Scam Sale on Used Airsoft

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is happening a lot, saw a pistol that I advertised a few months back on there recently, using my photographs, reported it and it was removed. 
Thanks for the heads up. 

Edited by novioman

Thanks for heads up , shitheads everywhere these days :(

there’s a seller on here regularly popping up in Mack’s using other peoples photos too although he seems to have plenty of positive feedback . It just doesn’t quite stack up for me 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Super64 said:

I think the name was William O’Connor

I wonder if that was our old chum Stephen Glennie at it again.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I wonder if that was our old chum Stephen Glennie at it again.

That had crossed my mind. He seems to have been a bit quite lately.

Other than the fact it was clearly my photo, there were other things that stood out about the advert. Mainly that it was described as being a Tokyo Marui. Obviously, TM don’t do a GBB MP5, (although I wish they would, because it would be awesome). So, if you know your airsoft guns it’s possible to pick out some of the scammers. The problem is these people are mainly praying on people who don’t know a great deal about airsoft, or are new and just want a gun.

Also, be aware that if you see this WE M14 EBR for sale anywhere using this photo, it’s also one of my pictures of a gun I sold a while ago. I know of one person so far that’s had this offered to them for around £200 using this photo. £200 is very cheap for a standard WE M14, let alone a fully trademarked EBR with accessories. So it suggests it’s a scam as opposed to the current owner wanting to sell. 

7E58327B-7ACF-4ABE-A5C5-8DDEDB084633.jpeg

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Also, be aware that if you see this WE M14 EBR for sale anywhere using this photo, it’s also one of my pictures of a gun I sold a while ago. I know of one person so far that’s had this offered to them for around £200 using this photo. £200 is very cheap for a standard WE M14, let alone a fully trademarked EBR with accessories. So it suggests it’s a scam as opposed to the current owner wanting to sell. 

Scammers clearly a fan of yours, disgruntled Ex lol ? 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Scammers clearly a fan of yours, disgruntled Ex lol ? 

To be honest, with the amount of stuff I’ve bought and sold over the years I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s my wife trying to flog all my stuff 🤔

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

Off topic but, can I interest you in another WE M14? Looks almost identical to yours actually!image.png.0460de5a72462f904258fcc3399f5193.png 

14 hours ago, RecsPowerCode said:

Hey buddy that was me, i was the one got fraud and post the chat on another site, HHH

Are you the guy who posted questioning whether it was a scam? Did you get my comment? Hopefully it helped and prevented you getting scammed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.