid=PAAaZE3CHNuPSdiAvBemK1xCTDyVWP9ht0hZX8-mrKZU7n7atpE_bt94Qls-0_aem_AbtFyH4q5OeUtAnmG1FC5q6pSYXCxp6F9z1lyP8nV15PS0X61A4mhb6CGLacnzKzeu8

I sent him my M14 to get engraved and unfortunately it did end up getting messed up due to him only being able to engrave flat surfaces. At least now he’s found out his limitations 😂 He was an absolute gem to deal with and can’t fault his representation. 

42 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

I sent him my M14 to get engraved and unfortunately it did end up getting messed up due to him only being able to engrave flat surfaces. At least now he’s found out his limitations 😂 He was an absolute gem to deal with and can’t fault his representation. 

Nice to hear transparent feedback

Fortunately the 553 is a bit of a Lego brick 

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Nice to hear transparent feedback

Fortunately the 553 is a bit of a Lego brick 

It definitely hasn’t put me off using him, just purely based on how polite he was. I have a few stanag mag plates I’d like to get engraved eventually from him. Plus, his prices are really reasonable and the turn around is great also. He quoted me £22 for the Springfield trades on the m14, with the matching serial number on the bolt. That’s including him matching the font and designing the markings too

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

@EDcase what sort of machine are you looking to run if from?  I was looking at a fibre myself for doing some etching on stainless steel and aluminium.  Not cheap sadly.  

I've found a 30w Raycus galvo fibre laser for a reasonable price.

Since most of my toys are the cheap non trades versions I would do my own first of course (after lots of testing 😁)

Yes, I would certainly only offer the service to others after extensive testing.

They do have a preview feature to make sure the placement is correct so I'm not worried about that.

Yeah, it would definitely be MUCH easier if people could disassemble the parts to be worked on.

No, I couldn't do curved parts.

Actually I think the hardest part would be making the pattern files for the various trades and logos.

(Does anyone know anywhere to download images or vector files for various trades?)

Thank you guys for your thoughts.

Edited by EDcase

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Do the engravers need you to send the file or do/should they know what you are wanting?

unless is something customised of course 

Probably depends on the engraver. Jim at LC's has all the layouts , fonts etc for the L119's.

Mine was the first Hi power he did, I sent him a load of pictures to work from and he then worked out the fonts etc from that.

• 1 month later...
Just now, GenuineGerman said:

Lightburn is a great software for laser engraving @EDcase

Yeah I saw that but don't think I need it for the moment.

I used Inkscape to create the file and EZCad2 as the control software as its already set up for that.

6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah I saw that but don't think I need it for the moment.

I used Inkscape to create the file and EZCad2 as the control software as its already set up for that.

Nice definitely got a market there 👍🏻

• Supporters

Ooh, got me thinking now 🤔, except I wouldn't want proper trades etc, something more humorous or personal I think😏

6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Some more examples:

CYMA CM033 Thompson

OLYM0694.thumb.jpg.202a632e2151cc2d77700a326462afbc.jpg

OLYM0695.thumb.jpg.54484872e2119ec63a712ff3155e33c3.jpg

CYMA CM032 M14

OLYM0702.thumb.jpg.5c9e4dd443e20d32ff98928682be6c71.jpg

Testing on a 40mm grenade

OLYM0696.thumb.jpg.30916aaf4060077f83c8b1ed13112f29.jpg

OLYM0697.thumb.jpg.d6ef6eb84b61e6d844488705ec837925.jpg

When will you be offering to do others...? 👀 Would love my M16a1 done once it's all built!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

When will you be offering to do others...? 👀 Would love my M16a1 done once it's all built!

Just send me a PM 👍

Edited by EDcase