New but old.

The_Roach

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I'm Ryan, a vet in many ways, coming back to airsoft after a 20ish year hiatus.
I used to play in Eastern France where I was a student, had a great team there (which I'm still part of as a founding member but we're old and lazy now).
I've stopped playing when I joined the French Foreign Legion in 2002.
I later joined the British Army where I've served from 2010 to April of this year.
Freshly out, just looking to have fun, pass on some knowledge, meet cool people and keep some reflexes sharp. So looking for a team in and around Wiltshire.
I'm still in the process of completing my loadout (which is 80% near completion) and although I do own a pimped up WE L85A2 GBBR, I'm getting rid of it at the minute and looking at getting another GBBR.

I have questions about UKARA, especially as an FAC owner, but it looks like the links in the pinned posts are broken.

In short doesn't matter about your FAC you still need a UKARA or other form of exemption.  No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

27 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

In short doesn't matter about your FAC you still need a UKARA or other form of exemption.  No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Well it's alright. I suppose I need to join a team then to get a UKARA, er, licence ?

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Haru said:

no just play 3 games in no less than 2 months at the same site

Fixed that for ya 😉

15 hours ago, The_Roach said:

I've stopped playing when I joined the French Foreign Legion in 2002.

I'm still in the process of completing my loadout (which is 80% near completion) and although I do own a pimped up WE L85A2 GBBR, I'm getting rid of it at the minute and looking at getting another GBBR.

NorthEast Airsoft are releasing a FAMAS soon. You need to get your F2 CCE and Brelage back out! 

16 hours ago, The_Roach said:

Well it's alright. I suppose I need to join a team then to get a UKARA, er, licence ?

Don't call it a license..... :) its one way of proving a Defence. Thats all

Edited by EvilMonkee

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

NorthEast Airsoft are releasing a FAMAS soon. You need to get your F2 CCE and Brelage back out! 

Got rid of all that ages ago. Not going back to that even though I had a decent 1990-91 6eREG impression in both desert and plain green.

But my next set up will also pay homage to the Legion in 2 ways while being resolutely modern, tactically relevant and practical. 

Welcome 🖐

Sounds like you'll be a valuable member of a group.

Don't worry about joining a team though.  Most of us started alone and just formed groups naturally.

As said above, to be UKARA registered, you need to play 3 games at the same site with a 2 month minimum but some sites don't pay attention to the minimum criteria.

Just play your 3 games and then ask them to register you.  (There will likely be charge around £10)

Edited by EDcase

Thank you.

I'm going to get in touch with Ironsight and see from there. In the mean time I will have other questions, but I'll try to ask them in the relevant subs.

11 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Actually, it's HK 416 replacing the famas, so VFC gbb

1 hour ago, Kzwi said:

Actually, it's HK 416 replacing the famas, so VFC gbb

Indeed looking at this at the moment, albeit, not for a French setup.

Screenshot_20230907_225733_Chrome.jpg

Being a GBBR fan boi, VFC have really really stepped up their game recently.  Their G3, FAL and MP5s are all excellent, heard good things about the 416 range too but not read into them too much as its not a platform that interests me.  If you want to know more check out the Heavy Recoil Club GBBR Discord 

You're a man of taste. The FAL is my dream rifle but two things are keeping me from looking into it. 1) The GBBR version is £1000+, way too much for me. 2) I'm a 5'6" vertically challenged person and any battle rifle makes me look like a schoolboy handling his daddy's fishing rod.
There's another reason I'm after the HK416, I'm probably going to start shooting straight pull .223 or semi .22 mag on an AR like platform so I'd like my future accessories (optics, LLM etc.) to fit both my airsoft and my rifle.

773618601_Specops-HK416-3s.jpg.66b86b01db3d4dc9e3ab1e566f806be9.jpg

I love my VFC HK416A5 ❤️❤️❤️

Just added an outer barrel extension because I think it looks better than just the stubby short barrel...

672560166_VFCHK416Extendedbarrel.jpg.27524c152c069cc28f2b1979bbea3a0e.jpg

But a nice suppressor works well too...

2037633454_Specops-HK416-2.jpg.9eed79fdccef1d2fda54a7234e5f1d69.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

17 hours ago, The_Roach said:

You're a man of taste. The FAL is my dream rifle but two things are keeping me from looking into it. 1) The GBBR version is £1000+, way too much for me. 2) I'm a 5'6" vertically challenged person and any battle rifle makes me look like a schoolboy handling his daddy's fishing rod.
There's another reason I'm after the HK416, I'm probably going to start shooting straight pull .223 or semi .22 mag on an AR like platform so I'd like my future accessories (optics, LLM etc.) to fit both my airsoft and my rifle.

Yeh the deluxe version is the only one available, the normal one is sold out.  And rightly so, its easily the best of my large stable of GBBRs bar perhaps the MWS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.