Scopes and GBBR rifles - what's the deal? Worried I'll break something

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm currently doing a build that you can fin in my other posts, but I was thinking, a GBBR has a slight double recoil just like an air rifle as the bolt/piston respectively slams forwards, and air rifles are notorious for breaking optics.

Some may find this question rather stupid since a real gun also has a bolt that slams forwards, Although the initial recoil/momentum is much greater so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask....

We're talking about optics rated for real guns, not airsoft replica scopes.

I am planning on putting a Hawke Vantage scope on a GBBR. It is not fully automatic and I usually run medium-low pressure gas. I was also thinking I could go all in and stick my best scope on it for whatever reason.

....so I'm asking for advice before I go ahead and possibly break a brand new scope (or a 1400€ hunting scope for that matter....)

The Scopes: 

Hawke Vantage 3-9x40

Schmidt & Bender Klassik 3-12x42

I have a LPVO designed for air rifle shooting on my MWS and it holds zero just fine. You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with even the better replica stuff as @Chev Cheliossays.

The Hawke is rated for H&H .375 recoil.  It will be fine.

If you will be playing at dusk, I would get something from the Panorama Hawke range though.    

I've had some replica optics repeatedly loose zero on gbbr with stronger recoil, so transitioned over to using optics for real steel shooting, as i dropped on a good deal. Better quality air rifle optics should be up to the job, something with lockable adjustment.

• Supporters

Something worth remembering when spending money on real steel optics - airsoft rails are not always in spec so the real steel optics may just not grip properly so holding zero may be a bit pot luck regardless of how expensive your optics are!

11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Something worth remembering when spending money on real steel optics - airsoft rails are not always in spec so the real steel optics may just not grip properly so holding zero may be a bit pot luck regardless of how expensive your optics are!

Very true.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Pro-tip: Shimming with red electrical tape gives you the most Joule creep.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.