Franchi Spas 12

Just a wee question for those in the know... I never see an airsoft Franchi Spas12 with the iconic butt, is there a legal or other good reason why?

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Just a wee question for those in the know... I never see an airsoft Franchi Spas12 with the iconic butt, is there a legal or other good reason why?

Cost. TM did produce SPAS 12 with stock in limited numbers many years ago. when they come up for sale it's a high price ever so often. there is an after market stock but last time i saw one it was £150 before shipping.

Tokyo Marui, KTW and Sheriff all made full size Spas 12s with folding stocks.

TM stocks were available separately as well as boxed together with the gun. 

Octagon airsoft cloned the TM stocks. They're expensive but you couldn't make one for less. 

The photo is a TM with some Sheriff bits. 

Unless you mean fixed stocks then only KTW did those. 

FB_IMG_1670571391933.jpg

Edited by Pupa2794

Very much what @Pupa2794 and @BigStew said.

Originally TM did the SPAS-12 as one of 3 packages -- with the folding stock, without the stock, or the stock on its own. They have occasionally appeared on the market, but they cost $$$.

As an example, Octagon Airsoft (one of the first to make a clone for the TM SPAS-12), charge $120 for it -- you're sadly not going to find even clones coming in much cheaper.

The ASG doesn't come with a stock (rigid or otherwise), nor does it have the mounting necessary for the TM/TM-clone folding stock), but at least one person has custom mounted one onto the ASG...

If you're interested in the history, US Airsoft has a video which says a bit more about the rarity and usage of these stocks, and some pics of the original TM offerings from back in the day.

TL;DR if you don't have a TM, it's possible for you to custom-fabricate a mount to support the TM stock... however,

• The TM stocks are rare af / like hen's teeth / rocking horse 💩 (delete as appropriate)
  • The clones (made out of desperation from the lack of TM stocks) still cost $$$$$$

Thanks folks, rocking horse shit is prob outwith my budget even if they were available, shame really as it's one of the few shotties I'd consider buying,.

After following some links(thanks again), it looks like a consideration, I'm a bit wary of buying from abroad tho.

Speaking for myself if I was to get the folding stock it would need to be the iconic arm rest or nothing, the fixed stock looks good too tho.

• 4 months later...

Necroposting here.

I recently acquired one of these:

20221101163925_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9ff9850dbeb1f701ed780702b6003d82.jpg

Came from the company named after a South American River. Shipped from the UK, and didn't ask for a defence... £110.00. Pump action and shell ejecting. 

Also available moulded in "traditional" Nerf Gun colours.

image_a3a340c6-b063-4c2c-b4bd-b35d4d264ac8.jpg.917000a69520252597463b82ea28de59.jpg

Not having an airsoft version to hand, I cannot confirm or deny that the entire stock and pistol grip could be transplanted, or just the stock on to a pistol grip with the appropriate mounting holes.

If anyone is interested I could take measurements and post a few pictures of the grip to body mounting?

On 03/12/2023 at 14:55, John_W said:

Necroposting here.

I recently acquired one of these:

20221101163925_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9ff9850dbeb1f701ed780702b6003d82.jpg

Came from the company named after a South American River. Shipped from the UK, and didn't ask for a defence... £110.00. Pump action and shell ejecting. 

Also available moulded in "traditional" Nerf Gun colours.

image_a3a340c6-b063-4c2c-b4bd-b35d4d264ac8.jpg.917000a69520252597463b82ea28de59.jpg

Not having an airsoft version to hand, I cannot confirm or deny that the entire stock and pistol grip could be transplanted, or just the stock on to a pistol grip with the appropriate mounting holes.

If anyone is interested I could take measurements and post a few pictures of the grip to body mounting?

What's the body and stock made out of? Tring to decide if its work attempting a gas shotty transplant.

• 4 months later...