Knee Replacement ?

Tackle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Slightly off topic,  but as someone with damaged joints, Wayne Parr is something of an inspiration.   He was fighting with the world's best months after a hip replacement.  

Shows the power of physio and makes me stick to mine!

Wimp …. 

https://youtu.be/nDq4YLaCdc4

https://youtu.be/pI7bAWOhFvg

39 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Wimp …. 

https://youtu.be/nDq4YLaCdc4

https://youtu.be/pI7bAWOhFvg

Amazing people.

I'll let you tell Parr that he's a wimp 😉

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Bit of a necropost, so after 3 cancellations, finally got a new knee a couple of hours ago, actually did the right knee today as it had got worse than the left over the last year, once I'm recovered they'll look to do the left, roll on, then I'll be gunning for the lot of you lol 😜

Had a spinal, which us good for pain, only downside us you don't know if your pissing the bed, which obviously I didn’t do 😏

IMG_20231009_211014.jpg

Enjoy the rehab, it's a bitch but it works and is worth the pain. It really is.

Edited by concretesnail

Good luck with the physio and recovery. 

I'm 45 year old 130kg plumber and  ex rugby player  who rode/crashed motorbikes.   Let's just say my knees are fucked.   Had chunks of cartilage taken from both, the last time was literally the day before lockdown.  The first time was the day before the London bombings. 

I both feel and hear your pain brother.... boy I miss those general anaesthetics. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

There was a guy at my last 2 games on crutches and still playing. It can be done. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Good luck with the physio and recovery. 

I'm 45 year old 130kg plumber and  ex rugby player  who rode/crashed motorbikes.   Let's just say my knees are fucked.   Had chunks of cartilage taken from both, the last time was literally the day before lockdown.  The first time was the day before the London bombings. 

I both feel and hear your pain brother.... boy I miss those general anaesthetics. 

Me too, rugby/ice hockey/bikes, we could be twins (in a devito/schwartzenegger kinda way😝). 

But yeah, takes its toll, & yep, no sleep like a chemically induced one😴

Heal soon chap.  Not had my knee get that bad, but judo and off road bikes have left me full of arthritis.  I know how it bloody feels!

Physio, physio, physio...  

Hope you're back in the field soon.

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

Bit of a necropost, so after 3 cancellations, finally got a new knee a couple of hours ago, actually did the right knee today as it had got worse than the left over the last year, once I'm recovered they'll look to do the left, roll on, then I'll be gunning for the lot of you lol 😜

Had a spinal, which us good for pain, only downside us you don't know if your pissing the bed, which obviously I didn’t do 😏

IMG_20231009_211014.jpg

Get wel soon bud.

You will have no problem kneeling for your knighthood now 😂👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.