tech horrors part 2: Airsoft Cymru

Guest Marauder211

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211
19 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

With 25 out of 28 reviews being 4 or 5 stars it looks pretty positive to meScreenshot_20231228-174120_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d3a8d2dfcc01f12b968695e76317b53b.jpg

Of course, and a couple things I did buy, like BBs and a gunsight, they are of decent quality, they work as intended so that part is deserving of the praise.

Just now, Marauder211 said:

Of course, and a couple things I did buy, like BBs and a gunsight, they are of decent quality, they work as intended so that part is deserving of the praise.

Most, if not all are aimed towards the actual shop and service related, not the tech work, that is important to note.

Ignoring the time gap, what exact is your complaint? Tech work quality? Tech work advice?

It seems there are four elements to your complaint:

Tech workmanship related:

• "Non-airsoft" Gate Aster was installed
  • Wiring with "metric ton" of superglue
  • Nuprol motor "too strong"

Advice related

• Being mislead into agreeing the work

Can you provide pictures of the Gate Aster or anything that says it is "non-airsoft"?

Can you provide pictures of the amount of superglue in your gearbox or where you think is the problem?

Can you provide model name of this Nuprol motor and also your spring, gear ratio, and battery used?

Can you describe what was the process of you agreeing to the work?

Edited by Pseudotectonic

16 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:
19 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

So you paid for the gun to be sorted out, you got it back, and left it to sit for 18 months without touching it at all? 

Yeah, that's what happened

Yet in the post above you said you've been firing it in your back garden

Guest Marauder211
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

How often was the gun used between the gearbox having work done and the problems being found? Almost a year and a half is quite a while and the bevel gear could've quite easily failed after it was installed 

So, between me testing a new mag, believe it or not, I haven't actually been on the field with it because I was having feeding issues, this is probably what happened, tbh I am thinking of just taking these down, it might look bad but the thing is I won't get anywhere doing this, although there was one thing my dad pointed out when he helped me get the pistol grip off (because I rounded a screw using the wrong size head) was that the shell screws were loose 

Just now, Cannonfodder said:

Yet in the post above you said you've been firing it in your back garden

Yeah, on the odd occasion, maybe 6 months a couple shots, nothing significant

God damnit, I'm literally making myself look like a liar, what I meant is that I haven't taken it to a game in over 18 months

17 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

Most, if not all are aimed towards the actual shop and service related, not the tech work, that is important to note.

It's also important to note that those that do mention tech work are all 5 stars.

Tbh I'm starting to think we're not getting the full picture as the more this goes on the bigger the holes are getting in your version of events

Guest Marauder211
Just now, Cannonfodder said:

It's also important to note that those that do mention tech work are all 5 stars.

Tbh I'm starting to think we're not getting the full picture as the more this goes on the bigger the holes are getting in your version of events

As I am explaining things I remember details, it's a bad trait in my personality, things I don't remember come up at random, it's part of my learning disabilities, I've had it all my life. What I have mentioned in that timeline is exactly what happened, when I got the gun I tested it at home and it cycled fine but didn't feed properly so I left it for months until I could afford new mags, found the stated mags worked but then recently I ran into the nozzle issue. I have nothing else to prove here, I know how I have put myself in an impossible position, and I know that had I just thought about what the hell I was typing in the first place (because I was very angry about what had been discovered) then I wouldn't be in this mess right now. To be honest I do regret this because I've put myself in a hole and now I've made myself loom like a comolete liar when I know that isn't the case

Guest Marauder211
19 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Ignoring the time gap, what exact is your complaint? Tech work quality? Tech work advice?

It seems there are four elements to your complaint:

Tech workmanship related:

• "Non-airsoft" Gate Aster was installed
  • Wiring with "metric ton" of superglue
  • Nuprol motor "too strong"

Advice related

• Being mislead into agreeing the work

Can you provide pictures of the Gate Aster or anything that says it is "non-airsoft"?

Can you provide pictures of the amount of superglue in your gearbox or where you think is the problem?

Can you provide model name of this Nuprol motor and also your spring, gear ratio, and battery used?

Can you describe what was the process of you agreeing to the work?

When I took the gun into the shop I showed them the issue with the original motor, they listened to me explain the problem, so they suggest a high torque motor which I was fine with, but then we start chatting airsoft components and I mention wanting to put a decent mosfet in the gun because I wanted to run a higher voltage but also protect the motor and other components, they mentioned they had one ready for installation and I was really up for it, like comic character having stars for pupils level excited (cringe I know). Two weeks later they tell me that the aster wasn't compatible with the original gearbox, I did think about it but went ahead anyway, the only real point of pressure was when I got the gun back they kept trying to sell me a metal hop unit that I didn't really want. As said in part 1, I completely understand that I should've listened to my gut instinct and left the original gearbox but I was too excited. That is what happened with the process, basically the nature of this post was more of a... vent, I suppose? With a warning if anyone else came forward, but I was fuming when I typed the OP because of the extra money I have to spend getting the gun rebuilt.

4 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Can you post some pictures

My tech is currently sending puctures, I assume he's going to send it with the invoice in my Email.

