Buying RHop patches or cutting my own

Which gun????

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Ive been wanting to cut my own rhop patches onto a prometheus eg barrel but its not working so well. Brought the food grade 6mm x 8mm ID tubes but i think its diameter is too thin for the cut in the barrel. Should i try get 6mm x 9mm ID or get a different tube or just buy an rhop patch?

I saw rhop patches on sale available to me:

- Hades airsoft R hop patches on patrolbase

- Psionic Rhop kits

- Snipetor rhop n bucking

- Silent Industries rhop patches

But dont know what to go for…please help a brother out here🙏

For reference i have 2 setups:

1) 1.47 J on 0.32g (prometheus eg barrel + specna arms original hop up chamber)

2) 300fps DSG on 0.25g (ZCI barrel + prometheus neo chamber)

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

I think maple leaf macron will be enough for both, because they are not super heavy BBs

This, unless the journey is desired more than the destination just throw in a maple leaf and have done with.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

This, unless the journey is desired more than the destination just throw in a maple leaf and have done with.

can maple leaf 60* super macaron hop 0.32g bbs at 1.47j at +65m? Just curious

i also got a free super macaron 70 degree blue bucking too. At my fps and bbs, is 70* or 60* more suitable?

5 minutes ago, Which gun???? said:

Is this for use in the UK? I ask as in the UK that sort of power is DMR limits and a 0.32g BB is maybe a bit light to get the best results for range an accuracy.

9 minutes ago, Which gun???? said:

i also got a free super macaron 70 degree blue bucking too. At my fps and bbs, is 70* or 60* more suitable?

Yes, I'd say it will, my DE (with 50deg) will hop 0.32g bbs at 1.17j to 60+m, so with some extra oomph I'm certain it'll reach 65m with the slightly harder rubber.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Out of those listed, have had the most success with the snipetor r-hop patches.  The caveat is that I used it with a modify flat rubber rather than the snipetor flat hop bucking.  Would possibly go down the R-hop route for say a DMR.

The dsg would probably just use something like those options suggested above. 

1 hour ago, Which gun???? said:

I run 60 and 70 degree macarons in all my AEGs and they easily hop .32s at 1.1J, so they'll easily do it at 1.47J. Probably will do heavier, I just don't because .32s do the job and are inexpensive (.32s I find are the cut off point before ammo starts becoming very pricey!)

At 1.47J, I'd probably run a 70 degree rubber.

6 hours ago, DerDer said:

Out of those listed, have had the most success with the snipetor r-hop patches.  The caveat is that I used it with a modify flat rubber rather than the snipetor flat hop bucking.  Would possibly go down the R-hop route for say a DMR.

The dsg would probably just use something like those options suggested above. 

so for dmr setup, snipetor rhop + modify ryouske bucking + flat nub? or with m nub?

5 hours ago, Impulse said:

I run 60 and 70 degree macarons in all my AEGs and they easily hop .32s at 1.1J, so they'll easily do it at 1.47J. Probably will do heavier, I just don't because .32s do the job and are inexpensive (.32s I find are the cut off point before ammo starts becoming very pricey!)

At 1.47J, I'd probably run a 70 degree rubber.

igu igu, ill try run the 70* ones then cuz i feel the same about bbs too. After .32 they r like ~£16 per 3000 for .36

6 hours ago, Chev Chelios said:

This guy put me onto the MR Hops (I used the non silicone) and barrels and I find them 95% as good as a psionic rhop kit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYS7bhlkfjg&ab_channel=ReflexAirsoft

ahh i see thanks for the suggestions bro

5 hours ago, Which gun???? said:

igu igu, ill try run the 70* ones then cuz i feel the same about bbs too. After .32 they r like ~£16 per 3000 for .36

Heavy BB's cost, a lot, but when you're running DMR and upwards levels of power they make a big difference.

That heavier 0.40g BB (the weight I use) carries the energy and its harder to be deflected by wind, has a more predictable flight path and it's more likely to get through small amounts of foliage.

I use 0.32g in my AEG, and tried it first in my DMR, then 0.36 and finally 0.40g, and it wasn't until 0.40g that I got the results I really wanted (I've a feeling as well that if I go even heavier the results will be better but I'm scared for my bank balance that I'll like it too much).

Just be aware that the silicone ones from Maple leaf can be very hit or miss. The sticky texture to them can cause feeding issues in a large range of guns. Would recommend sticking with the rubber options.

6 hours ago, Which gun???? said:

so for dmr setup, snipetor rhop + modify ryouske bucking + flat nub? or with m nub?

In my case it was with a m nub. That was an AK style hop unit.  Your hop unit might work nicely with the flat nub.

Usually comes included with the modify rubber.  Would try that first before modding a hop up arm to fit the m nub.

3 hours ago, DerDer said:

In my case it was with a m nub. That was an AK style hop unit.  Your hop unit might work nicely with the flat nub.

Usually comes included with the modify rubber.  Would try that first before modding a hop up arm to fit the m nub.

okok will try that soon:)

4 hours ago, JVacation said:

Just be aware that the silicone ones from Maple leaf can be very hit or miss. The sticky texture to them can cause feeding issues in a large range of guns. Would recommend sticking with the rubber options.

ahh i got the rubber one already so good stuff cheers

5 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Heavy BB's cost, a lot, but when you're running DMR and upwards levels of power they make a big difference.

That heavier 0.40g BB (the weight I use) carries the energy and its harder to be deflected by wind, has a more predictable flight path and it's more likely to get through small amounts of foliage.

I use 0.32g in my AEG, and tried it first in my DMR, then 0.36 and finally 0.40g, and it wasn't until 0.40g that I got the results I really wanted (I've a feeling as well that if I go even heavier the results will be better but I'm scared for my bank balance that I'll like it too much).

ohh i see, thamks alot man! Ill keep that in mind when i buy bbs next time

Hop over to Airsoft Sniper Forum and do some searching. Those guys are obsessive, and there are members who have taken the time to perfect cutting their own patches. However, everyone still tends to agree that a properly built Maple Leaf setup will give you 95-98% of the performance of a properly setup RHop, though the RHop (kits included) are much harder to work with.

I've used Maple Leaf rubbers to hop .38g and .48g at 3J and over--they'll easily do what you need them to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.