Vorsk

wmjttyers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm relatively new to airsoft, been playing a year of so, and used tips from friends I know that have played longer i started getting in to GBB. Just wanting to know peoples opinions on Vorsk? Seen lot's of positive things about their pistols on social media and seen they have a new SMG coming. What are peoples thoughts?

Absolute trash unfortunately.

Very poor quality control, terrible materials. Avoid like you’d avoid something that need avoiding.

Have you had personal experience with Vorsk? Or just heard on the grapevine? Just i've tested some at a store and found now problems, if anything the complete opposite of what you've just said

1 minute ago, wmjttyers said:

Have you had personal experience with Vorsk? Or just heard on the grapevine? Just i've tested some at a store and found now problems, if anything the complete opposite of what you've just said

You asked for opinions. I’ve handled several “nearly new” Vorsk pistols that failed within one or two uses.

But. if you’re determined, buy one and let us know. VFC are starting to get their act together, so why not Vorsk

Yeh, i'm just trying to find out more, not discounting your opinions at all, just had a few experiences of people not actually using the guns they are saying are bad that's all. 

9 minutes ago, wmjttyers said:

Testing them in a store tells you nothing about their durability and reliability; even WE Hi-Powers usually work when brand new.  I don't own a Vorsk, but I know of a couple of people who bought them; they lasted for a handful of games and then died.  There are also plenty of first hand similar reports on t'interwebs.

Remember that much of what you see on social media comes from either people with brand new toys or "influencers" 🤮 who are being rewarded for giving positive reviews.

7 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Testing them in a store tells you nothing about their durability and reliability; even WE Hi-Powers usually work when brand new.  I don't own a Vorsk, but I know of a couple of people who bought them; they lasted for a handful of games and then died.  There are also plenty of first hand similar reports on t'interwebs.

Remember that much of what you see on social media comes from either people with brand new toys or "influencers" 🤮 who are being rewarded for giving positive reviews.

From what I can see online Vorsk haven't paid/ sent products to people to review. Maybe i'll bite the bullet (so to speak) and get one as they aren't too dear. 

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Do we know the OEM / branding chain with "Vorsk"?  I'm wondering if they come from the same toy factory as "Raven" single-use guns.

No idea, from what i can see from being in stores the build quality is completely different from Vorsk to Raven, I know they are both brands of Nuprol however

1 minute ago, wmjttyers said:

From what I can see online Vorsk haven't paid/ sent products to people to review. Maybe i'll bite the bullet (so to speak) and get one as they aren't too dear. 

No idea, from what i can see from being in stores the build quality is completely different from Vorsk to Raven, I know they are both brands of Nuprol however

May be their own factory that produces them? Nothing similar to Vorsk out on the market really

5 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

What model are you looking at?

pop up a link, there’s a good chap 😉

https://www.bztactical.co.uk/vorsk-hi-capa-51-split-grey

Looking at this but in black

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Unlikely if they're a sub-brand of Nuprol.

image.thumb.png.5969de6cf81ef24a2aa032975ecb47d8.png

Maybe, but probably can say the same for majority of brands

Sounds like you're keen to buy it.   I say "go for it" * and let us know how it pans out.   Always good to have some personal experience fed back to The Hive Mind ;)

* As long as you can afford to "buy cheap, buy twice"

2 minutes ago, wmjttyers said:

But it's less expensive that pretty much every other brand....

There's a reason for that. I'm not saying you should only buy the expensive brands, hell I love my cheapsoft guns and gear, but Vorsk is a make I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, wmjttyers said:

But it's less expensive that pretty much every other brand....

It's the same price as a basic non-tacticool TM Hi-Capa, and £25 more than an Army Armament R501.

I'd actually encourage you to go ahead and get one, because your error will be our data point.

£130 isn't all that cheap though.  Is it the split slide feature you're really keen on?   For another £30-40 you could have your pick of TMs... 

Edit:

Feck me, barge poles are pricey!   
image.thumb.png.c6788e617f08da53c11dabdece326e1d.png

You could buy a Vorsk for that much :D

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's the same price as a basic non-tacticool TM Hi-Capa, and £25 more than an Army Armament R501.

I'd actually encourage you to go ahead and get one, because your error will be our data point.

or you could all be wrong and it could be the best thing? who knows really, all comes down to how you care for it also

21 minutes ago, wmjttyers said:

or you could all be wrong and it could be the best thing? who knows really, all comes down to how you care for it also

You asked us for opinions, but when given you're immediately actively trying to disregard them? You seem to already have your heart set on it, so why bother asking?

Are you a shill for Vorsk?

It doesn't ALL come down to "How you care for it" It actually mostly comes down to "How shoddily made it is". 

Edited by Asomodai

I had the same sort of argument when I was choosing an Eotech clone.   I was at first looking at the very cheapest used ones, £25.  I persuaded myself to spend a bit more - £50 for a Sotac that had received some good reviews as 'good value' - so I'd "buy once", but even then I had people here (maybe it was even CannonFodder or Rogerborg) saying that's too cheap, go for the Holywarrior at £100+

I went for the Sotac at £50, and so far it's been absolutely fine.   But I know I could stick it on my GBBR and it might be fine, or it might lose zero every few shots, or it might shake itself to pieces and turn into junk.   I drew my financial line in the sand, and stuck to it - whilst acknowledging in the long term that it might end up being ... unwise.

There's always a "risk versus reward" choice to be made - it's your choice, but Vorsk do not have a great rep, so it seems your're heading much towards "risk" rather than "reward"... 

1 minute ago, Asomodai said:

You asked us for opinions, but when given you're actively trying to discount them? You seem to already have your heart set on it, so why bother?

Are you a shill for Vorsk?

It doesn't ALL come down to "How you care for it" It actually mostly comes down to "How shoddily made it is". 

That was tongue and cheek from me previously, don't take it so seriously, I am not discounting your opinions at all, I like what I have seen and tested from Vorsk and think they look better than most other things out there. 

Have not tried to shill anything to anyone so don't know why you'd even consider that

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I had people here (maybe it was even CannonFodder or Rogerborg) saying that's too cheap, go for the Holywarrior at £100+

Heck, no, I'm always laughing at how much people pay for reel steal optics to put on toys that sling tiny bits of plastic with less consistency than the cheapest AliExpress red dot can provide.

54 minutes ago, wmjttyers said:

Have not tried to shill anything to anyone so don't know why you'd even consider that

Well, two kinds of people would say that.  People who aren't shilling for Vorsk, and people who are shilling for Vorsk.

I don't think you are, but I do agree with the sentiment that you've already decided to buy it and are looking for validation.  It's very common.

So I hereby validate, bless and anoint thee, do as thou wilt.  Just please do let us know how it turns out either way, since - as you correctly say - first hand experience is invaluable.

Or if you're determined to buy it just to see how bad it can be, well, I do that all the time, so double blessings on that.

52 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

What he said. 
Most of our toys at that money have components and internals that are made out of “Chineseium alloys” - more affectionately known as Pot Metal. 
Vorsk aren’t known to have a long lifespan, and tbf, most sidearms are hardly used in a skirmish. 
If you hardly use it, it should last you a while😉

Lets hope that if you do purchase it (which it looks like you are intending to)

you get a decent experience out of the box and it doesn’t shit itself before you get it out of backyard plinking and make it to the field 👍

But please let us know how you get on with it 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.