Once again, I am sorry if my story seems misleading or untrue, tbh with the amount of false claims made about anything else I too would take this with a pinch (or spoon) of salt and treat this skeptically. As I type I am remembering small details (some larger than others admittedly) so it presents a whole new problem, it's trait I've had all my life especially because of my learning disabilities.

10 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Can you post some pictures

So this is actually the one plausible pic I took before sending to the tech, it was taken after we got the gearbox out, the second pic on part one was most definitely me trying to get the body pin back in as I had issues with the phillips screws in the pistol grip.

20231223_184527.jpg

Guest Marauder211
4 minutes ago, Katzw64 said:

So I will be joining this thread on behalf of Airsoft Cymru.

The first point I will absolutely defend to the death, is the use of a specna arms gearbox. We have never and will never use these gearboxes in any products. I have copies of all invoices to prove this as well.

The second point is we were not accepting tech work at the time stated, and we only started accepting new tech work when we contracted out to White Wolf tech and build in may of this year (2023) after many requests to resume this service. 

Thirdly, at no time has any issues of this nature ever been raised with us personally or professionally. 

Fourthly, no tech worth their salt would ever downgrade a gear box when trying to maximise potential (personal opinion on Specna gearboxes from someone who does not profess to be an expert).

Fifth, I would like to thank everyone who contacted us regarding this thread for allowing us the opportunity to defend ourselves. 

I am very sorry that this person has not had a good experience with their gun and wish them all the best with RAT. I am also very sorry that it has resulted in unfounded accusations and mild threats on marauder's part and having to resort to us ever having to defend ourselves from what is quite frankly libelous in nature, considering our positive footprint on social media and reviews platforms.

Never? Are you sure? What part of the comapny are you from? Because I know Parrot who was the guy I delt with, please, by all means prove to me that I haven't been to your store in that time because I can tell you that I was there, and this is outright incorrect, they put a Specna orion in my gun with my permission to fit in a gate aster

1 minute ago, Marauder211 said:

Never? Are you sure? What part of the comapny are you from? Because I know Parrot who was the guy I delt with, please, by all means prove to me that I haven't been to your store in that time because I can tell you that I was there, and this is outright incorrect, they put a Specna orion in my gun with my permission to fit in a gate aster

Also, can you prove that you are a part of the team? Because I checked your website and there isn't a woman in management or otherwise, so I know that your statement is an outright lie.

12 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

Because I checked your website and there isn't a woman in management or otherwise

image.png.ed7f4432ccbf73ac34be8c7e23131b96.png

Taken from their google reviews. There's also mentions of Kat on their facebook page too.

Edited by JinxDuh

7 minutes ago, Marauder211 said:

Also, can you prove that you are a part of the team? Because I checked your website and there isn't a woman in management or otherwise, so I know that your statement is an outright lie.

Kat answered the email that I sent the company earlier today.

What is wrong with Specna gearboxes?

From the story it seems the store owner proposed "swapping gearbox" because of Aster incompatibility with the Ares gearbox. What exactly was said or written is unknown but OP appears to think it is a Specna gearbox.

And it is a little hard to believe a shop would not offer tech services, it may very well be a one off job by the owner.

Without more evidence from either side (pictures or otherwise) it is next to impossible to determine what exactly happened.

While OP should have gone back to the shop in the first place, I don't think he is entirely lying about the "discoveries" and it may very well have been the shop owner had a go with a one-off job.

31 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Kat answered the email that I sent the company earlier today.

She answered mine too.

7 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

ok so if Airsoft Cymru didn't do the tech work OP is saying they did, then... whodunnit????

That is the ultimate question, and one I would most certainly like an answer to as well. 

4 minutes ago, Katzw64 said:

That is the ultimate question, and one I would most certainly like an answer to as well. 

If it was indeed the ultimate question, we could answer that one. It's 42.

Am I the only one questioning the fact the gun was working but somehow had a broken nozzle, which the op has then opened up their gearbox to replace. The gun then breaks, he takes it to a proper tech who finds several issues. 

How do we know op didn't create said issues?

Some super glue to hold in wiring, ok that's not great but sometimes necessary (but granted too much is just stupid), and a broken gear which could happen at any time conceivably but conveniently straight after said nozzle replacement. 

Not pointing fingers, just curious 🧐

Edited by Predator EAT-14

8 minutes ago, Predator EAT-14 said:

Am I the only one questioning the fact the gun was working but somehow had a broken nozzle, which the op has then opened up their gearbox to replace. The gun then breaks, he takes it to a proper tech who finds several issues. 

No you're not, in fact the more this thread goes on the more I'm inclined to think the op is full of shit. His story has more holes than the Bismarck

1 hour ago, Marauder211 said:

I checked your website and there isn't a woman in management or otherwise, so I know that your statement is an outright lie.

Check the companies house website and you'll find you're the one posting bollocks

9 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

I'm confused. Is Matt Roberts (mentioned in the OP) = RAT (Roberts Airsoft Tech)?

Based on comments on the Roberts Airsoft Tech FB page, Matt Roberts is indeed the chap from Roberts Airsoft Tech.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.