aliexpress

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm assuming this is a cunning way they are sneaking around the 'anything gun shape purges' the site frequently does.  has anyone got expeience with them?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/912499189?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.1a41kgwHkgwH7C

hesitation because, if they just send some screws.... then it wouldnt necessarily be false advertising according the aliexpress...

10 minutes ago, Haru said:

ima leave my comment here if someone does buy something let us know

Same. I was looking at this store when building my Mk18 but got lucky with DD style Mk18 rail from another user. I will say that they used to have clear line drawings of all the handguards they sold which made it really easy to understand what you were buying. I wonder what happened to them.

aliexpress can be a great resource and it can often be worth taking a chance on these things, but if there are no decent reviews with text and pictures then be prepared to be surprised at how badly something can be made. You'll see missing screws, miscast screws (allen heads with the heads filled in can be pretty common), parts not lining up and dodgy anodizing. This is especially common with any kind of mounts in particular because they'll try to do an rmr footprint without having an rmr or a picatinny attachment without testing on a rail.

It can be a good experience, just bear in mind that it's a bit of a gamble :)

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sisu said:

I tried them once for a small car part and it didn't arrive - never again. 

That’s a bit of bad luck for you buddy, I’ve never had an issue with Ali.

Ordered some pretty expensive clone optics from there in the past 6 months, one had an issue with qc and when I got Ali’s customer services involved I received the partial refund I had asked for without issue.

Wishing you better luck in future if you try again 

Ive recently orded some airsoft related items from aliexpress. Nothing fancy, just  a cheap tact vest. It hasnt arrived yet but ill let you know when it does.

I was playing with practical shotgun a few years ago and ordered some speed loades from there, came with no problem and worked fine. Ive gave them to my mate when i stopped and he's still using them.

Loads of stuff ordered over the years - the majority has arrived before it's due date, and 99% turns up. There is the odd thing that has never arrived, but I've always been refunded no questions asked.

I've never had an item not turn up with Aliexpress or similar. Usually it takes 8-14 days to deliver but it's always been within that timeframe, Royal Mail issues not included. Temu deliver their stuff with Evri once it's in country and they've been great but their selection is lacking compared to Aliexpress and others.

Edited by MrTea

It’s encouraging to hear they’re not as bad as I thought so I could consider using again. They seem to have stuff you can’t easily find elsewhere. Your comments have restored my faith a little! 

Ali Express is fine; I have ordered quite a lot of stuff over the years and have never had a problem.

• Supporters

It's just a marketplace like eBay, the experience is down to the individual seller.  I've only had issues with one item, a solid (well, hollow) M4 stock which got knocked back by the courier at the Chinese end twice (conceivably due to them cracking down on 'firearms' parts) and never made it out of the country.  The refund was easy enough, and you can save a little to a lot over the same item bought from a UK seller.

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I've only had issues with one item, a solid (well, hollow) M4 stock which got knocked back by the courier at the Chinese end twice (conceivably due to them cracking down on 'firearms' parts) and never made it out of the country.  The refund was easy enough, and you can save a little to a lot over the same item bought from a UK seller.

Ah, that would explain why the CTR stock i bought a month back got returned to seller before it left china then! (refunded by AE as soon as i spotted the return on the tracking and requested it)

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Ah, that would explain why the CTR stock i bought a month back got returned to seller before it left china then! (refunded by AE as soon as i spotted the return on the tracking and requested it)

I reckon so, I've also seen people reporting issues with handguards, although it'll be a lottery what gets through and what doesn't.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.