Gotta love people

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This douche left me neg feedback, so I reached out to resolve the apparent issue I was unaware of…

Me;

Hi,

Im a bit peeved you’ve left me neg feedback, why didn’t you DM me if you hadn’t received them?

Im on here every other day, sold many things after you.

Can you give me the date / transaction info for your payment you made to me?

Regards

Dave

Him;

What do you think that is? 
You choose to leave the conversation which to me implies you had no intention of dealing with the issue

IMG_4248.png

If you want the details look in your inbox the previous messages will be in there

Me;

I didn’t ‘leave the chat’ the convo got deleted somehow, so like I said why don’t you start a new convo with me? Look at my absolutely massive history here, compared to your ‘0’, why would I be avoiding or ripping anyone off!?

So as I have no history of our chat can you give me the PayPal transaction date and amount so I can check, if all good I’ll send them out tomo for you.

Regards

Dave

Him;

And thats some how my fault?

Money was sent and that was the last i heard from you

I attempted contact and heard nothing, paypal claim done and dusted i’m no longer interested in the item

If you sell that much kit then might i suggest a pen and post it note for the items in future should you have further “technical issues”

Me;

No fault was implied.

It’s just a normal, sensible way of working through a problem wether innocent or not.

Not just assume everyone is a cock and leave neg feedback to someone that clearly unaware of any problem even existing.

@Davegolf you are one of the most respected people on this forum, not to mention helpful in dispensing advice.

I understand how much this must have pissed you off, but this guy seems like the equivalent of a wasp buzzing around your pint in a beer garden; annoying but ultimately not enough to ruin your day. 

Edited by C-Diddy

Indeed, I like the analogy! 😁

I just find it fascinating how some peoples brains work, and how they must ultimately think the world is against them, yet it’s mostly self inflicted.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
14 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I just find it fascinating how some peoples brains work, and how they must ultimately think the world is against them, yet it’s mostly self inflicted.

As someone removed from the situation entirely, this doesn't feel fair to say!

I've read this as carefully as possible and I might be missing some details, so please do let me know as I might have misunderstood. Here's my understanding though:

- You both agreed on a sale

- Buyer sent money over to you

- The customer doesn't receive the item they expected, and DMs you through AFUK

- The convo got deleted in your inbox somehow (I'd def report that to proffrink, that could cause all sorts of issues)

- The PM's still in their inbox, so they don't have a reason to suspect something's wrong on AFUK

- They don't receive a response, initiating a paypal claim - not really that unreasonable

The negative feedback aspect is perhaps unfair in the sense that as you said, that PM got deleted and that shit can really fuck up a deal. They didn't know that though - it's unfair to stay angry at them once you realised there was a mix-up.

The question you asked - why don't you start a new convo with me etc - is a fair one but there are questions in return I think:

- Why don't you track money coming in or out of your paypal account, both in a notification sense and querying unexpected cash?

- Why didn't you chase the buyer after not hearing anything?

They're not entirely fair to ask and they of course prob have good explanations - but my point here is to say that both of you were in the same situation to start with. The moment a technical glitch became apparent should be the equalizer; a chance to de-escalate.

E: Having said all that I def emphasize because feedback can't be removed I don't think, so you're stuck with it - that really sucks and it's annoying the forum software doesn't allow for it. My point is I don't think it's fair to blame them.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I've had initiated a chargeback 30 seconds after the promised delivery date, left negative feedback, and put a horse's head in your bed.

Seems reasonable

@DrAlexanderTobacco oh i totally agree, from my POV i was selling multiple items at the time, with the usual 4x time wasters for every actual sale, and actual work got pretty hectic, i obv just lost track of what had sold/despatched depsite having a 'selling shelf' at home.

My point is more that people go from chill to full retard, when a little logic goes a long way, as i stated i on here usually evey other day, its easy to track a user and see if they are active, DM me and chase up the order, or even start a thread bashing me, but dont just give up all hope, decide im a twat and neg me.

We are all human - people need to remeber that on the other end of the screen is a human (hopefully) and not just an automated order fulfillment system!

@Rogerborg i dont think anything sends such a solid message like a good ol horse head :D

Ive always loved the sense of scale of a horse head on a double bed 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.