Chest rigs used by Royal commandos/SAS

David Mijo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

My buddies and I want to make either a Royal commando loadout or SAS (MTP/Multicam), we want to use chest rigs, so that kind of dictates the choice. Can someone provide us a kit list of a chest rig loadout, or just the chest rig models they use?

Best regards,

David

Chest rigs are a bit less common these days but still used occasionally for specific roles. I suspect that belt kit will always be king in the light infantry role for a while anyway. The Royal marines will be issued a C2R chest rig soon though (although this is probably British military "soon")

Alternatively uksf use a few different variations including C2Rfast, mayflower and Platatac being seen. There will be others out there too I'm sure. (It's mostly private purchase stuff for the most part though.)

• Supporters

Greetings an welcome to the forum , JFYI it’s Royal Marine commando or just Royal Marines , never ‘royal commando’  liable to get a tad bent out of shape if you miss name them(you wanna see the way they flip out when you miss pronounce there unit numbers , “it’s 4-2 commando NOT 42 ! that’s f**king position in the Karma Sutra !” Is a standard one ! 🤣🤣) any hoo as others have said if your going really ‘old school’ DPM go for an arktis NI chest rig plus a light weight belt kit , for more recent pre MTP your looking at a full belt kit and if more recent MTP/MC then as others have said Blackhawk/crye or any others ‘high end plate carriers will do .

35904970-53FC-4D68-B469-D3257CD80ED5.jpeg

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

You want them to really flip out? Point out their ID cards says Royal Navy ......

Hahahaha completely forgot about how pissed they get when you call them sailors  ! 🤣 as we used to do ALL the time in Brecon ! 😈😈😈😈

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

You want them to really flip out? Point out their ID cards says Royal Navy ......

Or ask which instrument they play 

Many moons ago when I was at school we had a visit for a few days from some RM PT instructors doing the usual recruitment stuff. As part of it they ran a self defence class at lunchtime and one day I made the mistake of not checking which t shirt I'd grabbed out of the drawer in the morning. It was a marron one with a parachute reg badge on it and, despite my best efforts to hide at the back of the class, it was spotted and I was "volunteered" for all the demos

Edited by Cannonfodder

3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Hahahaha completely forgot about how pissed they get when you call them sailors  ! 🤣 as we used to do ALL the time in Brecon ! 😈😈😈😈

I used to be the Army lead in a particular subject area.

I’d get at least one call a week with a sob story as to why their problem was special and my 3 answers were:

1) I hear your problem, oh dear how sad never mind.  You are in the queue and will get yours sorted along everyone else’s as per priority / resources 

2) That’s a shame, I’ll knock up an email endorsing it, and if you call them on Monday everything will be wonderfull

But the most common response was number 3

3) You’re in the Navy, call x

”But we’re a bit like the Army and wear green clothes”

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.