propane brand

Wegalaxy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Propane will not kill your seals, just keep the mags filled and they will be fine. And don't put silicone oil into the adapter, it isnt neccessary and will just get lubricant on your hop rubber.

The madbull adapter works with 1lb propane tanks like coleman, vortex and rothernberg.

35 minutes ago, Danhc92 said:

Propane will not kill your seals, just keep the mags filled and they will be fine. And don't put silicone oil into the adapter, it isnt neccessary and will just get lubricant on your hop rubber.

The madbull adapter works with 1lb propane tanks like coleman, vortex and rothernberg.

Wait..... Are you telling me I can use my plumber's MAPP gas to go pewing? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325665149661?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=khchATKiR5O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tna5mbwtskm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Dan Robinson

I'm in the process of catching up with this propane lark.

Quick answer please, are the savings really worth the effort of not buying cans of Ultrair (without lube, but which are available on-site for £10-12?), Or Abbey Predator (which has some lube included, if you're so inclined.... Matron 🤡)

Plumber's torch bottles are several times bigger for similar money.  How much hassle/cost the extra lube is we can work out here. 

For me obviously it's an (un)fortunate cost of business (f*ck you HMRC).  Would certainly make a GBBR more practical. 

It then begs the question of.... Blue bottle propane or yellow bottle MAPP?  

Yep si know other colours are available 😜

I did use a can of Coleman Propane as a test but for me the hassle of adding the oil along with two faulty adaptors and the smell put me off.

You can get good deals on Ultrair for £5.8 a bottle ASG Ultrair Power Green Gas Propellent 570mm (10 X Cans) (bbguns4less.co.uk)

You shouldnt be putting oil in, I've run dry propane for the past 11 years or so and refilled my tanks from a calor tank. It has saved me a fortune and makes the gun more consistent.

It doesnt break your mag seals, and just requires you to apply a small amount of silicone to the piston cup in the blowback unit every now and then when you are cleaning it.

MAPP gas should be used in the winter when its alot colder, my MWS kicks like a mule on it, even in the coldest of weather.

You can also refill the MAPP gas cylinders with propane once they are empty.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, EDcase said:

You can get good deals on Ultrair for £5.8 a bottle

Maybe down to £5.51 if you add to basket and wait 24 hours to be sent a 5% discount code.  It's not guaranteed, but I usually get sent some kind of discount if I'm patient.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Maybe down to £5.51 if you add to basket and wait 24 hours to be sent a 5% discount code.  It's not guaranteed, but I usually get sent some kind of discount if I'm patient.

Yes I forgot about that

2 hours ago, Danhc92 said:

You shouldnt be putting oil in, I've run dry propane for the past 11 years or so and refilled my tanks from a calor tank. It has saved me a fortune and makes the gun more consistent.

It doesnt break your mag seals, and just requires you to apply a small amount of silicone to the piston cup in the blowback unit every now and then when you are cleaning it.

MAPP gas should be used in the winter when its alot colder, my MWS kicks like a mule on it, even in the coldest of weather.

You can also refill the MAPP gas cylinders with propane once they are empty.

You may be right but I've seen lots of info recommending to add a bit of oil so I'll stick with that advice.  Otherwise why would they add oil to all the other airsoft gas.

Edited by EDcase

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BTT67WDL/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

Not bad. 

How about just leaving the mags charged with maintenence gas at the end of each skirmish? Would that lube the gun and seals enough? 

1 minute ago, Dan Robinson said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BTT67WDL/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

Not bad. 

How about just leaving the mags charged with maintenence gas at the end of each skirmish? Would that lube the gun and seals enough? 

That's the adaptor that two failed.  (Note the port for adding oil)

Yes, I would agree that emptying the mags of propane and using maintenance gas 144a would be a good idea.

They most likely add it because it sounds like it should be a good idea, which doesnt neccessarily mean it is.

Speaking from experience of using dry propane, I very rarely get a leak, my MWS mags for example have never leaked in the past 3 years that I have owned them.

Occassionally when a mag develops a leak which is a very rare occurance, I strip the mag down, apply a small amount of silicone grease tp the seals, heat them lightly with a heat gun and reassemble the mag.

I would not advocate the use of maintenance gas inbetween games, its a total waste of money and you are more likely to do damage venting the gas each time you change over. (Freezing rubber is never a good idea)

As for the adaptor, always go with a genuine madbull one, they are available on ebay and work flawlessly. The cheap clones are pretty hit and miss.

The 'lube in gas' thing does seem a bit odd...

_No oil_

Abbey Brut Sniper

_Some oil_

Ultrair

Abbey Predator etc

Nuprol 1.0/2.0/3.0 etc

... And pretty much everything else too?

_Lots of oil_

Abbey Maintenance 144a

I've always used the Nuprol or Abbey Predator in my pistol mags, to keep the seals lubed, because that seems to be 'the done thing' 

But when I bought my GBBR the advice seems to be go for 'dry' gas, so the hop rubber doesn't get oil on it which will impact range and accuracy. (And indeed thinking about my rifle not seeming to perform as well yesterday, compared to the previous skirmish, I wonder if the fact I've used maintenance gas in the two new mags in an attempt to fix leaks had indeed coated the hop rubber to cause the inconsistencies I saw)

Well, pistols have hop too, so is it just the inherent inaccuracy of pistols that makes the trade-off of more reliable mags Vs poorer performance from the hop more acceptable?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Found out Ultrair has silicone in it

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, too much is certainly bad but I wouldn't go with dry longterm

As I'm quite lazy I imagined running a burst of maintenance gas through my GBBR mags "every once in a while" and hoping for the best 🤠

Any 400mil will have the correct fitting for you I use propane exclusively.

Bottles on ebay brand new £8 posted atm

On 30/05/2023 at 10:25, Danhc92 said:

They most likely add it because it sounds like it should be a good idea, which doesnt neccessarily mean it is.

Speaking from experience of using dry propane, I very rarely get a leak, my MWS mags for example have never leaked in the past 3 years that I have owned them.

Occassionally when a mag develops a leak which is a very rare occurance, I strip the mag down, apply a small amount of silicone grease tp the seals, heat them lightly with a heat gun and reassemble the mag.

I would not advocate the use of maintenance gas inbetween games, its a total waste of money and you are more likely to do damage venting the gas each time you change over. (Freezing rubber is never a good idea)

As for the adaptor, always go with a genuine madbull one, they are available on ebay and work flawlessly. The cheap clones are pretty hit and miss.

I've been trying to use the madbull adapter and propane and it just wont fill.

Various Airsoft gas - fills

Yellow bottle Mapp - fills

Blue propane - jizzes everywhere

3 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Hahahaha I've had that issue before. Try using the black plastic adapter end cap that comes with the madbull adapter and don't use excessive force.

Works for me, hope this helps

17 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Is the adapter properly screwed on when your using the blue propane?

Is there any MAPP gas left in the mag before you try to fill it with propane?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.