Looking for people to play with in NE London

calymd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, recently moved to London in the North East area. I'm not really familiar with the sites around here so I'd love to meet and join others for some skirmishes. I'm in a position where I don't have a car, so car sharing would really help me out as well (I don't mind paying for petrol!).

If anyone knows someone living in this region and wants to meet up, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks!

Hi fella and welcome to the Airsoft asylum.👍🙂

I'm sure there will be some active members in your new location that may be able to help.🤞

Regards 

Welcome to the forum?

What do you mean by NE London?  How far could you get under your own steam?

There's a few members here that use public transport to get to Skirmishes - @Asomodaiis in the London area and does this on occasion.  I'm in the Hitchin area and don't mind giving peeps a lift to a skirmish I am driving to - usually Special Ops, occasionally AWA and Reforger.  There's a new place near Hemel that I might go to at some point.  Liftee's would need to get to and from Hitchin or Arlesey station though.

I could pick you up from Milton Keynes Central to take you to spec ops, but unfortunately I've knackered my foot playing football this week, so my expected trip on Sunday is off.  A couple of week's time though... Give me a shout if you're interested!

On 20/10/2023 at 22:55, Dan Robinson said:

Welcome to the forum?

What do you mean by NE London?  How far could you get under your own steam?

There's a few members here that use public transport to get to Skirmishes - @Asomodaiis in the London area and does this on occasion.  I'm in the Hitchin area and don't mind giving peeps a lift to a skirmish I am driving to - usually Special Ops, occasionally AWA and Reforger.  There's a new place near Hemel that I might go to at some point.  Liftee's would need to get to and from Hitchin or Arlesey station though.

Hi @Dan Robinson ! I live in the Tottenham area, and I assume that is in the NE area of London.. but I do realize "London" is a very vast area and might not be very useful hahah.

I've been thinking about using public transport, but I've always been paranoid about having issues like being stopped or just having to travel for a very long time to get to the destination.

Will look into getting to Hitchin, sounds like a good idea thank you :)

On 20/10/2023 at 23:19, RostokMcSpoons said:

I could pick you up from Milton Keynes Central to take you to spec ops, but unfortunately I've knackered my foot playing football this week, so my expected trip on Sunday is off.  A couple of week's time though... Give me a shout if you're interested!

Thank you @RostokMcSpoons! I'm in no rush as I got some other plans anyway so sadly can't play airsoft in the near future anyway :(. But will definitely give a shout if I want to join!

Edited by calymd

⁸For sites try here

https://playairsoft.uk/

1 hour ago, calymd said:

I've been thinking about using public transport, but I've always been paranoid about having issues like being stopped or just having to travel for a very long time

Don't worry about being stopped and questioned, I've been using public transport to get to sites since I first started on 2004 and have never had any problems, just use common sense

London is weird, I've worked there for 24 years, lived there for 6 years after graduating and travel all around it.  No one really refers (in my experience) to "North East".  Its either East London,  or North..... which is weird as you do get South East. 

I do miss having the best range of choice when it comes to eating out, but that's about it.

Hitchin and Arlesey are pretty easy to get to on Public transport - get the Vicky Line to Finsbury Park then East Coast mainline.  Its just a matter of transporting pews and kit.

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

No one really refers (in my experience) to "North East".  Its either East London,  or North..... which is weird as you do get South East. 

I figured it was a postcode thing as there is no NE post code. That border is also pretty close to Essex. 

@calymdany thoughts on mayhem? Shortish walk from the central line. 

Sidcup on SE rail to Chiselhurst isn't a bad shout either, but then I am much closer to the river to cross it. 

Don't worry too much about kit/pew carrying gun bag and backpack of correct size and you are a gooden. Hardest I have found in summer, is carrying enough liquid/water.

Other than that. Have fun

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

@calymdany thoughts on mayhem? Shortish walk from the central line

Shortish? According to Google maps it's an hour and a 10 minutes walk from the nearest station (Theydon Bois)

21 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Shortish? According to Google maps it's an hour and a 10 minutes walk from the nearest station (Theydon Bois)

I said what I said, although in your defence, I walked it there in the morning and then only as far as adbridge on the way back as I said fuck this, and called a cab....

3 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I said what I said, although in your defence, I walked it there in the morning and then only as far as adbridge on the way back as I said fuck this, and called a cab....

Fair enough, although I have walked similar distances to sites in the past 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.