Signs of the apocalypse!

Chev Chelios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

What we looking at chev, shrinkflation ? 

3 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

Bought at the same time. Tesco, I hope your next poos a hedgehog.  I feel better now. 

20230928_135444.jpg

Unfortunately its a part of modern food manufacturing. You either put the price up, due to increasing costs, or make the portion smaller to keep the price same. 

Ive worked in the food industry for 10 years and its becoming more frequent.

Thanks for buying Muller though, helps to keep me in a job. 👍😁

I purchased a two pack of ciabatta rolls from said store last evening.

They had the yellow 'reduced' sticker on. 

Joy of joys they had been reduced from £1.10 tooooooo,wait for it.....£1.09.

Probably cost more to print bloody sticker as I pointed out to the young lady serving me.

Regards 

This is what they call shrinkflation, as posted already it's a common trick in the food industry as customers are more likely to notice the price going up than the serving size going down. I remember hearing about a french supermarket which has started putting labels on the shelves of products that have done this.

Its surprising the amount of things done by the big supermarkets and food manufacturers to make a bit more money where they either use psychology or just hope customers aren't paying attention

They've gotta get their £3 Billion profits somehow, I worked for Tesco for 17 years & was happy to take my redundancy in 2019.

• Moderators

What's really pissing me of is the fact that nearly every company, whether it be fuel suppliers or food retailers, is posting massive profits, higher than ever, while Joe Public is having to make some stark choices. 

Literally feels like a conspiracy to wring every last penny out "us". 

🤬

6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What's really pissing me of is the fact that nearly every company, whether it be fuel suppliers or food retailers, is posting massive profits, higher than ever, while Joe Public is having to make some stark choices. 

Literally feels like a conspiracy to wring every last penny out "us". 

🤬

One of my clients commented that he was surprised we'd only put our hourly rate up a tenner since he'd last used us.

I just said "I don't want to be part of the problem".

Edited by Dan Robinson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.