Old School AEGs

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just want to ask the forum if there are any UK retailers out there that are still stocking 'Old school' airsoft products (aka The things I grew up wanting that I couldn't afford then)?

I know Fire Support still has some classic TM AEGs in stock. I bought a TM PSG-1 from them in lockdown 1 and added a TM Uzi shortly afterwards from a classified ad.

Does anyone still stock Classic Army or G&P aegs anymore?!

I do have modern bits, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about those old TM product line catalogues that hit me in the nostalgics...

I do of course keep an eye on the classifieds on here.

Let me know and I will check them out.

Cheers.

• Supporters

Pretty sure the only people still selling the old school CA stuff are in HK. Not sure CA even make that much old school stuff any more.

WGC? Can't imagine how financially ruinous it is atm to import from Asia these days. It was bad a decade and a half ago.

3 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

WGC? Can't imagine how financially ruinous it is atm to import from Asia these days. It was bad a decade and a half ago.

I try not to, because customs sometimes likes to confiscate your package. Otherwise, it's not too bad; my friend bought a TM LCP II with two spare mags which came in at about the same price as buying one here without the spare mags, even after customs charges.

Parts on the other hand... I've never paid customs charges on any small bits and pieces I've bought from any HK retailer I've dealt with (WGC, Tiger111, KHMountain) as they were all marked as gifts. Good to have such generous friends in HK ;) 

Edited by Impulse

Many of those old products simply aren't made anymore .

TM still do quite a few of the old series but with current Japanese pricing and shipping they are really not worth the money.

CA still do some of the older models but very few people carry them now 

G&P stopped doing almost all of the proper replicas and decent models in favour of doing made up shit . The Stoners series is about the best you can get from G&P now 

OK, thanks all. Do you reckon any retailers just have old stock still, rather than newly made old designs? There must be an Aladdin's cave out there somewhere!

25 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

OK, thanks all. Do you reckon any retailers just have old stock still, rather than newly made old designs? There must be an Aladdin's cave out there somewhere!

Very few left over, and most have poor websites. The best places that would have left over stock are probably are not online and based in HK/Japan. 

You may still find some bits left over on Dentrinity who are a classic shop and run on an invoice based system.

DEN Trinity Shop

Octagon may have some bits left as well. 

HOME | Octagon Airsoft

Edited by Asomodai

I do love the Den Trinity website. Only slightly more functional than the Guys N Guns 2 site. Now, they were the best lads back in the day.

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

I do love the Den Trinity website. Only slightly more functional than the Guys N Guns 2 site. Now, they were the best lads back in the day.

they haven't changed that web site in 20 years that it functions at all is amazing.

Not at all Jez, that is one model I have looked at of late, as, IIRC it uses the same mags as the PSG-1...

24 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

Where am Beta Spetznaz! 

Fire support have them!

My first AEG.

FAAAMMMMASSSS is the bestist.

Gun Jesus says so. 😁

Never had one myself.

I once saw a new player turn up at Worthing with their’s fully wrapped in bin liner and duct tape. They were worried about the electrics in the rain.

I suppose if you had no one to ask, what you gonna do? We had a good chuckle.

I think Tom let him shoot the M-72 to cheer him up.

17 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

Where am Beta Spetznaz! 

Fire support have them!

I bought a TM AK47-S as my first gun, and then had some buyer's regret when the Spetznaz became available - that thing was awesome :)

image.png.f76b043c25e6eb1493097f4020ac3f80.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I'm currently looking to get a G&P m14 DMR stock for my HPA m14 setup but they're unicorn poop levels of rarity it feels like. Once I do get it though, it should be a nice old-school looking unique gun as I've never seen anyone run one, not really even when they were available everywhere back in the 00s and 10s.

image.jpeg.64ab78cc50077773b0f2a019b1297138.jpeg

Also, kinda want to buy a TM spetsnaz just for the nostalgia :P 

Edited by Impulse

28 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I'm currently looking to get a G&P m14 DMR stock for my HPA m14 setup but they're unicorn poop levels of rarity it feels like.

I am sure I came across they CYMA variant in stock at a reasonable price a couple of months ago when I was buying a standard M14, I now can't remember/find where it was or maybe they have already sold out. Not a massive fan of the looks of them personally, but they definitely aren't common I will give you that. Not sure if people didn't like the look of them or what, but I guess they never sold that well. Having the EBR style motor housing stops anyone just buying a replacement stock to switch between that and standard without having to switch parts of the gearbox as well otherwise you could just run one set of internals/receiver and switch between which one you felt like.

Edit: found one in stock on BBguns4less, but at £190 it is considerably more than a standard new CYMA M14, maybe i was misremembering the price.

Edited by Terry_Rist

3 minutes ago, Terry_Rist said:

I am sure I came across they CYMA variant in stock at a reasonable price a couple of months ago when I was buying a standard M14, I now can't remember/find where it was or maybe they have already sold out. Not a massive fan of the looks of them personally, but they definitely aren't common I will give you that. Not sure if people didn't like the look of them or what, but I guess they never sold that well. Having the EBR style motor housing stops anyone just buying a replacement stock to switch between that and standard without having to switch parts of the gearbox as well otherwise you could just run one set of internals/receiver and switch between which one you felt like.

I think you're right. The fact that you have to change out parts of the gearbox to get it to work are a big annoyance, however I'd be running a HPA line out so it would be no issue for me. If fire-support can't get the G&P kit for me, I'll see if Zero One can get the Cyma in. They're out of stock everywhere!

1 minute ago, Impulse said:

I think you're right. The fact that you have to change out parts of the gearbox to get it to work are a big annoyance, however I'd be running a HPA line out so it would be no issue for me. If fire-support can't get the G&P kit for me, I'll see if Zero One can get the Cyma in. They're out of stock everywhere!

Yeah added an Edit because I did find one complete in stock but it is more expensive than I remembered seeing it.

I have to say I am impressed with the M14 platform for its performance in range/accuracy. Out of the box the shoot stupidly well and consistently compared to other options in the price bracket. A lot of people are put off by the difficulty of getting parts and the hassle of working on them which is fair enough, but if you can persevere past those drawbacks they are a great and underrated platform in my opinion.

I can't believe how difficult it has become to get replacement parts for replicas in the past few years. I thought I used to be able to see hundreds of stock furniture parts as spares or replacements listed everywhere, now it seems to be the case that you have to ask a retailer nicely if you can get them to order it in and hope they can. This isn't helped by brexit and the high shipping costs from Asia now either.

5 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

FAAAMMMMASSSS is the bestist.

Gun Jesus says so. 😁

Never had one myself.

I once saw a new player turn up at Worthing with their’s fully wrapped in bin liner and duct tape. They were worried about the electrics in the rain.

I suppose if you had no one to ask, what you gonna do? We had a good chuckle.

I think Tom let him shoot the M-72 to cheer him up.

I can remember a lad at Worthing circa 2006 who was lethal with his FAMAS.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.