US - Airsoft under threat?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 10/06/2023 at 20:51, Leo Greer said:

I don’t know the faces behind the avatars, but I’m assuming it’s mostly men on here. In almost all cases, women aren’t capable of overpowering men by physical strength. If you take away weapons, you reduce the fight down to pure physical strength and skill. Who wins in those cases? Note the extremely high rape numbers for Australia…

Better yet, ask yourself what you’d like your mother, wife, sister, or daughter to carry in potentially dangerous situations. 

I'd very much like to know where you're getting your numbers from and if you've considered the source and story behind the numbers? Australia's rape rate is not much different than the US or UK so I'm not sure how you get "extremely high"?

Sweden's seemingly oversized rape rate is perhaps the best-known example of this scenario. During the years 2013-2017, Sweden averaged 64 reported rapes per 100,000 inhabitants—a rate that tied for the highest in Europe. However, when the data was examined, it became clear that Sweden's high numbers were fueled in large part by Sweden's broader definition of rape and more inclusive reporting rules compared to other European countries. When the data was recalculated using Germany's narrower guidelines, for example, Sweden's average reported rapes per 100,000 people fell from 64 to 15, a decrease of 326.7%.

from here: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/rape-statistics-by-country

It's much the same as comparing "violent crime" between the US and the UK. We have a FAR wider definition of violent crime so comparing the straight up numbers isn't a fair comparison - https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/violent-crime#:~:text=Violent crime covers a variety,one person unlawfully kills another. our definition includes everything down to common assault which is basically shouting threats at someone!

thought this might be of interest. I got a delivery from JKARMY today to the UK but it looks like they are taking no chances when it comes to shipping to the USA.

image.thumb.jpeg.94f21be33a39840494ade9bc818d6bcb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0b28668eaba47117e34c4aa1f697cef1.jpeg

even the magazine had tape around it. Took me 15 minutes to remove it all.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.