DMR setup

Jordancox

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A lot of "what's on offer" will depend on whether you have a fixed idea of what you want, platform wise. 

Long barreled M4/ar15 types are very common (partially due to upgrade options), the G3 is a beautiful platform to build on, the G36k is also worth looking at for dmr duties. I have recently seen a mp5 acting as a dmr....

So it really does depend on what you want. 

But consider, a nugget of wisdom I garnered from hanging around here, a finely tuned AEG (sub 1.14J) will give you full auto and no med...

• Supporters

You'll also want to check if your local sites have pedantic[*] requirements for DMRs, i.e. a toy pretending to 7.62mm be rather than a toy pretending to be 5.56mm.

[*] And incorrect.

image.thumb.png.102b4937bc6017b786d9f19410606fe1.png

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

You'll also want to check if your local sites have pedantic[*] requirements for DMRs, i.e. a toy pretending to 7.62mm be rather than a toy pretending to be 5.56mm.

[*] And incorrect.

image.thumb.png.102b4937bc6017b786d9f19410606fe1.png

Wait sites do this? Like, really? 

Where abouts so I can have a read of the full rules list - I could do with a laugh

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Wait sites do this? Like, really? 

Where abouts so I can have a read of the full rules list - I could do with a laugh

Good question. I swear I have seen them, but [handwaving intensifies] I can't recall offhand which site(s) do this.  Does anyone have a better memory?

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good question. I swear I have seen them, but [handwaving intensifies] I can't recall offhand which site(s) do this.  Does anyone have a better memory?

I know it's in the Gunman rules for their filmsim events, and 99.9% sure I've heard it on their briefs.

"Acceptable weapon types - DMR weapons have longer barrels, magnified optics and are usually real world calibers such as 7.62mm. It is not an m4 carbine with a heavier spring in."

In fairness I think they're just trying to avoid things like this 😅

But yeah gunman suggest a real world dmr as a base, and I kinda appreciate it really but that's a different conversation. 

IMG_8475 copy.jpg

8 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

In fairness I think they're just trying to avoid things like this 😅

But yeah gunman suggest a real world dmr as a base, and I kinda appreciate it really but that's a different conversation. 

IMG_8475 copy.jpg

Have a look at @Skullchewer's recent post in "how did your day go" and there is one of these in there.

for Filmsim sure, respect that, add to emersion and all that. 

for a skirmish game/day..... slightly different vibe

13 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

for Filmsim sure, respect that, add to emersion and all that. 

for a skirmish game/day..... slightly different vibe

Tbf from what I remember they don't apply this to the skirmishes that they run and in reality I don't think that I've actually seen them take issue with a rif for as long as I've been playing there, they're generally pretty relaxed really 😅

I'll have to see if I can find that post...

@Crazy_Crystal here you go, second half I believe.

In fairness I would absolutely rock that as a dmr just for shits and giggles and for the dilligaf nature.

I had to surpress a chuckle as I was streaming that.  Lovey gbb MP5 made to look preposterous with that optic.

But hey, we all play how we play. I wander round the site with Colonial Marines patches on my shirt and a rubber axe 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oh and I'm fairly sure Skirmish Wycombe still run a "dmr must look like a dmr" rule. 

Screenshot_20230427_184058_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Skullchewer

13 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I had to surpress a chuckle as I was streaming that.  Lovey gbb MP5 made to look preposterous with that optic.

1624269886_MP5bigscope.jpg.58dbf8837955a68e86c452a77bed8d2d.jpg

Think of it as an homage 😁

1007919100_MP5SAS.jpg.31fa03ba49e92ab14ac69178ab72cf2e.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.