BL Tech (now RDX Technologies) BOSS back from the dead

hitmanNo2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The BL Tech BOSS unit was a very interesting piece of gear that was shown off years ago with a lot of hype but it seemed they turned their back on the airsoft market with hopes of getting government contracts iirc.  It seems they're now back with a new name and the implied possibility of sales to your average airsofter.

The license period to the military must have expired 

Edit - i have literally just been told at work that this is the case and they are definitely coming back to airsoft in the near future

Edited by 1st commando

That's cool, would be interested in it if it's not prohibitively expensive and how it (if it does) integrates to work with AEGs or does it require a whole new gun to work? I did note on their site it states it's 140-150db so everyone near you (and yourself) is going to need hearing protection.

Edited by MrTea

7 minutes ago, MrTea said:

That's cool, would be interested in it if it's not prohibitively expensive and how it (if it does) integrates to work with AEGs or does it require a whole new gun to work? I did note on their site it states it's 140-150db so everyone near you (and yourself) is going to need hearing protection.

I do recommend checking out their youtube videos from 7 years ago as it will answer most questions .

It goes on your existing airsoft gun and the volume can be adjusted from lower ,more ear safe levels to full immersive levels the same as firing blanks 

On 21/06/2023 at 11:40, 1st commando said:

I do recommend checking out their youtube videos from 7 years ago as it will answer most questions .

It goes on your existing airsoft gun and the volume can be adjusted from lower ,more ear safe levels to full immersive levels the same as firing blanks 

I signed up to their newsletter for this latest release. In case anyone hasn't seen it they sent me a PDF of three different installation methods. I've tried attaching images of the PDF to this post but the forums won't have it. I've uploaded it to Mega so you can look at the PDF here; https://mega.nz/file/RsFiBS6S#E0Js44LnGw0AaGamF86znhqfHrMWgQ6D03Lz-1sr-OE

Edited by MrTea

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Linky no worky. 

Linky should worky now i've moved it to Mega.

Edited by MrTea

55 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Ok, I've got to have one of these when they come out. Any ideas how much they'll cost? Actually, never mind....fry.thumb.jpg.05e2866c784cf9cb508feba691430bb9.jpg

I hear ya brother.  It's going to be hard to resist. 

• Supporters

From the latest newsletter:

RDX is working diligently to get the B.O.S.S. unit into your hands. The past several weeks have been spent liaising with distributors and logistics companies, and wrapping up the manufacturing processes.

Our primary challenge currently revolves around minimizing shipping and manufacturing costs—a task that's become increasingly complex amidst the ongoing global issues.

As this is our initial manufacturing build, we're looking at a cost estimate between $650USD and $750USD.

RDX commitment to provide you with this unique, patented technology remains steadfast, we will continue our efforts to keep you up-to-date with our progress.

Lastly, we would like to acknowledge the overwhelming response. It makes our job that much easier knowing we have players across the globe wanting to get their hands on this cool tech. THANK YOU! 🔫😁

$650-$750? I don't need it that much!

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

From the latest newsletter:

$650-$750? I don't need it that much!

At that price I think we need a "da fuq" emoji in the drop down menu😱

• Supporters

Wasn't there another option for just sound effects ?, I see to remember @L3wisD selling something on here that you could program with any sound you wanted, not just shots. 

Like I said, as long as it's not prohibitively expensive, it'd sell. Not at that price.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wasn't there another option for just sound effects ?, I see to remember @L3wisD selling something on here that you could program with any sound you wanted, not just shots. 

There used to be one that was in like a fake PEQ box but from the website it doesn't look like they pursued that.

On 05/07/2023 at 12:42, EDcase said:

While it definitely sounds cool I bet airsoft sites in UK would get complaints from nearby residents if it became popular.

This.

Also I can see sites banning them if they're too loud. Yes we can use bfgs with 9mm blanks but with something like this it'll be going off way more often so the chances of it doing damage to someone's hearing is far higher

6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

This.

Also I can see sites banning them if they're too loud. Yes we can use bfgs with 9mm blanks but with something like this it'll be going off way more often so the chances of it doing damage to someone's hearing is far higher

Apparently sound level can be tuned as per below but even then, that's still a lot of noise going off near your head.

On 21/06/2023 at 11:40, 1st commando said:

Edited by MrTea

37 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Apparently sound level can be tuned as per below but even then, that's still a lot of noise going off near your head.

It'll depend on how low the volume can go but I can still see it potentially causing issues as repetitive noise at lower volumes can still cause hearing damage. A quick Google search shows that repeated exposure to sounds at around 85 decibels can cause hearing damage. This is about the same as a kitchen blender or a truck going past.

As sites have a duty of care towards customers then I can see them taking the easy option of banning them rather than leaving themselves open to potential litigation or losing customers due to making ear protection mandatory 

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

As sites have a duty of care towards customers then I can see them taking the easy option of banning them rather than leaving themselves open to potential litigation or losing customers due to making ear protection mandatory

Society really is turning into a bunch of melts LOL.  At university I had a stereo so loud, that when we held a house party, the Student Union bar used to send a member of staff to our hall of residence/house 300m away to ask us to turn it down.  Oh man I could tell some stories...…   After we left, they turned our place into an Islamic studies building.   Apparently we were the last straw in a long line of cohorts that knew how to have a good time.

Life is getting so sanitised now it's no wonder our kids are the way they are.

I don't think it's really designed for open day sites where they have to cater for the lowest common denominator. More for special events where blanks, pyro and ear defenders are standard .

I think the immersion provided by these units would be ruined by the Spandex and hose pipes at most open days these days anyway.

I do forget that to many airsofters  there is only open day airsoft as they enjoy those and wander no further

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.